1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3.0 discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - The Second Revolution' started by GarretSidzaka, Jul 16, 2007.

1. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

bad news:
    thanks to microsoft, i lost my map file, and didnt yet have a finished backup. so this has set back the project a couple weeks :(( (i was very very sad)

i hope all monitoring this mod will bear with me.

2. Bahmo

Bahmo King

Revenge for the button depicting Bill Gates as a pirate, no doubt. :rolleyes:

3. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah i bet. he probly told my windows to eat my work GRRRRR munch munch!

4. dj4201983

dj4201983 Chieftain

high, i saw you had available leader heads and i was wondering if they had to be factual or living, like would it be possible to have che guevara as a leader for cuba or possibly bolivia (saying his campain there worked) and what about chaves for venesuala, or even the west coast anarchist for america.

also as a side note i was reading an articel out of cuba where castro was talking about buying high output generators from china that consume minimal gas or whatever, but how about making that a specific building instead of windmill (if thats still available) alltho i shouldent be giving ideas as i havent been able to get it to work yet...

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

chavez will be available in the upcoming version (still a work in progress)

i have been thinking on your problem. did you say you were trying to load the exe with warlords directly, through windows? you need to install the mod first using the exe, then with warlords open, load a mod, and select Second Revolution 2.0. There will also probably be compatibility issues with new patches :(

6. Bahmo

Bahmo King

Cool. So how far from here til the mod is released?

7. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

well, my problem is right now, the map. every time i sit down to finish the work i lost, i get super mad and have to take a break. besides that, there are the icons to be done. maybe you can help out with that once i release the beta.

the beta will be announced and released as soon as i'm done with the map.

i've been really busy with another secret project, so its been eating some of my time up :(

8. Bahmo

Bahmo King

9. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

WOW that unit sure does look awesome!

10. Bahmo

Bahmo King

Very awesome. Any updates?

11. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

well, i have started on the map again. it will be sometime for the map to be finished, but this time i won't let a data crash happen. ive been pretty busy with real life and another civ project thats secret for now, but i think about the mod every day.

hey just to let you know, when i get the map finished, there will be some work for you to do, if you want to. :)

12. Bahmo

Bahmo King

It really depends uoin the nature of the work. I don't know much about Civ4 modding other than XML coding, so how much I could do is doubtful. Also, my computer is busting up, so I need it fixed (this is my parents' computer). However, if you like, I can suggest ideas, suggest music, or search for 2-D images that might work.

13. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

mainly i might need 2-d work (there will be alot of button icons) and even more so i will need civilopaedia entries, which allow alot of creativity :)

14. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

BTW: Happy Revolutionary Thanksgiving :D

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

by the way, i contacted a friend of mine who moderates here to move some of these posts over to a partner thread directly in the Second Revolution Subforum, labeled "Political Debate Thread"

don't worry, he won't delete anything or warns, but we can continue this interesting discussion in the appropriate thread. i would like us to focus on the mod here, and debate in the place made specifically for debating. :)

16. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Moderator Action: Like Garret said, let's leave this thread to 3.0 discussion and put the political discussion stuff where that thread is.

17. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Thanks Woodelf, i can always count on you :)

BTW:

3,000th POST!!!

18. Dead Flag

Dead Flag Warlord

This may have been mentioned before, but I think it would make so much sense if you added the features of the 'Revolution' mod into this one. What I mean is, you could have splinter groups and coalitions that dissolve. For example, Quebec and the survivalists are likely to break away from the main group of revolutionaries, although not necessarily violently.

19. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah, i was always interested in the revolution mod (who wrote it again, i cannot remember). but for now, i am added 0% SDK or python modding to 3.0 as my code guy is having indefinite family problems. :(

I think the revolution mod is better suited to an Epic type game, whilst my mod is more along the lines of a long ass Scenario.

20. Bahmo

Bahmo King

To switch gears for a moment, I still am worried that the Veterans will be overly-powerful, not just because of the promotions they start with, but also because of the promotions those enable right off the bat (pinch and ambush, for example).

The high cost of the unit may very-well balance the game, but you need to watch out about how many units America and the rebels have at the start of the scenario. If America has a bunch of ready-made veterans off of the start, then they'll be a steamroller.