2014 NCAA Football Thread

For Alabama or Auburn to advance to the playoffs this year they would likely have to beat Georgia twice. Georgia would have to beat Alabama or Auburn twice and the other once. This is life in the SEC . . .

Texas A&M's schedule is very favorable. About as favorable as it can get. Seems like almost all our games are in Texas, (two neutral site games, Houston and DFW) and we travel to Nashville, Oxford and Baton Rouge. Not too terribly far roadtrips. On top of that we play all the Alabama schools in College Station, and no Georgia, until Dec 5th ;).

It will be interesting to see what Chavis can do, but I think A&M is going to be a step behind Alabama and Auburn. But I wouldn't be shocked if it's the rest of the division, not each other, that decides which of them advances to Atlanta . . .

Fun little off season exercise the NFL.com staff put together: 2015 Triplets U Tourney: Which alma mater reigns supreme?

I really like Cal and Tennessee, too bad they are on the same side of the bracket. The winner of that eventual matchup will win the whole thing over Georgia in the final.

Yet another angle which supports who are the top two conferences in college football.

Spoiler :

So I've been watching a lot of old games this week, and I think the reason I like defense so much is that I prefer suspense over excitement. I know you are all fascinated by this discovery . . .

Top Bottom