1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3.0 discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - The Second Revolution' started by GarretSidzaka, Jul 16, 2007.

1. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah, i don't really support the strange notions about area 51, and i don't think it will be relevant to the skope.

as far as the spaceship, i could rename it as spaceship. but i would definately need to add more techs to the tech tree, and i already got like 40 or so

i would like to add your unit. get me a copy here :)

2. Bahmo

Bahmo King

yeah, i don't really support the strange notions about area 51, and i don't think it will be relevant to the skope.

Then just call it Nellis AFB instead. Still, it should be included for looks, if nothing else, as the model existing simply looks like a genreic airforce base, rather than an X-Files set. Much like the Toronto CN Tower, it doesn't add anything to the revolutionary theme, but it gives the city more believability. If possible, add stuff like the Space Needle and St. Louis Arch as well. And while we're on the subject, what effects will the Vegas Strip wonder have?

i would like to add your unit. get me a copy here

If you're talking about the Black Panther, I sent you the finished version. As to the CIA Underminer, I'm not quite good enough with Nifskope yet to give an existing unit another's animations. I know that you are, though, so I already gave you the basic guidelines for making him.

As for ideas for third infantry for other Civs, I'll need to think about that.

3. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

hey will you do me a big favor and get into the credits?

will you gather all of the community wonder graphics that will be good for flavor???

pretty soon i just happening to be doing buildings, so it would be perfect timing :)

4. Bahmo

Bahmo King

hey will you do me a big favor and get into the credits?

I'm very sorry, but that wording is a bit confusing. Could you ask me the question in another way?

will you gather all of the community wonder graphics that will be good for flavor???

Actually, I didn't go looking for structure graphics with this mod in mind. It just happened that two Nevada wonders had been made at the time. But yeah, I can run a search for you.

Rabbit, White apparently downloaded some low-poly models from Turbosquid, and turned them into Nifs for structure graphics. I would, too, except I don't know how to convert a model's existing texture into a DDS file.

Edit (If nobody replies, I'll update this every time I find you something):

OK, here's the Gateway Arch in St. Louis:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=191483

A cool pic from an aspiring rebelrouser on DA. Ask him if you can use this for art, but he'll probably approve.

http://srvndank.deviantart.com/art/Me-And-My-New-Toy-Cropped-26729061

5. Fabrysse

Fabrysse Charming-snake learner

Hi !!
    Happy to see that you're working on a v3 ! :goodjob:

If you need some python, I could try to help (I'm a little busy with my "Spain 1936" v2 for BtS, but I can try)...

Here are some questions that could have the same answer in your Mod and in mine :
    • Corporations : what will you do with that ? Will you change something (just like you did with religions/ideologies) or not ?
    • Apostolical Palace : Do you think we could do something ideologic that could have votes, like UN, but not on the same bases ?...
    • LeaderHeads : I PM you about that.

6. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Its so good to hear from you again!!! I wondered if you had built your spaceship to alpha centauri and weren't coming to CFC anymore :)

As far as python, i might need some help. I know i will need help with ideas and text entries.

Corporations: was thinking about renaming them and giving them logos of my favorite corporations.

Apostolical palace: an interesting wonder. how could we use it....?

Leaderheads: i have finished the first draft of the xml for them. but i havent released what they will look like yet (it will be a suprise yes?)

7. Bahmo

Bahmo King

How about making me as a rebel leader? In the absense of any other ideas, it only makes sense that some of the project participants should get in.

So, I'll take Napoleon as the base of my XML, have the traits Philosophical and Agressive, have the flavors military and science, and my favorite Civic is "Planned." :king:

BTW, the Veterans sound incredibly strong. Based on the fact that they're also the most expensive infantry, I don't think they'll be that unbalanced when it's a race to crank out units, but I do ask that you keep in mind how many 1st Infantry each country has placed to start out, so that one doesn't start much more powerful than the others.

As to the Technical, do you think you know enough to make that unit? I've requested it and seen it requested, but it has never been done. I think that the most logical way would be to take some already-made wheeled vehicle, make a truck model to use its animations, and then add an Infantry into the bed and have him use the machinegun animations, but I'm not sure.

Here's my ideas for the first two Third Infantry stats. I think these should be the "specialized" soldiers.

Northern Rebel: Black Panther
    :strength: 20
    :move: 2
    Free Promotions: March, Commando
    Special: 50% City Strength

USA: CIA Underminer
    :strength: 20
    :move: 2
    Free Promotions: Pinch, Commando
    Special: Invisible to Most Units when not firing.

Other countries, I haven't thought of yet.

8. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

:lol:

well actually i have been pretty hush hush about the leaders. but i have choosen what i think represent two very different forms of anarchism.

Anarcho-Syndicalists
    Leader: A bunch of bandana wearing anarchist protesters

Anarcho-Capitalists
    Leader: A bunch of old Militia men wearing camo.

I picked the leaders for Canada too
    Leaders: Stephen Harper or Stephane Dion

Southern Rebels: Hugo Chavez or Subcommander Marcos!

here's some pics

9. Fabrysse

Fabrysse Charming-snake learner

I did ! But when I read on Alpha Centauri Newsweek that BtS is out in France, I took make spaceship back to Earth !

Yesterday evening, I was thinking about illegal/bad corporations : drugs, weapons, and so on. Some of them could create some bad ressources (drugs) in your enemy cities. Others (weapons) could increase the production speed of armies.
    At the time I don't have been looking at the XML file that manages the corporations. So, I don't exactly know what is possible...

Why not duplicate it ? You could have a sort of "International Conference" for the right wing that could decide to vote resolutions. And an "International Forum" for the left wing that have its resolutions too. And UNO comes too with other resolutions...

OK. Silence about that. And let's wait...
    Here an idea (make what you want with it...) :

10. Bahmo

Bahmo King

We really need Mitt Romney as one of the USA leaders. Even if he has very little chance at winning a legitimate democratic election, it still seems important from a symbolic angle that I get to fight him, even if I can't do it playing as myself.

BTW, are any of the existing leaders' traits changed?

11. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yes most of the leaders have new traits. one trait is specific to the leader and the second trait both leaders of the civ have together.

12. Bahmo

Bahmo King

What about Romney?

13. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

I like that Mitt is running, but i think that Hilary and George represent the two greatest evils that america has going for it now!!

14. Bahmo

Bahmo King

Trigger-happy conservatives and wuss-liberals? Yeah, I'd say that's about the two greatest evils. But if we're going for evil, here, and you want a third leader, then make Amercan Idol the third leader for the USA!

Now, on a serious note, what about that Pickup Truck? Do you know how to make one?

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

im still on the fritz with getting that model made. i asked asioasioasio but he is super busy with his BtS mod. For now im using a black humvee to represent the pickup truck.

16. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Hello, Garret !
    I'm sorry I have not replied earlier to your PM but RL was bugging me much lately and I was concerned to improve my skill in various domain. I will whip your request today.

17. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

oh yeah!! :D im excited now!!!!!! :band:

i can't wait to see your art !!

18. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Tell me what you think :

19. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

that is freaking AWESOME!!! thats THE PERFECT loading screen. and then you eventaully see Che through it all ;)

20. Bahmo

Bahmo King

So when is this mod coming out?