2014 NCAA Football Thread

and beards, beards, beards and more beards. Gillette has no chance at sponsorships in the NHL.

By the way, if a student athlete receives food stamps, wouldn't that be a violation of their amateur status with the NCAA?

Further evidence of the increased difficulty of scheduling. After Oklahoma scheduled a home-away-home series with Tulane, Miss State has agreed to visit UMass in their inaugural FBS season, 2016 . . .
UMass has been FBS for a while?

By the way, if a student athlete receives food stamps, wouldn't that be a violation of their amateur status with the NCAA?

No, it would not.

With massive hits and players playing thru injuries. :cool:
What are you talking about? Have you not seen those soccer folks roll around the pitch in agony after each brutal blow? And it often only takes them seconds to spring back to life after they're carried off on a stretcher. Truly impressive resilience . . .
UMass has been FBS for a while?
Right right. 2016 is their first season as an independent. My bad . . .
They still both wear maroon and white though :p

No Alabama team won a national title in any sport for the 2014-15 academic year. First time since like 2010 that has happened . . .

Ohio State, on the other hand, won five this year. That's pretty good, imo.

The Big Ten won ten!

I wonder how the 7th placed team in either of the Big Ten's divisions would fair against the 7th placed team from the SEC West...

:spear:

So ESPN did their Decade in review: SEC West recruiting trends between 2006-15 And boy did they piss me off:
TEXAS A&M

Texas is easily the most populous SEC state and is well known for producing star-caliber football talent, so it’s no surprise that Texas A&M signed the most in-state talent (its 78.8 percent of in-state signees is nearly 17 percent more than runner-up Georgia) of any SEC program. Nearly every Aggie of note in the last decade -- think Heisman winner Johnny Manziel and all seven of A&M’s first-round draft picks since 2011 (Manziel, offensive linemen Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Matthews and Luke Joeckel, receiver Mike Evans, quarterback Ryan Tannehill and outside linebacker Von Miller) -- hailed from the Longhorn State.

the LONGHORN State?!? Seriously, are they that naive or plain stupid. Perhaps just trolling Aggies.

Okay, so the guy on CBS sports radio just said "testicular fortitude". How is it I've made it this far in life without ever hearing that expression . . ?

How far is that :scan: ?

Are you in Alabama :mischief: ?

Nick is not a good role model :D .

This far in life = how old are you?

Never heard of it = Nick doesn't have.

I'm old :p

I got you now. It just blew past me the first time. Prolly bc I'm old . . .

EDIT: And now I know what a kettlebell is. I've learned THREE things this week, and it's only Tuesday ! ! !

Top Bottom