1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

4.0 and the Future

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Jul 2, 2010.

1. deanej

deanej Deity

That would explain the research bug that I've never seen. I think I might extend the beta bug finding period (it's currently planned to end in two weeks) before I start the scenarios (I plan to have a public "beta" release of DS9, since it really needs the upgrade). After that, random events, The Galaxy, then release.

Hopefully by then FFH2 .41o will be released and I'll be able to begin coding work on Remnants of Altrea (assuming I have enough conceptual work done; maybe I should start a separate thread here).

2. jfby

jfby Warlord

Ok, I found that my modification of the civlizationinfos.XML file was causing the problem I was having. The last issue i am having is that my turns for research on the main screen does not match the F6 screen. I'll try and trouble shoot the issue using stock 4.0 and post if I figure it out.

3. deanej

deanej Deity

That's actually not specific to Star Trek. As far as I know, BtS and every single mod of it has that bug.

4. jfby

jfby Warlord

Inexplicably the issue resolved itself...

Start a thread about your new project, I'd be more than happy to be a tester on that, too.

5. Owain

Owain G Flashing Inaccessable

I'm having trouble installing the beta. Int he readme it says the following: "To install the mod, extract this archive to a temporary location and double-click on the Star Trek.exe file." There is no Star Trek.exe file in the archive I downloaded.... Did I miss something?

6. deanej

deanej Deity

That readme is for the 4.0 release version, which will have an installer. For the beta you need to copy the Star Trek 400 folder into your mods folder. You also need to have Star Trek 3.0 or later installed.

7. Owain

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I'll try it out! :)

8. Owain

ok, well first thing I notice is a couple systems seem not to have any planets. Screenshot attached... I added a couple scouting units at the start.

I chose spiral galaxy many civs, huge.

Attached Files:

9. Owain

so... when I load a game all the uninhabited stars/planets seem to disappear.

10. deanej

deanej Deity

They'll reappear if you found a city on it and enter the city screen. No idea what causes this; does Final Frontier Plus have the same problem?

11. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Nope.

12. deanej

deanej Deity

Well, I don't know what it could be, then. The code for onLoadGame is identical, and I know of no other code that could affect loading saves.

13. TC01

TC01 Deity

There's a similar problem in the EnclosedSpace mapscript I made for MOO2Civ a while back- when you load a saved game on that map, and only that map, you get a Python exception and stars/planets fail to show up.

The only thing I could think of is that the barbarian city I was creating on the map was somehow being initialized incorrectly, but I couldn't think of how.

Turn on Python exceptions to see the exact error message.

14. deanej

deanej Deity

15. Owain

I can't seem to replicate it, but I had a ferengi colony ship change appearance from the ferengi model to what I think is the Final Frontier model... like a big version of the pirate warp 5 ship. No other effect other than appearance. It seemed connected... I think it happened when I ended a turn.

16. deanej

deanej Deity

Figured out the load save issue. Turns out onGameUpdate and onUpdate are NOT the same thing; to fix, go into Star Trek\Assets\XML\PythonCallbackDefines.xml and find USE_ON_UPDATE_CALLBACK and set iDefintIntVal to 1.

17. deanej

deanej Deity

Any idea where the bug is? I was wondering if I should delay scenario development at all; otherwise I was thinking of starting on DS9 now.

18. TC01

TC01 Deity

Unfortunately I don't; I haven't been doing very much modding lately.

I am looking into it right now, though, but you should probably start DS9. (DS9 desperately needs the speed improvements even if it's a little buggy).

19. deanej

deanej Deity

At least it shouldn't be in an area I modify. Hopefully I won't get much past DS9 by the time it's fixed so it won't affect a ton of versions.

20. deanej

deanej Deity

I've converted enough of DS9 that I SHOULD be able to load the scenario file but I can't. I get this error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 34, in readDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1866, in read

File "CvWBDesc", line 428, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getType'
    ERR: Python function readDesc failed, module CvWBInterface
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 34, in readDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1866, in read

File "CvWBDesc", line 428, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getType'
    ERR: Python function readDesc failed, module CvWBInterface

I'm using the older wouldbuilder files, so the only reason I can guess is that the mod has changed enough the the file is broken, in which case I might as well give up now (even adding an XML entry is enough to break a scenario file, depending on what you add. This is actually the reason there is no Badlands feature in DS9 - I forgot about it until the map had already been made, and it broke the map).

Hopefully this might just be a result of not using the Final Frontier worldbuilder, which did change other files in Star Trek. But it could take a while to figure out what the old code was and how it would change as a result of the rest of Final Frontier Plus.