1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 01 - After Actions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Oct 31, 2016.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

2. Lexad

Lexad royalcrownchinpokomaster

Brought back by the new game, hope it goes out of beta soon) Thanx for the welcome!

3. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Chieftain

Victory Turn 300, Score 674.

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
    Settled 8, captured Paris and two Russian cities. One of my cities were built by a captured French settler. France had a very shortlived civilization :)
    Three cities where production oriented, and used for the space builds. In the other cities I focused on science and commerce.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    Beeline to Industrial Zones and later Space Techs. Prioritized science and production, and policies supporting that.

- Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.

No, ignored religion. And no one was close to religious victory anyway.

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
    Very little warring. Wiped out France and captured two Russian cities early on, that helped with expansion. Russia and Egypt DOW'ed a couple of times later on, but nothing that troubled me, I was two eras ahead...
    Near the end I razed all but two of Egypt's cities as revenge and to keep myself busy while building the last parts for the Mars expedition.

- Were City-States helpful?
    Yes, provied lots of shields, science and gold.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    No, no surpises. Quite an easy game, but I should have built more Industrial Zones to support my three core cities.

- Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes, very much. Looking forward to the next one!

Attached Files:

4. joyodongo

joyodongo Chieftain

Victory Turn 336, Score 711.

Settled 6, captured 5: France, Russia and Arabia.

Space Techs.

I founded a religion but didn't convert any cities.

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
    Conquered France, Russia and Arabia

Yes, specially HongKong for the space projects.

No surpises.

No surprise but the last turns of the space race are quite boring.

Spoiler :

20161119232520_1.jpg 20161119232618_1.jpg

Attached Files:

5. tunetobasil

tunetobasil Chieftain

Victory date: 1980. Score: 496.

5 settled, one captured and razed.

Emphasized research generally, otherwise nothing particular.

I created a holy site early, but never founded a religion, and largely ignored religion from then on.

I never declared war. France went to war early without any cities lost on either side, then later became an ally. Egypt declared war late and paid a lot of gold to avoid losing her capital.

Yes, I stayed the suzerain of the science city-states for most of the game, then focused on the production ones later.

Hattusa was captured by Russia while I was suzerain, which was annoying. Didn’t fight for it, just lost those envoys.

Yes!

Attached Files:

6. Allston

Allston Chieftain

First post! I played a lot of Civ 4 but real life got in the way and I ended up playing only about 25 total hours of Civ 5. So it's been a quite a few years since I've played a Civ game all the way to the end. I am enjoying Civ 6 a lot more than Civ 5.

Victory Turn 354, Score 823.

I founded 9 cities and then warfare added another 10 cities -- either French or Russian with one city state (Kumasi who declared against me).

Beelined space techs.

Not at all.

I had a "peace through strength" strategy with Egypt friendly and nobody truly angry at me. Around turn 225 the game was getting boring and I hadn't conducted major warfare before so I wanted to try it out. Wasn't very fair using bombers and artillery against calvary! My captured cities probably didn't contribute much to the victory except some hammers via trade routes.

Yes, especially Hong Kong.

Somehow I lacked aluminum but lucky for me the AI left the two aluminums on the eastern coast unsettled so I grabbed those.
    This was my first king level game and I was surprised at how far ahead I got on military and science almost right away. I had the leading military for most of the game. I could have won earlier probably but I wanted to try out some warfare. The common thread I see is those who went warfare early finished the game much sooner so I will try that approach next time.

This is the first game I've play full out to the end for several years. Was fun until the last 30 turns or so when it was just hitting next to complete the space race.

Attached Files:

7. kask

kask Chieftain

nice game enjoy it but lv was a little bit to low for me so fighting was quite easy ended with a 999 score.

captured all my continent wipe out frecnh russian egypt and finally arabs.

war was the only way for me so gone for policies that sustained this warfare until i begin to milk the game

Didn't bother at all

plenty used legion a lot and finally ended with waz tech

Stook all the bonus i could

not at all except so ending barbarian.

forgot to build enought spaceramp so milked the game as hell until turn 401 !!!!

Attached Files:

8. SteampunkJoe

SteampunkJoe Chieftain

Defeated at end game, though I was close to science victory. First time I've played at this level, so pleased I made it to the end.

