5 industrial sets

If it's not too much to ask, I'd very much a "bullet point summary," as it looks quite interestting.

Geometry nodes is a procedural 3d modeling/assembling, I might take some time to understand how to use it but once it's done it has huge potential for buildings, or cities creation.

The guy is a little to chatty, so this tut looks very long, but you can keep skipping those parts and look only how he builds his nodes. Around min 40-50min of this video, he is completely lost and trying to find how he went to certain point, how he built that nodes tree. After that he explains how to render it, this part you can ignore and this means this tutorial is much shorter than it seams at first.

He is using his own asset or 3d part exported to fdx format. It look like this https://gumroad.com/l/QAYyF.

In regards to Kyriakos's cities creation, when you set once a plane shapes for all cities sizes and build your first city set, made of modular parts as per attached link, later if you keep you asset tree in the same order where each file will have the same name, then for the next city set you'll have to only modify slightly a mesh of windows, doors, etc... certain parts which holds characteristic features for particular set, let's Asian looking and swap over you existing asset, what finally when you start a Blender again will give you a different looking city.

This method give you standardized looking cites but with only small effort you could easily produce not one city set a month or 3 moths but several a day.

By the way, the guy on this tut shown only ground floor creation, there will be another tut when he will create the rest.

register... that is interesting and seems to be helpful for production purposes, however, I think Kyriakos prefers to model City Set Buildings individually then collectively construct each City Set.
Each work of Art is more unique when created individually. Guess I am saying "faster is not necessarily better" :)

register... that is interesting and seems to be helpful for production purposes, however, I think Kyriakos prefers to model City Set Buildings individually then collectively construct each City Set.
Each work of Art is more unique when created individually. Guess I am saying "faster is not necessarily better" :)

Or maybe my understanding of it is to basic, when you search on youtube for "geometric nodes blender 3.0" you will see how powerful tool it is. It's up to you guys, it is just an another option

here is some examples:

register... Don't get me wrong, yes the geometric nodes are powerful tools for use and do offer the extra Tools for those who want and can use them.
Other than the faster use of geometric designs it seem to be better suited for use with many of the Newer 3d Games though :thumbsup:

I haven't gotten back to this, due to work (for money) as well as reading some stuff for work and otherwise.
But a good idea would be to start (when that happens) also creating a second set in the industrial series, because then their archetype will be inferred - similarities between the two will help me arrive at a standard. So, which groups would you like to see in the industrial era? I am thinking that russian could be the second european group.
The asian group will be japanese, and I am not sure if a US group is needed (since you have the british one), so maybe that opens up a position.

A Russian industrial quality city set would be definitely needed ! :)

upload_2021-6-15_0-55-36.png

Kyriakos, your industrial city is on a good way. :thumbsup:

In my eyes for an industrial city at least one funnel should be added and in the size 2 graphics the church is missing.
Industrial City.jpg

The church is the special centerpiece of 1 - which also appears in 3. It never is there in size 2 (check the ancient and medieval sets in this style) :)

I am very weary of adding funnels, since when I actually did that earlier in the thread, people hated it. But I will probably attempt it.

upload_2021-6-18_13-31-11.png

I was actually commissioned to make some new city sets, so when they are done I will ask the patron if they can be shared here too (they are paying primarily for the license to use them in their strategy game) :)
Those sets are medieval, by the way, but most of them on the exotic side of things (two are sets I never really created for Civ3, in any of my styles)

Top Bottom