28 civ Dogpile

silver 2039

Deity
Well I was playing a game as the Byzantines and was domniating. I told Carthage to get out and declare war. They declared war. Then they started signing alliances with people. Then eventually everyone had an alliance aginst me. This is on Cheftain so there all backward but I'm at war with everyone! Oh and I lack Rubber. My cities are only defended by one Rifleman or a cav. Most of the civ's are in the middle ages. I want to get revenge on them for declaring war on me so I'm not going to sign peace with them. But I'm not too expirenced In AW's so If anyone one could give me some advice I would appreciate that.
Also I attached a save.

And this is not a C3C Save, right? Vanilla, PTW?

I could not open it with C3C.

Good luck. Also if you can get Byzantian to agree to peace, then you can get the world mad with him.

If all goes not well, just load an autosave and form alliances with your neighbors before Carthrage does.;)

pillage his cities and hopefully his capital. When his capital is cut off, all his resource trades goes "bye bye".

I assume they are in the early "middle" ages? than sent in your rifleman and fortify one next to every city in their cities(if you can afford it). pillage all the roads and then just fortify the rifleman there. They will not attack the rifleman because it has too high of a defense(at least i think this is true). This way, they can not use their workers(and workers will just cost them gold) and their military can't do anything to you.

also use your cavalry to defend. fortify all calvary in the ring of cities behind your border cities. I assume all your cities are connected? In that case , you can sent your calavry to the city that first sees the enemies. When the enemies are close enough, use your calavry to attack them before they get close enough to attack you.

They did attack rifleman killed them too. They came at me in swarms. War Elaephant's, aracher's, Ancient Cavalry, Longbowmen, swordsmen, medievil infantary, horseman, speaarman, warriors, War Chariots, Enkudi Warriors, Beserks, Javalein Throwers, Impi's the list goes on. Luckily I've been able to hold my citie's. I stated drafting troops in my border cities. Some of my rifleman got killed by War Chariots. I found out I had a city with rubber but that is all the way in South Africa and it has come under heavy seige by the Zulu and will most likely fall. The Japanese are landing troops in the Philliphines. The Indian's in Sri Lanka. I need to get rubber!

i didnt know you were playing on a world map. I can't get your save file working right so I dont know all the details of your terroitories. I would expand toward europe. Europe has alot of modern aged resources and luxuries. Europe is also packed with small sized but powerful civs. Pick off the weak ones one by one. Fortify packs of 5 riflemen on hills/mountains with rivers near enemy capitals of civs you dont want to deal with yet. They see those riflemen as the biggest threat in the world right now and will send alot of troops to their deaths.

Dont bother with a cross sea campaign against carthage. yet. Get a good chunk of that juicy europe to fund you cross sea campaign first. Maybe even get a few alliances against the carthage by giving other civs luxuries. Get persia on your side if possible and get that mpp. persia is you meat shield on the eastern front. Get China/Russia on your side because either one will beable to take on 3-4 civs alone. Also india is a peaceful civ and will likely sign a peace treaty with you. The point is, once you sign that treaty, they get rep hits and it is unlikely carthage will sign another alliance with them again.

Originally posted by general_kill
pillage his cities and hopefully his capital. When his capital is cut off, all his resource trades goes "bye bye".

I assume they are in the early "middle" ages? than sent in your rifleman and fortify one next to every city in their cities(if you can afford it). pillage all the roads and then just fortify the rifleman there. They will not attack the rifleman because it has too high of a defense(at least i think this is true). This way, they can not use their workers(and workers will just cost them gold) and their military can't do anything to you.

also use your cavalry to defend. fortify all calvary in the ring of cities behind your border cities. I assume all your cities are connected? In that case , you can sent your calavry to the city that first sees the enemies. When the enemies are close enough, use your calavry to attack them before they get close enough to attack you.

Wait a minute...isolating the capitol means not resources FOR THE CAPITOL, but all other cities get it, right?

It was a very silly thing to do!Make peace fast.You might be holding them for now but sooner or later your lines will break,and when it does all hell shall break loose.

Originally posted by soren

Wait a minute...isolating the capitol means not resources FOR THE CAPITOL, but all other cities get it, right?

Other cities will still get resources they are connected to, but what he meant was to cut off trades.
Cutting off the capitol cuts of the ability to trade resources to other civs. Cut 'em off, and all his trading partners will get mad, especially if resource/luxury trades are how he got them to ally with him for this dogpile war.

Originally posted by akhenaten

Other cities will still get resources they are connected to, but what he meant was to cut off trades.
Cutting off the capitol cuts of the ability to trade resources to other civs. Cut 'em off, and all his trading partners will get mad, especially if resource/luxury trades are how he got them to ally with him for this dogpile war.

yes, i am sorry, you're right

If you're the Byzantines (which world map is this? TETurkhan's? they have a weak start there), you'll need to be quite agressive early on, especially taking out the Middle East and Europe.

A bunch of 2-3 city civs = squabbling city states ripe for the picking! ;)

Also, read up on the "Rifle/Artillery variant" succession game (Sirian's I think -- from a year or so ago). Basically, build tons of cavalry, artillery, and ample defenders, and conquer at will. You have the strong upperhand, and need to exploit that tactic. Put your artillery close to where the AI is coming from. Try to sign a peace treaty with an AI who has several alliances against you. That will give them a rep hit. Have them go to war against another civ (preferably, one that's far away. i.e., England vs. Japan). If you do that enough, the AI will spiral into a free-for-all, and use up their units against each other.

Top Bottom