Attached Files:

9. talamatur

talamatur Chieftain

Victory Turn 351 1166 Points

Spoiler :

civ_gotm01.PNG

started massiv expanding
    had trouble with france, they delcared me war in the early ages. take them out with Legions.
    long time no campus, had always trouble with money.
    peter betrayed me (we were so good friends), so his culture empire was overrun by units buyed with culture
    then somehow i get a lead in tech, but have big problems with money.
    in Industry/modern age saladin was overrun (i try to play peaceful, didn't work out very well)
    For the last turns i keep tones of money, and bring some settler in postion, ~6 turns before my last piece was finished i started war with egypt (very weak units) and overrun them, was able to rush 4 citys + stockholm with hightech army of tank/modern infantry/bomber and a nuke
    last round 3 settler build a city and i spend all culture/money for big persons, for extra points.

edit:
    my game crashed twice (in round 261 and after trying reloading and in round 271)
    i think i need about 15h playing time
    I also achieved the "Man on the Moon", "District 12" and the "Missed That Day in History Class"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. gunjackwins

gunjackwins Chieftain

SCIENCE VICTORY: 1961 Score: 1016

14 settled, 10 captured (3 Russian, 3 French, 4 Egyptian). After Rome, next settled city was Lugdunum to the NE on the coast, followed also by Cumae to the west of Rome on the west coast. Following the capture of Paris I settled the west coast of the continent from the white cliffs of Dover down to the south pole.

most of the time whatever I had a eureka for.

other civs fought over my territory a bit - Russians pushing E.Orthodox in the south with Egypt spreading Judaism from the North. Happy to enjoy modest food and production benefits from this.

first half of game i was mostly at war - resulting the capture of three decent capitals that proved valuable to science - so that by the second half I was pulling ahead on tech and military strength so AI did not take a pop. Probably worth noting that the Roman ability to connected new cities by road was crucial in allowing the rapid deployment of force at far-flung parts of the realm. First war was declared foolishly by the French, was happy to oblige and lifted Paris. After a long slog involving much pillaging and finances at breaking point the French offered to cede Paris and favourable gpt - took it. Relations at this point were becoming freyed between the Russians and French, with the Russians then seizing the initiative - moving in to beseige Rouen. Concerned of growing Russian power, I tried to impede the movement of Russian troops to the front lines to 'regulate' the conflict to a balanced attrition whilst restoring imperial finances/healing/rearming. The Russians continued to erode the French defences, at which point I denounced the Russians, who eventually, after heavy losses, captured Rouen. At this point I invoked my causus belli and captured Rouen from the exhausted Russians, then pushed through to take Tula and sandwiched Yaroslavl. During these campaigns it was crucial to keep Hong Kong and Kumasi under the thumb to protect my key cities of Rome, Ostia and Lugdunum. Whilst taking a breather before the assault on St.Petersberg, the Eqyptians denounced me after many centuries of peaceful trade and coexistence. It was at this point I accepted Russian entreaties for peace and began to move much of my force to the north, expecting the Eqyptian (and their new suz Stockholm's) assualt - which sure enough came a little too soon for my liking bringing heavy casualties in the opening phase of the conflict. As the veteran units from the southern campaign started to enter the field, the Egyptians were pushed back - with Akhetaten first to fall. With Stockholm flipped back to my favour I surrounded Thebes and Ra-kedet ready to bring my new bombards to the frey, but avoided the scorched earth approach of the southern conflicts to lift 2 very well appointed cities. Memphis fell soon after and with it Cleopatra succumbed to the asp, leaving the north secure to allow a return to St.Petersberg and a final end to the Russian wars with a defensible border of mountain and friendly city states to keep the occasionally irritated Arabs at bay. With peace secured, time for some good ole micromanagement... Only fly in the ointment being that last french city, Toulouse, which seemed to just focus on building more and more units. Though inferior, the potential for 20 or so units to swarm over my now fixed and Romanized Paris - the jewel in the crown of my burgeoning dominion, a training exercise for my new cavalry and artillery units was necessary - leaving Catherine to weave no more of her webs of trickery. Grateful to forum posts explaining the importance of sharing the benefits of industrial and entertainment zones between a group of cities - helped keep decent production levels without mutiny!

certainly, as above as buffer states plus also with 6 envoys to boost the effectiveness of districts.

for a number of turns after the capture of Paris, its size meant that significantly negative amenities triggered 2 separate revolts. Was lucky to have the latest military tech and sufficient force in the theatre to clear this insurgency.

