1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

4k v 1080p v QHD

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ggalindo001, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

Maybe I am very late here, but something I just realized about Civ 6:

There is absolutely no difference between 4k resolution and 1080p resolution in the game window of Civ 6 -- the only difference is the UI. And if you set the UI at 4k resolution at 200% -- there is no difference. I think the main game only scales to the aspect ratio and not to the actual resolution (16:9 1080p is the same as 16:9 4k)

I got a 4k display and really expected to have much more real estate to play in the main game window. I did a test of a save in both resolutions, and zoomed out to the maximum, I saw the exact same real estate.

I have seen video of the game in QHD (1440p) 21:9 -- and it appears that the game scales to be wider in the main game window in that 21:9 aspect.

Anyone have any evidence that challenges the 4k v 1080p resolution -- maybe I am doing something completely wrong.