• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

6otM 12 announcement

I have never attempted a game with all VCs disabled. Does this mean you could (at least in theory) conquer all AI cities and continue as the sole "player" until turn 250?

Mac patch only just arrived and GOTM save wouldn't load before now... Hoping to try this weekend. Any chance of holding this open for a bit longer? (Pretty please!)

I have never attempted a game with all VCs disabled. Does this mean you could (at least in theory) conquer all AI cities and continue as the sole "player" until turn 250?

yes !
If the VC condition would be as only one still enabled, you must be careful to let 1 city unconquered in order to get to your 250 turns (or 500 or 1500).
That's were 1-tile islands are good for... to gift to one of the AI's.

The big benefit ofc of keeping the VC enabled is that you can see where you are

yes !
If the VC condition would be as only one still enabled, you must be careful to let 1 city unconquered in order to get to your 250 turns (or 500 or 1500).
That's were 1-tile islands are good for... to gift to one of the AI's.

The big benefit ofc of keeping the VC enabled is that you can see where you are

Thanks. I played it through roughly with that strategy (keeping useful CS). It is a shame that you can't see the rolling score with those settings.

Thanks. I played it through roughly with that strategy (keeping useful CS). It is a shame that you can't see the rolling score with those settings.

What I said in my post was not correct !
Yesterday I conquered all cities before turn 250 and it was game over

So there seems no benefit to disable the Victory condition.
You have to keep 1 city in AI hands anyway.
Meaning that the only effect of disabling all victory conditions is that we cannot see where we are compared to the others and do not see how our score is build up.

Please remember that this is the Announcement thread. If you are discussing the actual game, you should do this in the Opening or After Actions threads. We must be careful of divulging spoilers by accident.

Our general rule is that once you have opened a game save, you are no longer eligible to post in the Announcement thread.

Please remember that this is the Announcement thread. If you are discussing the actual game, you should do this in the Opening or After Actions threads. We must be careful of divulging spoilers by accident.

Our general rule is that once you have opened a game save, you are no longer eligible to post in the Announcement thread.
:)

Top Bottom