30-60 seconds between turns

Scott RP

Chieftain
Hi - great mod. I'm loving it!

About two days into my first campaign, I noticed the load time between turns has increased to 30-60 seconds. I'm playing on a Large map Marathon speed setting. Any suggestions on how to address this? My system specs are solid, and I've never had any problems on BtS.

What are your system specs? If it's less than 2 gigs of RAM, i wouldn't expect BtS to be all that fast.

What are your system specs? If it's less than 2 gigs of RAM, i wouldn't expect BtS to be all that fast.

I have 2 gigs of RAM. BtS is extremely fast on my machine and has been since the day it came out.

As I mentioned above, this only started happening after I was two+ days worth of rounds into my current FFH game. I played the Age of Ice mod on BtS and did not have this slowdown problem.

Then I don't have an answer for you and you need to consult someone who understands the bugs in the program.

Post a save of a 60+ second between turns save game on the latest patch (soon to be "j") and I will see if I can figure out the cause.

Post a save of a 60+ second between turns save game on the latest patch (soon to be "j") and I will see if I can figure out the cause.

OK here it is. I started a new game yesterday on a Standard size map with only six Civs. I notice it too started slowing down around turn 400. Its only about 5-10 seconds or so, but clearly increasing.

Attachments

• Gil-Khazad AD-0515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    446.5 KB · Views: 67
OK here it is. I started a new game yesterday on a Standard size map with only six Civs. I notice it too started slowing down around turn 400. Its only about 5-10 seconds or so, but clearly increasing.

Cool I need 60+ seconds because what Im goign to do with the save is start cutting functions and measuring its effect on times. With 5-10 second wait times even if I make a change that reduces times by 20% its to small a difference to reliably measure.

Cool I need 60+ seconds because what Im goign to do with the save is start cutting functions and measuring its effect on times. With 5-10 second wait times even if I make a change that reduces times by 20% its to small a difference to reliably measure.

I hope my post wasn't confusing. The file I posted is from Game 1, which was taking 60+ seconds to load between turns.

Then I was just saying that I started Game 2, and noticed a slowdown starting around turn 400 (currently around turn 500 and the time between turns is around 15 seconds).

Anyway, thanks for the mod and I hope my file is helpful.

Very odd, I can't laod this save. Are you sure it is a version "j" save?

Kael, Here is a save game that you can look at, if you are still interested.
Yes it is a Huge map, but still, on normal speed it is taking 4-5 minutes between turns and it is only the year 260.
my computer is a 2.8 pentium IV, 2 gigs of ram, ATI Radeon x1050 w/ 256mb ram video card, soundblaster audigy2 sound card, Windows XP.

Attachments

• Mahala AD-0260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
I'm currently having similar problems; I was at ~5 seconds between turns and once I started a war that thime rose to ~30 seconds, and stayed there after the war ended.

I too am having very similiar problems. I hope someone gets the time to look at Nimbus's save to figure out why this is happening.

Top Bottom