3 Renaissance Cannons

it´s seems to me that it could be the 'missing' glow slot on the pikeman could cause the trouble

(it looks like the bronze glow / environment texture form the culverin barrel is used for the pikeman in Civ - even if the pikeman itself has no glow texture applied). Going after Refars tutorial for civ units it seems to be a must to have a glow texture applied if the model uses TCiv4SkinningGloss shader

Thanks Coyote, I added in the "missing" glow effect on the pikeman and uploaded version 2.3:) Now the pike man's armor shines of grey metal not bronze ;)

Never thought really about it, but this "combination" does look really unrealistic imho.

But the unit itself is quite nice :).

Which unit are you talking about, the Hand Cannon guy above? Well, actually it is prolly "unrealistic" somewhat. The more realistic look what be like in the pics below. I tried to make the Hand Cannons smaller but haven't got it to work with animations yet. But still, the Hand Cannoneers are pictured fully armored. The Hand Cannon model was taken from the Ancient Chinese Cannon model of Warlords in case you didn't know.

Attachments

• 1aUploadImage2.jpg
    1aUploadImage2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,290
  • 1aUploadImage3.jpg
    1aUploadImage3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,541
Really great artwork. I'm having trouble accessing it though (my fault and mine alone).

Once you've downloaded it, what exactly do you do next? I don't know what program to use to open the files, and I'm not sure what each one does.

The files are .rar files. Nearly the same like .zip...just a bit different.
You can unpack them with e.g. 7zip (free).

But then you have to see: In the download there is "just" art. So no instructions for the game how to use it. You'd have to add them yourself, define the stats, how strong they are, how much movement, and so on.
If you want to do that, then we have a tutorial here.

Top Bottom