478 Pages of Ideas for Future Civ Versions (Written in 2001)

Quintillus

Restoring Civ3 Content
Super Moderator
Supporter
Perusing through some old files tonight, I happened upon the attached Word document, a 478-page document compiled by members of the Apolyton Civilization fansite in the early 2000s, prior to Civ III's release. I don't really expect anyone to read the whole thing, although if you have a dissertation to write on ideas for 4X games over time, perhaps you'll find it a valuable resource. But it's still kind of interesting as a historical artifact.

Noteworthy is that according to page 3, Brian Reynolds himself asked for the document:

Apolyton said:
SPECIAL THANKS

BRIAN REYNOLDS:

I know that Brian keeps in touch with the Civ community, be it through the Newsgroups or the forums. In fact, Brian himself called for the creation of this list. I would like to thank Brian for this kind of interaction and for his appreciation of development ideas from the fans. I wish him the best of luck on Civ3 and the many games he will work on in years to come.

The "Firaxis Summaries" begins on page 377, for those preferring a shorter 101-page read.

So, yes, Firaxis has paid attention to all of your ideas over the years! Or at least, summarized versions of them!

Attachments

• Civ3Listver2.zip
    437.4 KB · Views: 49
I remember that list and believe I contributed to it! Very cool. 👍

Top Bottom