20 x 20 World Map - Highly Inaccurate, but fun (PTW)

SHard

Inspired
Introducing the first ever 20x20 World Map! (I think)

I created this map yesterday just for a bit of fun and thought I would post it here just in case anyone else wants to try it out. The map is, naturally, highly inaccurate, so feel free to edit it. It is created for play the world and with version 1.14 (if this makes any difference)

Features:

-A map that is vaguely recognisable as the Earth
-Contains semi-accurate starting locations for all 24 civs (however Europe is crowded so England starts in Greenland (sorry) and many other civs are in the wrong place.
-I recomend playing with only 4 civs max. but you can try it with all 24 if you so desire.
-All resources are placed I hope, however due to the low level of tiles they are not accurate (see attached screenshot)
-This map (obviously) does not allow for serious gameplay and is just for fun. Scores obtained with the map can be deleted by editting the HighScores.civ3 file in notepad.

I have played the map and not experienced any errors but this does not mean there aren't any. Any feedback can be posted here or sent to ten9876543210@hotmail.com

More 20x20 maps could be in the pipeline if I can be bothered. If you're interested how I created this map, I printed off a world map and drew the a Civ 3 20x20 Diamond grid upon it and then transferred it to the editor. It took about an hour.

-SHard

Edit: I am having trouble placing a correct download link for my zip file. You can find the map at this address however: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/20x20WorldMap.zip

Heh, I think 10x10 would really be too small. It would be very difficult to make a 10x10 map in the shape of the Earth. Everything would merge together, in particular S.America and Africa would be joined. In theory a 10x10 map would work for a game, but as an Earth map it seems unlikely.

Also, do you think the map needs a couple more rivers? I realised afterwards that Asia and Europe were without rivers, which would leave them at a slight disadvantage.

this is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous maps I have ever seen.

Keep up the good work!!

Where's Guam? I can't play a game without Guam.

:D

Lol, yeah. I seriously can't see how you can leave New Zealand out of a world map whatever projection you work from, particularly a huge map.

Just keep in mind that only the first few Mediterranean players to take their turn can actually build cities.

What stroke of genius (or insanity) gave you the idea to create a 20x20 map!!!:lol:

BTW, Zululand should be on the other side of Africa (one square away)!:rotfl:

Lol, if you play with all 24 only the first few will get to found yeah :)

I am not really sure why I created the map. I guess I wanted the use the editor but knew I wouldn't have the skill or patience to actually build a useful map, so I just decided to go for an insanely small world map.

Zululand will be moved if there is ever a v1.1 :)

Hawaii has crashed into Central America, in the same sort of way as Greenland and Britain collided head on. :)

This is the only civilization map ever to strike me as ... cute.

Keep up the good work! :D

16x16 is the tiniest possible? Then someone really ought to make a 16x16 world map - it might turn out even cuter!

Edit: As should be obvious from my modernized sigline, I went along to make a 16x16 world map myself. Enjoy!

Thats so cool... I need to try out something smaller.. :)

EDIT: Its undoable..

Well, just finnished this one and thought I post some comments.
we all know them issues with names and stuff disappearing, no need to comment furthermore.

But I still had fun.
Started out with Egyptians, versus 5 others, on Regent.
Soon I noticed I had a pretty good starting location considering there were three others just north of me, and Japanese taking their spot in the east. So Ottomans got crushed in the beginning.
Had a fight with greek hoplites, but managed to get Med. Inf. så they werent a match. Crushed them, and continued north to take out Joan of Arc and the Romans a couple of turn later. Rebuild my hord of Med. Inf and marched through the japanese continent. Kytoto, Osaka, Tokyo and Edo (is it the forth city?)

Then to my surprise, I noticed why I couldnt finnish of the japanese for another 36 -40 turns. Lost New Zealand with one turn, they got there first and I didnt think of it as inpenetrable until Amfibious Warfare was learned. I skipped directly from Physics til A.W. in about 40 turns. And they got to grow a little meanwhile...

Well, the map was really funny. thinking about starting with several more opponents on Deity soon...

Edit: had some problems with the screenshot, but got it right for the next post...

Top Bottom