2016 Map of the Year Contest

Which is your choice for Map of the Year?

• Northeast: New England and the Maritimes by Just Luthor

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Warhammer 40000 Galaxy by Vanogr

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Chris Wayan's Pegasia by Midnight-Blue766

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthasar

Wise Man

For some reason, the Map of the Year Contest is always my favorite, partly because I'm just partial to maps. The End of the Year contests have always been my own chance to catch up with what's been going on in the forum (you just can't read everything), and this is the category where I always seem to find something that I had completely missed before.

It's also been a good place to spot new talent. For two of this year's nominees, these maps are their first entries into the downloads database. JustLuthor has only been a member since 2013, and Vanogr only joined the CivFanatics Forums last June. Midnight-Blue766 has been posting content in the Civ4 forum since 2009; this is his first Civ 3 download.

So, I present the nominees for Map of the Year 2016:

Northeast: New England and the Maritimes by Just Luthor
"Here is a map I made of New England, and the surrounding area. It includes the Maritimes, southern Quebec, eastern New York, and New Jersey. The rivers are "coast" where they are navigable. I made it for a mod I'm working on of colonial New England from the 1640's through the 1760's. Figured I'd share it with y'all."

(Click on thumbnail for larger preview*) THREAD
*Note: the download doesn't include a terrain file. The terrain you see in the preview is mine. - Balthasar

Warhammer 40000 Galaxy by Vanogr
"I present my version of a huge map of the galaxy for the Warhammer 40000 mod."

(Larger preview HERE) THREAD

Chris Wayan's Pegasia by Midnight-Blue766
"I decided to make a map last year based on Pegasia from Chris Wayan's Planetocopia. Pegasia is designed as an Earth-like moon of a gas giant orbiting a red dwarf. The map itself is standard sized, but has 12 players."

(Click on thumbnail for larger preview) THREAD

Though I've tried to present the best possible previews for these maps, the best way to evaluate them is to download the BIQs and see them for yourselves.
For more 2016 End of the Year contests go to the 2016 End of the Year Contests Thread.
Good luck to all, and happy voting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom