4.0 and the Future

What is line 428?

If you're not using Final Frontier Worldbuilder, you'll need to change the code in onGameStart (CvFinalFrontierEvents.py) back to what it is in vanilla Final Frontier.

And how can adding a feature break a map?

Here's 428:
self.handicap = gc.getHandicapInfo(gc.getDefineINT("STANDARD_HANDICAP")).getType()

And here's the line before it:
playerDesc = CvPlayerDesc()

I don't know how adding a feature can break it, but it did. I believe in that case there is some technique to adding features that I did not follow (namely, adding them at the END of the file) so it might not be representative. Actually, the Final Frontier Plus changes can't be the issue here, as this is before the civ selection screen. I do have a zillion XML errors, but I don't think they should be preventing the loading of the scenario.

EDIT: It was probably the XML errors, though not directly. It turns out you can't just remove goodies entirely from the game and it cause two XML files to fail to load. Had I actually been reading the errors rather than skipping past them by holding the enter key down, I might have noticed this.

EDIT2: I fixed those and the onGameStart stuff, but solar systems begin with no planets. I get no python exceptions relating to the cause of this.

Well, I had to add a point to update the display to fix that, but it doesn't fix the error I get (which I assumed was due to the lack of planets):
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 19, in onEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 187, in handleEvent

File "CvFinalFrontierEvents", line 234, in onGameStart

File "CvAI", line 128, in doCityAIUpdate

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPopulationLimit'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

I also noticed a bug in the dynamic diplo interface. Apparently the methods in the love and hate mod don't work outside the context of the onFirstContact event. I'll have to use nested for loops to fix this.

By the way, a lot of DS9's slowness was due to map size etc and won't be fixed in 4.0. It's faster, but not as fast as I'd like.

I've released the beta of DS9 despite the python exception. I can't figure it out. I made the following changes beyond the update:
-Deep Space Nine: Fixed bug in diplo system
-Deep Space Nine: Adjusted tile visibility
-Deep Space Nine: Adjusted Dominion exploratory force and fixed python exception
-Deep Space Nine: No culture due to problem with Dominion unit spawn

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=87684

EDIT: The late game events are completely broken and have been since forever. The reason for this is that I only just realized today the Final Frontier uses the player ScriptData to store AI info, leaving me nowhere to store my data! I also just realized that I forgot to do the unit sounds.

Playing the Borg you can still research the normal way using the Technology advisor menu. If you are a "honest" player you can just ignore that, but I don't think it is supposed to work that way.

I downloaded 4.00 and put it in the mods folder, but when I open a scenario, it re-loads the 3.25 scenario. Am I supposed to do something else, like add the FFP mod? I used the beta 2

This a 4.0 BETA, so it's still not finished. The scenarios haven't been updated yet. You can download a mostly-working 4.0 version of DS9 a few posts above this one. Soon I'll release another beta that includes the updated DS9 (with save game bug fixed) and Xindi scenarios. Both are a LOT faster than they were previously (Xindi now moves at the speed of light compared to what it use to do, mostly due to the new code to detect Enterprise) as soon as I can figure out a python exception I've been getting on EVERY scenario I update (so far just DS9 and Xindi; not sure which one I'll start next but I do know that I don't have any plan for an pre-release betas of them as there is less need except for Galaxy, which will be last).

And no, nobody's figured out the commerce bug yet. Did fix the Borg, though (why oh why did Firaxis not check to see if you can research a tech when making tech changes in the advisor?).

Thanks to God-Emperor, the commerece bug should now be fixed! I've attached a new DLL; simply put it in the Assets directory of the Star Trek, ST Deep Space Nine, and ST Xindi Attack mod folders.

I forgot to mention this, but yes, beta n is a clean install that replaces the older versions.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
I thought people might be interested to know that the 1.x code base is unofficially DEAD, at least on my machine. [party]

Sorry if I'm a noob, but what does that mean exactly? No more work on 4.0? After my disappointment with Civ5, I was looking forward to a new version of one of my favorite Civ4 mods. ;)

It means that I've finished converting the 1.x scenarios to 4.0 (Deep Space Nine, Xindi Attack, 22nd Century, Earth-Romulan war, Errand of Mercy, The Undiscovered Country, Klingon Civil War, Yesterday's Enterprise, Kazon Civil War, and Hirogen Hunters). For that matter, by this point Cardassian War, Tomed Incident, and Millennium are converted as well. Current plans:
-Add random events/quests
-Convert The Galaxy
-Sometime after Halloween, officially begin development of Remnants of Altrea
-Make the Maquis Rebellion and mirror universe scenarios
-Release

More or less, at least. I have a couple of stray items in the plan and a couple planned changes for The Galaxy. I'm currently on track for release by the end of 2010 (now that I've posted that, I'm sure something will go horribly wrong with this plan).

I absolutely love this mod, but the wait between turns on the Galaxy scenario was frustrating as all get out. I cannot wait to play 4.0. Keep up the great work!!!!

I figured now would be a good time to post the final 4.0 changelog, since it's almost done:
-AI will cloak to pillage, use ranged units, and heal
-Merged in Final Frontier Plus mod platform version
-No more hardcoding in the SDK
-Merged in Inhabited Planets from Final Frontier Plus
-Removed bAlwaysKeep (no longer needed - use iConquestProb instead)
-Removed bOnlyOne (replaced by bOnePerSystem)
-Starting gold is now applied in Civ4EraInfos.xml, not python
-The AI will build sensor posts
-The Vaadwaur start in the current era (no longer hardcoded to Enterprise)
-Added bUpgradeDiscount tag to Civ4BuildingInfos (for Alliance unique wonder)
-The code for animals always razing cities has been moved to the SDK
-Alien Vessel: 2 strength
-No more extra BuildingClass entries
-Fixed issue with unique wonders that used python
-The Borg no longer research normally but acquire techs on city conquest
-Merged in remainder of Wormholes python code
-Optomized code in CvFinalFrontierEvents::onPlotRevealed
-Enabled modular XML loading
-Merged in Wormholes XML and map scripts
-Updated all older scenarios
-Deep Space Nine: Fixed bug in diplo system
-Deep Space Nine: Adjusted tile visability
-Deep Space Nine: Adjusted Dominion exploratory force and fixed python exception
-Deep Space Nine: No culture due to problem with Dominion unit spawn
-Deep Space Nine: Fixed conditional event bugs
-Xindi Attack: Events are now stored across save games
-Xindi Attack: Optimized "Find Enterprise" code
-Disabled global warming
-Some AI updates
-Changed war diplo music
-Nemesis 30 second music clips no longer used in era music
-ST Enterprise: Starbases require Starbase instead of Shields
-ST Enterprise: Earth starts with Daedalus units, not barbarian ones
-ST Enterprise: Daedalus: 2 strength, 1 move, 75 cost, no tech prereq, +50% vs. Romulan Bird of Prey
-ST Enterprise: NX Class: 120 cost, +20% vs. Romulan Bird of Prey
-ST Enterprise: Romulan Bird of Prey: 10 strength, starts with Assimilator
-ST Enterprise: Added Daedalus Refit: Requires Improved Dilithium Shielding, 4 strength, 75 cost, 2 moves, +50% vs. Romulan Bird of Prey
-ST Enterprise: Added new maps in epic game option
-ST Enterprise: Fixed issue with Duras image
-Removed 22nd Century epic game option (no longer needed and difficult to support)
-Borg ships immune to collateral damage from heavy ships (to prevent Scimitar exploit)
-Added random events
-The Galaxy: removed probes
-The Galaxy: founded values at start
-The Galaxy: added inhabited planets
-The Galaxy: increased team member modifier to research rate
-The Galaxy: removed alpha quadrant only option (no longer needed)
-Added new scenarios: The Maquis Rebellion and three from the Mirror Universe

I can't say this enough and will say it again: this mod was the only reason I bought the Civ IV expansion packs, and honestly the only reason I've played Civ IV at all since I put it down more after owning it for just 6 months. The only damper I've had with this game was due to low system specs combined with the speed of version 3 making it less enjoyable. With a new i7 build and 4.xx this 'game' (I don't even say I'm playing Civ IV, but just say Star Trek) is my favorite non-RPG.

The changes look great, especially with regards to the Borg and the AI tweaks.

I have several question:
1) I have done extensive modding to the ships in my version of 4.25 BETA (unitinfos, text in civlopedia, governments, etc), will I be able to easily copy and replace the files regarding the units, or will I have to modify files extensively? Either way, I will make it work, just wanted to see what I need to do.

2) Is there any speed increase going from the BETA to full release? I'm very happy with the speed of the BETA compared to 3.xx, but any extra would be nice =).

Great job with the mod, and I look forward to trying out your new mod, when you get it started. Will it be Civ IV or V...?

1. Aside from the changes to the Borg ships, there haven't been any changes relating to the ships since the last beta (actually there haven't really been that many changes at all outside of the scenario updating and adding random events). If you've used the civic discount, you may or may not have noticed that the tag for that doesn't actually work. God-Emperor posted about it in the Final Frontier Plus forum and it will be fixed by release (it's on my todo list for today, along with officially starting development on Remnants of Altrea, which will be based off of FFH).

2. Probably not, given that the last beta was a mostly complete version of the epic game. The scenarios should see major increases, especially Deep Space Nine and The Galaxy.

Bravo Deanej, bravo. I cannot wait to play this. I am really excited to play the mirror universe scenario's.

Top Bottom