Loving civ 6... fun game

Attached Files:

11. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

Turn 194 SV, Score 727

Post-patch, so no chopping outside territory, no god of the forge bug, no gold from disbanding, no trade exploit, gimped trade routes, 50% Maneuver, etc.

Captured cities
    Kumasi (1)
    France (2)
    Russia (1)
    Arabia (2)
    Egypt (3)
    Captured 1 settler from Arabia and 1 other from Egypt (2)
    Setters made (10)
    Rome (1)
    Total 22 cities

I went low culture and focused on production and science. I got Urbanization really late and thus never built a Neighborhood.

T67 Apprenticeship
    T103 Industrialization
    T128 Chemistry
    T140 Electricity
    T146 Rocketry
    T170 Launch Earth Satellite
    T181 Launch Moon Landing / Start Mars Habitation in 2nd production city
    T184 Nanotechnology / Start Mars Hydro in 1st production city
    T190 Nuclear Fusion / Start Mars Reactor

Such early Industrialization might be a mistake as I missed on Newton (I think because of it). Maybe I could have built campuses earlier to secure him.

Divine Spark, Work Ethic, Church Property
    A culture pantheon might have been more helpful than Divine Spark here as my culture was lacking this game.
    Apparently free monuments weren't enough in the end.

Conquered the main continent. The more cities the better, especially if you're going for mass city production overlap.

Yes very helpful.
    Toronto, Hong Kong, Geneva, Zanzibar and Stockholm were all very helpful.
    I ran a bit short of money in the mid-game, so a Commercial CS on the main continent could have been helpful. Also, I think it would have been better if Toronto and Hong Kong were switched. In any case, it was pretty much an ideal scenario. I guess I should have started exploring the other continent a bit earlier.

Surprise #1
    When I marched upon Russia, I was surprised to find that Peter was still on one city and only had one (garrisoned) unit for an army. I found why not long after. A barbarian camp in the snow nearby was spamming one horseman every turn. It was not near a horse resource (but it was near one deer), so I am not sure why it was spamming horseman. Anyway, that camp was the only military threat I had all game.

Surprise #2
    In the late game, while I was building my space parts, Germany marched an army of apostles on my empire. I was worried I would lose my religion (with work ethic) in all my space production cities. But all the apostles just walked by and converted only one or two small satellites cities. Completely useless..

Surprise #3
    I got a bit lucky in the end and got Korolev as the first Atomic era GE. This permitted me to finish all my Mars parts on the exact same turn! A highly satisfying finish.

Spoiler :

Not very challenging, but I enjoyed the optimization game.

- Additional Note
    There seems to be a bug in the game where your science overflow resets to zero when you get an eureka. I lost a few turns of science in the late game because of this while bulbing GS who trigger eurekas. Can anyone else confirm this?

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Lexad likes this.
  12. Heregrim

Heregrim Chieftain

- How many cities did you settle or capture? 4 settled: 1 captured
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? I prioritized religion first and then settled in for a long game.
    - Did religion come into play in your game, please explain. I used my religion to protect my cities so that no one could convert me out.
    - How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective? Very little, but didn't as my first game of the month I stayed really focused. Since I took 427ish turns I could have moved much quicker and war to increase my science potential would have helped.
    - Were City-States helpful? I dominated Hong Kong for the Industry
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? No real surprises
    - Did you enjoy the game? Loved it.

Attached Files:

13. Stephano

Stephano Chieftain

Science victory in turn 319 Score 534.
    I went for a mostly peaceful game, which I now realize is not the most efficient way to win a science victory. :D
    Settled 8 cities, did not capture any.
    This was my second game ever in Civ 6 going for a science victory, in the first I built science campuses in all cities, this time I only had 3, and I felt that was (almost?) enough, I prioritized more production in most other cities instead.
    Failed to get a religion, but I guess that didn't really matter much in this game, except I wasted some early progress by building a holy site.
    I had a very early war with Cleo, just to grab one of her unprotected settlers *grin*. Later she attacked Stockholm which annoyed me a lot and ruined some of my plan to get early extra science from city states. When she later declared war against me again, I liberated Stockholm!
    France went to war against me twice (both times with some allies that didn't do much), no problem defending.
    This was my first game of the month ever, great idea, enjoyed it! :)
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

14. iL3nz

iL3nz Chieftain

Victory on turn 391. Score was 594. Pretty awful if I do say so myself.

