4.0 and the Future

I can add those tags as needed, but probably won't if there are no adverse issues. The time between turns on the biggest map 20 turns in was about the same as a standard map on 3.25, if not a bit quicker!

I'm guessing that the epic game won't have much of a difference until mid/late game. I can't wait to see how fast the updated DS9 scenario is!

The new tags are optional, though if you did something in python for the movement sounds you'll have to use the tag for that. They can also be spawned by barbarians unless disabled by setting iBarbarianChanceModifier to 0.

I'm guessing that the epic game won't have much of a difference until mid/late game. I can't wait to see how fast the updated DS9 scenario is!

Yes- even on my Windows 7 computer, the DS9 scenario becomes unplayable past turn 100.

The new tags are optional, though if you did something in python for the movement sounds you'll have to use the tag for that. They can also be spawned by barbarians unless disabled by setting iBarbarianChanceModifier to 0.

Actually, if you don't have any of the barbarian era tags (min and max), the barbarian units won't spawn. But iBarbarianChanceModifier does it too.

Could have sworn I saw some barb probes in the testing I did...

Shouldn't be possible if they don't have MinEra or MaxEra tags defined:

Code:
if (bValid)
{
	EraTypes eCurrentEra = getCurrentEra();
	EraTypes eMinEra = (EraTypes)kUnit.getMinBarbarianSpawnEra();
	EraTypes eMaxEra = (EraTypes)kUnit.getMaxBarbarianSpawnEra();
	if (eMinEra == NO_ERA || eMinEra > eCurrentEra || eMaxEra == NO_ERA || eMaxEra < eCurrentEra)
	{
		bValid = false;
	}
}

It works, because Barbarians don't spawn Colony Ships or Construction Ships or Advocates in Final Frontier Plus.

Maybe some unit shares the probe graphics?

Just about every recon unit shares the graphics, but I could have sworn I saw a probe with the -1000% space defense modifier.

Just discovered a bug that could prevent animals from being spawned in Star Trek properly. Comment out the for loop at the end of that function to fix it (I hope I found everything preventing barbs from spawning animals after the animal period).

Yes, it was included in 3.0, so yes.

Thats funny as the world builder doesn't work worth a damn in (at least) St Galaxy 3.25. Can't even place solar system, just places the exact same orbit paths over and over with no planets or stars.

It does work in the 4 beta here tho.

Oh, thx for the info. I never really noticed "Star Trek" and had consider Galaxy to be the default mod lol.

If i create a scenerio inspired by a tng/ds9 mod scenerio i used to play way back when for Civ2 would it be ok to post in this forum? With credit to you of course.

After playing 4.0 beta I am really excited... If I add the needed tags do I just need to look in the schema file to tell where I should put it in the infos file?

Can't wait for the official full release!

I eagerly anticipate the full version of this mod. I'm glad you made the Beta version available to tide me over until the Real Thing is available.

Thank you!

I was thinking of scrapping the Borg: Assimilation scenario in favor of making the Borg play differently all the time. The changes would be easier to make in the SDK anyways. Basically the Borg would be unable to research normally and would get a tech at random each time they take over a city. This does have the downside that the AI would be clueless about it, but this could be nullified by allowing the AI to research normally. They would also start with a few extra techs so the AI doesn't outpace them early on and make it impossible to compete (including the Subspace Corridors tech and probably Warp 5, Warp 7, Shields, and Phase Pistols).

I've released a second beta; it fixes the animal spawn bug, an issue with UWs that used python, and made the changes to the Borg described in the previous post. It also removes the new civ goody option, at least until it can be made to work properly.

The new 4.0 todo list has the list of proposed events as well.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=87511

This time the file is a lot smaller, because I removed stuff that it's getting from the main Star Trek mod folder anyways.

Still haven't had much time to play, but am excited. Does this take care of the research bug, too?

It was where with one city I would get +800 or so gold per turn. I'll check out the new beta and see of it's still there.

Apparently, according to God-Emperor, commerce is still screwed up (see his post in the FF+ forum). I haven't had time to look into it, though.

Top Bottom