3.17 AI won't adopt civics

Yamps

Deity
Original post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7149964&postcount=54

I want Mao to adopt Organized Religion, but I'm getting "We just don't like you enough" while Friendly at +12!

There are no Vassals in this game, no PA and Mao isn't running his favorite civic. Anyway, favorite civic would give the "that would go against everything we stand for" deny.

I played this with the new HOF Mod 3.17.001. However, I don't think the mod is causing this. I've done some testings without it and with different civs. I've attached the original game and a new test save. HoF Mod 3.17.001 is needed for the game and 3.17 + Solver's Mod for the test save.

Apparently, Friendly isn't good enough for AIs to adopt civics! Still getting the "We just don't like you enough" , even when Friendly at +100!

Am I missing something? This doesn't happen in Vanilla, AIs don't give "We just don't like you enough" when Friendly. I've done the same world builder testing, they are willing to adopt civics in the same situation in Vanilla.

I'd greatly appreciate some insight to this, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Test1 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29 KB · Views: 57
  • Josef AD-1170.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.8 KB · Views: 66
Yes, it's a bug. You can read about it here.
I had also started a poll some time ago about the favorite civic denials which you can find here.
Edit: oh I just saw you already voted in there so you already know about this.

Yes, it's a bug. You can read about it here.
I had also started a poll some time ago about the favorite civic denials which you can find here.
Edit: oh I just saw you already voted in there so you already know about this.

Thank you very much for your response! :)

Yes, I found your poll a few hours ago. I already knew about the favorite civic deny "feature" . However, "We just don't like you enough" on Friendly is a terrible bug, it worked fine on Vanilla!

Btw, while we are at it, PA partners can't be asked to change civics or religions! That's horrible too, IMHO. I assume this didn't change in BtS, that's the situation in Vanilla.

Thank you very much for your response! :)
Yes, I found your poll a few hours ago. I already knew about the favorite civic deny "feature" . However, "We just don't like you enough" on Friendly is a terrible bug, it worked fine on Vanilla!

Are you sure it worked fine in Vanilla? The source code seems to be the same as now, so I though the game had always behaved this way.

Are you sure it worked fine in Vanilla? The source code seems to be the same as now, so I though the game had always behaved this way.

Don't know about the code but I did some tests with World Builder to compare it with BtS, there was no "We don't like you enough" on Friendly in Vanilla. However, the issue with favorite civic disabling all other civic changes is present in Vanilla as well.

I think that Dresden fixed the "we don't like you enough" issue with his unofficial update to the Solver's unofficial patch.

0.19.1: Unofficial Update to the Unofficial Patch

Didn't try it myself, I'm stuck with the old version for BOTM and SGOTM games.

Top Bottom