• I ended up with 8 cities
    • I went straight for the legion research first so I could take out egypt. Then I tried to beeline to rockets as soon as I could.
    • No. People would try to convert my cities but I played it no mind.
    • A lot. I actually didn't mean to but every civ ended up mad at me and started warring with me on and off. I lost one city total.
    • Yes, Stockholm was for the Great Person boost.
    • Not really. Just the constant warring was annoying.
    • I did. I just need to learn to get better.

Attached Files:

15. Sir Prizer

Sir Prizer Chieftain

Turn 365 Science Victory Score 815

Captured 4 cities; built 12 cities; likely didn't need to build last few, but captured 3 settlers in late-ish war so what that heck.

Researched all things science and holy, plus ironworking and apprentice, then followed boosts until beeline for space.

Yes, religion was the driver of my civ. With SIP in jungle, I planted Rome's holy site opposite mountain, 2 spaces west of city. Founded Religion and took Sacred Path to maximize faith. Used Jesuit Education for every single Science upgrade in every city. Built Campus in first 3 cities, so outpaced AI in science and score before Turn 100. Using faith for all the Campus (and a few Theater) upgrades, left the remaining production for badly needed Industrial Zone builds. Eventually took Monastic Isolation to protect my holy engine.

Necessary and effective. France and Russia DOWed me the turn after I met the second of them. Big Surprise that forced me play defensive. Took Paris on T120 after Lyon - cities 4 and 5. Both had campus and holy site, so they fit just fine. Russia finally attacked in 170, but too little too late and held core 9 cities by T200. I eventually took both St. Petersburg and Cairo. I was so lucky because neither Russia nor Arabia ever built a second city (any idea why this happened?) As I said, took 3 settlers around Cairo once I got over there, just hanging out with much rich land the AI could have settled????

Yes. To compliment my drive for religion and science, took Papal Primacy to max benefits from CS. Kept all the science CS all game, plus Hong Kong and eventually Toronto.

1. Egypt was friendly! We had early peace and late Alliance. I let Cleo manage the northern third of the continent and I owned the rest.
    2. Joint DOW from Catherine and Peter so early.
    3. No building by Russia or Arabia.

Very fun to have tough starting position and to figure out how to make lemonade from lemons. But it was never really a contest because AI didn't match pace. Civs on other continent fought each other, while I sailed. My final 815 score more than doubled second place Germany at 366.

Late game was not so enjoyable. So many cities is a chore to manage and tedious toward the end. With no challengers, it was all mechanics. But I learned a lot and saw ways to be more efficient. So good practice and I very much appreciate you for organizing the 6otm.

Files: the autosave is from before Victory and the Trajan 1945 file is from Just one more. Launch occurred from jungle chop in '44.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  16. MPoxon

MPoxon Chieftain

Science Victory Turn 305 Score 865

13 cities - most of them captured

Archery for early conquest, then research techs

I wanted a religion but did not manage to get one, a bit strange as only 4 out of 5 religions had been founded but I never got the option to buy a great prophet regardless of the amount of faith I accumulated.

Early waring is much easier in Civ6 now you can put a city under siege and you can defeat the defences so this was my main strategy early game to conquer the continent

Allies were useful early game to help me with the wars against other civs, later game the science and production bonuses were useful

I had to defend against a german religious victory by purchasing missionaries to spread the religion of a defeated civ to my own cities to push back the germans

Yes early game was fun, still very much learning Civ 6 so GOTM is helpful there. Late game was a bit boring waiting for the Mars components to build.

Attached Files:

17. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

Science Victory, Turn 270, 1795AD; 746 points

- How many cities did you settle or capture? 8 Main with 2 small ones at end -- build 4 main, 2 captured settlers (one early, one later), 2 captured cities (both France); build 2 cities at end to secure oil and aluminum.
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? Science, Commerce, then Industry; to Monarchy, then Democracy; focused on what could be opened in general (only did non-boosted ones if really needed now)
    - Did religion come into play in your game, please explain. Not really - failed to get a religion, eventually Russia expanded to me, but didn't do much with it.
    - How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective? Probably need to do more based upon reading the above. Only war I started was to take Russia's 'free' settler early. Took two of France's cities when they declared war on me along with Egypt, but I basically ignored Egypt. I could have just kept going, but didn't. It gave me space - Paris ended up being one of my top 3 building cities.
    - Were City-States helpful? Yes. Nice to have 3 so close and eventually expanded to the others.
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Haven't played Civ 6 much, so hadn't seen this insane free settler thing before. Settlers should change into something else (builder) and be auto-escorted. Even just killing them would be a huge game advantage, but capturing is just too much. Also didn't realize you couldn't start Mars stuff without Moon Base and couldn't start that until Space Launch was complete, so spent way too much time setting up for max build speed in three cities and then having all the tech complete before my Space Launch occurred. Makes sense and like it designed this way. Wasted at least 15 turns there when I could have built the 1st one while the 2nd city got extra industry boosts - just had to wait it out at that point.
    - Did you enjoy the game? Glad to get back into Civ. New city concept is awesome after 15 years of no major city design changed, but very disappointed in some of the new AI game mechanics (i.e. free settlers) - AI design is hard, but that is just poorly done. Love the concept of seeing how others play the game, though I like to play peacefully and definitely can't keep pace with the warmongers - my first two builds were builders and focused on getting Rome to size 6 before thinking of expanding. Would love to see some 6OTM that force me to warmonger and/or games that state no taking AI cities/settlers. Getting out of the comfort zone is fun.

Attached Files:

18. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

My 2nd GOTM ever and first ever win in under 300 turns! Came in under the wire at 297 turns. Score 856.

Here's a screenshot of my game:
    Spoiler Screenshot :

Overall, I had 18 cities - settled 8 and captured 10.

I went straight for Iron Working to get Legions and then got to warring early. Afterwards, I beelined to get factories and campus districts up and running.

Not really - I took the God of the Forge pantheon early to help in production towards my army early, but otherwise, I mainly ignored it. I saved my faith and rush bought the Space Race GE later in the game with faith.

I had an early plan to get 2-3 legions and some archers and go warring early. I got pretty lucky popping goody huts. With my first warrior, I found a Scout right as I finished building my 1st Scout, so I had 2 to explore the island. I must have gotten 6 more goody huts and got a 3rd Scout out of it, a builder, and another warrior. This allowed me to focus my builds early to get my army set.

I went down to take out France's 2 cities right away. They went down very quickly. Russia denounced me, so I just continued on and took out his 2 cities. I planned to regroup a little when Egypt and Arabia both declared war on me. I was right next to Arabia at the time, so I took out their closest city. They offered me a peace deal for all their gold and a lot of GPT, so I temporarily made peace with them and Egypt to regroup. I waited about 15-20 turns before starting up again with Arabia and taking him out. By that point, I had the whole southern part of the continent and slowly worked my way upwards. I declared on Egypt around turn 150. They fell in about 5 turns, mainly because I had bombards, field cannons, and infantry, while they still had heavy chariots. After that, it was just trying to city build. I didn't even meet the other continent until after turn 200 when I was getting ready to start the spaceport.

I suppose. I didn't meet the ones off my continent until the game was in hand, so it really was the 4 on-site. Kumasi was annoying when I was in a war with Arabia. But otherwise, they were fine.

Barbarians were a pain. With all the early expansion, I had to cover a lot of grounds with barbarians spawning. I felt like that was the toughest part of the game - dealing with them popping up over and over.

Yes, enjoyed it very much. King is usually pretty tough for me - I was shocked it went so well. I expected to be in for a tough game but it was in hand pretty early. Very much looking forward to the next GOTM, although Immortal is quite the jump for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  19. AugusTIN0007

AugusTIN0007 Chieftain

Science victory on turn 313. Score 1012
    -started and played AFTER fall patch, so could not use the game breaking exploits.

Spoiler :

Settled 8 (4 before warring, and 4 later as "space fillers", science or production boosts"), captured 12 (3x France, 3x Russia, 2x Arabia, 3x Egypt - because of an Oil resource, 1x CS for extra room)

At the beginning expansion like builder and settler policies, ... midgame science went high 500/turn ..up to 770/turn in t250, (year1695) when I reached future tech, so most of the time it was just "clicking next" without any feeling of stratergy or prioritizng.

Went for religion -4th. Converted whole continent with tithe for extra gold, inqusition and buying units with faith for limited time.

