2020 NFL offseason thread

Like how Will Brinson put Brady's situation in an article at CBS:

The headliner of that dynasty, the NFL's Michael Jordan, seems to be on the doorstep of his Washington Wizards phase.

I expect the Chargers to make a serious run at him.
Colts have a much better offense line which is pretty important for a 43 year old QB. They also have tons of cap space so they can not only sign Brady but improve what is around him.

I will confess that I would like to see Brady go somewhere else. We can see what Belichick can do (supposing he doesn't retire) without Brady, and what Brady can do without Belichick. It would be fun.

I will confess that I would like to see Brady go somewhere else. We can see what Belichick can do (supposing he doesn't retire) without Brady, and what Brady can do without Belichick. It would be fun.
We've already seen what Belichick can do without Brady. Remember Brady essentially missed the 2008 season with a torn ACL. The Pats missed the playoffs that year despite going 11-5.
He's also said that he isn't giving a hometown discount and I'm not sure the Cheatriots can afford him without one.
He's already giving them a hometown discount. Brady could easily have been the highest paid player in the league.

We've already seen what Belichick can do without Brady. Remember Brady essentially missed the 2008 season with a torn ACL. The Pats missed the playoffs that year despite going 11-5.

While this is true, his backup was not starter quality on almost any team. Belichick doesn't need someone as good as Brady, per se, but at least someone decent. He had it with Garropolo and Brissett until they got traded. Not sure if there will be any good QBs available when it's their turn to draft (or if any good free agents will be available that they can also afford), but it would be interesting.

Was he a good one?

While this is true, his backup was not starter quality on almost any team. Belichick doesn't need someone as good as Brady, per se, but at least someone decent. He had it with Garropolo and Brissett until they got traded. Not sure if there will be any good QBs available when it's their turn to draft (or if any good free agents will be available that they can also afford), but it would be interesting.
Also remember that Brady was a real lightning-in-a-bottle situation since they picked him up in the 6th round. Expecting them to be able to duplicate that is asking too much.

Either that or he's being set up to take the blame for one more bad season before they can get someone respectable.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Giants hiring a little known special teams coordinator as their new head coach smacks of "what real HC candidate would be willing to come in under Dave Gettleman as GM?"

I'll put it this way : After working with/under Gettleman in Carolina, Ron Rivera thought he was better off working for Dan Snyder.

And the legend of Josh McCown grows:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

They don't say when he tore his hamstring, but man did he repeatedly give up his body in that game!

Here's a line from the link:
He was sacked six times in the game and appeared to be moving around gingerly in the fourth quarter. The 16-year veteran finished 18-of-24 for 174 yards and had 23 rushing yards on five carries.

Props to McCown, and hope he ends up where he wants to be next season!

D

I thought he was performing pretty well, even before I knew anything about the injury.

Interesting watch:

Whoa, the Browns made a reasonable hire? That's surprising. I wonder what convergence of events fate has in store to screw them over next year then. Perhaps the team bus will have a back-to-the-future-style accident and send them all 9 months into the future at the start of the season, forcing Manziel back into the lineup only to play well then get injured?

Yes, they really need to set the record for number of coaches being paid that aren't working for you. ;)

Top Bottom