1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

7-17-18 Inept Mouse Modpack

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ElliotS, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Wasteland_Wanderer

Wasteland_Wanderer Chieftain

I made this mod pack earlier that has 3rd and 4th UU (v33) in, as well as the Global relations mod, Historical Religions Edit, Civ Names by Policies and quick turns. This mod pack is for the July 5th version of VP, since that's the one that works with 3rd/4th right now. When v34 comes out I'll probably make another modpack, so I could post a link for that too, if you wanted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdbe6umdey1mp6s/MP_MODSPACK.7z?dl=0

ElliotS and CppMaster like this.
  2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

You can download the most up-to-date version of 4UC, create a solution, and make your mod pack at any time.

The two holdups right now are:
    1. blue ghost who is making a general compatibility fix for custom civs that wouldn’t affect a mod pack in any way
    2. Adan is incommunicado, and he has exclusive access to the modpack’s official release page
    Neither of these issues should hold you up

3. Wasteland_Wanderer

I've managed to build the solution for the 3rd/4th mod, but I've got stuck on the creating modpack part. When I enter CreateMP(), I get a run time error saying there's a nil value. I'm not sure what's causing it, as I made the first modpack fine, but one thing that is different is last time when I loaded in I got that monopoly screen bug during the game loading that I set up to load the mods before calling the CreateMP() in firetuner. This time round, I set up the game but there was no bugged out screen. There seems to be an issue with the multiplayer work around mod, but I'm not really competent enough at coding to sort this one out sorry. Or I've completely misunderstood what I'm doing, I'm not sure. I've tried multiple times over the last couple of hours and just out of my depth here.

4. RedScouser90

RedScouser90 Chieftain

ElliotS, Hi! I apologize in advance for my English, this is not my native language, so 99% of the text consists of Google translator.
    Can you please help me?
    I dowloand you modpack from this topic: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/7-17-18-inept-mouse-modpack.634555/
    Before that, I had a vanilla client+nq mod+eui. I dellete nq and eui folderds, download and unpack u modpack, launching the game, I go to the network part, expose the settings, invite a friend who previously did all the same and further we both have the following picture after the installation of the first city:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445239200
    The DLC folder looks like this, nothing is superfluous:
    https://ibb.co/chzXyd
    I would really appreciate if you help me deal with this situation, a very cool mod, I would like to play :(

5. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Works in English only.

ElliotS likes this.
  6. RedScouser90

RedScouser90 Chieftain

It's bad :( Before that I tried the SP version from another author - and it worked normally. In any case, thanks for the clarification.

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

This bug is not due to language. (Did you clear the cache? That's a standard bug for not clearing the cache)

However, previous post is right. Vox Populi only "works" in English, meaning that any text that is not in english is false and outdated. You need to switch your game in English.

The "community patch", which is the "bug fixes and AI" part of Vox Populi can be played alone. And is compatible with any language (but you will miss most of the content of Vox Populi).

8. temp1

temp1 Chieftain

removing "improved city view" folder helped me

9. CppMaster

CppMaster King

@ElliotS Is it safe to delete some mods from VP-Inept-Mouse-7-7-18/Mods like Promotion Flags EUI(v 1.1)?

10. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Is PFEUI not working with latest update?

11. CppMaster

CppMaster King

It is working, but late game it causes often crashes. When I disabled it in the same game, number of crushes dropped like 10 times, so I guess this is the culprit.

12. Hosannah

Hosannah Chieftain

13. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

No idea, I wouldn't.

I don't have problems with the mod and I make the modpack for myself, I'd suggest you take the 30 minutes to an hour needed to make a modpack yourself if you want one exactly suited towards you.

14. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

The unique city state mod is interesting - but definatly affects policy balance. Also get a bug, where as aztecs there are two options for diplomatic marriage, when at war, there is no option to make peacce... declare war button shows rather than make peace.
    upload_2018-7-22_18-46-46.png

15. CppMaster

CppMaster King

Yeah, I have this bug too. Also I cannot open Diplomacy screen, but I'm not sure if this mode cause it or Global Relations.

16. Wasteland_Wanderer

I think it is the Global Relations mod, because I use Global Relations and I don't use the city state mod but I still can't open the diplomacy screen.

CppMaster likes this.
  17. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

The only problem I have with global relations mod is it causes game to freeze when exiting /exiting to main menu for me.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/infoaddict-light-global-relations-for-bnw.500839/
    Also, when using GR aka info addict light , it replaces
    diplomacy menu for pop-up, so there is a setting that has to be used for compatibility with EUI I forget what it is.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  18. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Well and delicately said ;P Nevertheless I have many RL issues but still try to be in touch and have forum site in bookmarks in my browser. v35 is the most recent release :)

19. itschris

itschris Chieftain

I'm encountering a similar issue. Do you mind clarifying what cache to clear?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  20. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

There is a folder named "cache" somewhere in the Civ files (don't remember where, but it is not hidden). You have to delete it.