As described in opening moves more detailed ... plan was to expand fast to 5 cities and then take some capitals for extra districts and wonders ...but France started an early War, so limited warring started less prepared - but within turn 150 France an Russia were down.
    At this point the game lost its charme and turned in a "city building simulation" .... I even forgot why Rome run over Arabia with some infantries within a few turns ...and poor Egypt had to be whiped out because they had the ONLY source of OIL on the continent! (Firaxis ...how is it possible??).
    A bigger number of cities and research districts ofc speed up research into 2-3 turns/tech ( future tech in t 250).... but killed the charme of any meaningful interaction or strategy with other nations being 20-30 techs behind!!...

Got Suzerain of all on continent fast, and had 1-3 envoys in ALL others as well ... and they gave some nice bonuses - kiled just 1 to give room for bigger production to one of my spaceport cities.

The surprise how useless the AI plays - for an Title like civilization it feels sorry to experience it.
    The only reason I cotinued past turn 150 was this enthusiasm of this great site and GotM, so sharing gameplay and thoughts with other players gave the "higher purpose" for actually ending the game - but as I did not understand this as a "competition", espetially because of the pre patch game exploits I coud not force myself to micromanage and optimize "faster finish".

The potential of 25 years of civ is great, ... the new concepts and the "ideas" to be forced to interact with the sourouding (via eureka, city districts, spetialization, resources, Cs ...) is fantastic.
    1) So for the first 99 turns the good old feeling like in civ 1, civ 2 and civ 4 (i skipped 3) arouse ...the feeling of ONE MORE TURN captured me once again. Every decision seemed to matter, every move seemed important, every turn felt fun and interesting, every hitting next turn button a new world to think of and to discover .
    2) From the moment of interacting with AI due to WAR ... it changes. For a while it is exiting to see how fast whole empires fall to their knees - and I was not even prepared for total war,just 4 legions and a 1-2 crossbow and a catapult . So 50 more turns its fun.
    3)
    After the game is already WON, from around turn 150 it is just You playing against yourself, a kind of city/empire simulation where nothing "outside" our empire matters - but just robs You of your time due to missionarry spams or useless diplomacy screens and a not optimal UI so countles clicking around, renewing tade, no quees for building orders no "miltary screen" ... just clicking
    So insted of "one more turn" please, it was omg "no more turns please"

Some thoughts
    or FUN KILLER questions like: "why I had to manually click every 2 turns the future technology for almost 30 times?" Is there no way to increase the cost of future technology or have an "autorepeat" option?
    So lets start with some self criticism: YES, as I am very new to civ 6 and due to the fact that at turn 150 I stopped taking care and with no motiv to "strategize" I intuitively spammed too much campus districts, soon reached over 700 sci/turn, and around 70!!! GP points/turn thinking that that would be enough to reach the important GP that speed up building space projects. Due to the useless AI this was NOT the case because had to spamm them ALL by myself. So too late I realized that I should have spammed also commerce district to BUY OUT faster the crucial GP - the result was that I actually had to build all the 3 projects - and my 3 production cities I did not care to bring to more than 100 production/turn so I needed extra 63 turns to win.
    But still, this titel is "holy" and influenced a whole gaming generation, so they should care about essential and important matters and more "tuning" needed and NOT relayso much on such a great community.
    Why simple people are capable of doing stuff/mods like: "Better Trade Screen", "Production Queue", "Unit Report Screen", "Custom City Panel", to name just a few alredy great mods ... .(things that shoud be in one or other form part of the base game)

Also all my compliments for Your great enthusiasm of keeping the GotM up, to bring us together, to learn from and with each other. These 2 posts at this 1st GotM are my first, but I spend many hours reading and learning and having FUN in the last years - THANK YOU.

Stay CIVILIZED and sorry for grammar, but my autocorrect was not working and English is NOT my mother tounge.

- The game crashed 2 times around turn 232, but I just both times "resumed" game, did NOT replay (it was a boring part of the game anyway, so replaying was the last I coud think of), so hopefully this will not be a problem.
    - the save file is from t311, actually 2 turns before victory - by mistake I thought the GP would triger next turn victory, and last turn i forgot to save again - hopfully this will not be a problem as well.
    t313 is after victory.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  20. groorg1

groorg1 Chieftain

Turn 388 science victory. Delayed significantly because I didn't have the production in place to complete the Mars modules quickly enough.

Attached Files: