4 Questions

lostkiwi

Chieftain
4 questions I have after just reaching the Renaissance in my first game:

- Can you differentiate your workers on auto-work?
I set a worker to auto to see how well it did compared to Civ IV... then lost track of it and now I have no clue where it is. Any distinguishable difference looking at the map between automated units and regular... or do I have to go through all my workers one by one until I find it?

- How do you hurry production??
I know how to buy a unit or building... but what about just hurrying whatever I am currently building? Where do you click for that?

- No around the world bonus?
My Caravel circled the world and no +1 movement bonus :( Does it however allow all your units to go through ocean squares?... or is that simply happening by discovering (the tech giving the caravel, I cant remember the name right now)

- Will city states get gobbled up?
All the city states I haven't conquered or puppetized are on the coast so I haven't surrounded one with my culture yet... but will it reach a point where it will become yours or it will always stay a city state regardless of how much culture you have surrounding it?

4 questions I have after just reaching the Renaissance in my first game:

I set a worker to auto to see how well it did compared to Civ IV... then lost track of it and now I have no clue where it is. Any distinguishable difference looking at the map between automated units and regular... or do I have to go through all my workers one by one until I find it?

I believe auto units are "greyed out" and your workers flags are solid.

I know how to buy a unit or building... but what about just hurrying whatever I am currently building? Where do you click for that?

Click the PURCHASE button in the city screen. A list of all the things you can buy shows up with prices next to them. You cannot buy a unit if you already have a unit in the city (kind of dumb) and you can't select something that you do not have enough money for.

My Caravel circled the world and no +1 movement bonus :( Does it however allow all your units to go through ocean squares?... or is that simply happening by discovering (the tech giving the caravel, I cant remember the name right now)

Probably not an issue anymore since units turn into ships.

All the city states I haven't conquered or puppetized are on the coast so I haven't surrounded one with my culture yet... but will it reach a point where it will become yours or it will always stay a city state regardless of how much culture you have surrounding it?

Don't attach a bunch of city states... you get labeled as a blood-thirsty tyrant. I don't think you can gobble them up with culture. You can't buy the land within their borders.

nope.

hurrying production is out. buy or build.

none that I have discovered. It seems they're not into little fun affectations anymore. WAR WAR WAR!

culture doesn't flip any cities anymore so nope.

nope.

hurrying production is out. buy or build.

none that I have discovered. It seems they're not into little fun affectations anymore. WAR WAR WAR!

culture doesn't flip any cities anymore so nope.

Thank you... Some many things have been streamlined or removed that I am not sure being an avid Civ IV player means anything... You really have to view it as a completely different game.

and WAR WAR WAR! seems to be right... After clearing out Arabia from my continent which was a fun conquest, I decided to go for a pacifist victory (tech/space race most probably) and that is extremely slow going and boring so far: takes forever to build buildings, very little strategy involved in what the workers should improve... diplomacy one dimensional... I am just plowing through turns until I can start building my spaceship while trickling in a unit here and there to dissuade the AI from the other continent to declare war.

Top Bottom