7-17-18 Inept Mouse Modpack

@Wasteland_Wanderer I'm one of the makers of MUCfVP modmod and I have question for you: would you be able to update your recent modpack:
I made this mod pack earlier that has 3rd and 4th UU (v33) in, as well as the Global relations mod, Historical Religions Edit, Civ Names by Policies and quick turns. This mod pack is for the July 5th version of VP, since that's the one that works with 3rd/4th right now. When v34 comes out I'll probably make another modpack, so I could post a link for that too, if you wanted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdbe6umdey1mp6s/MP_MODSPACK.7z?dl=0
with VP v8-19 and MUCfVP v36 we released just yesterday (version with least bugs so far :]), but also add 4 essential mods to play imo: Small Resource Icons (Natural Wonders icons stay on map, map is much cleaner), Unit Path Viewer, Relligion Spread and @Infixo's Improved City View?

If you admire some of other of his work I tested Wonders Expanded which is really great, balanced and adds real diversification. In my opinion must-have-mod. Those mods I would treat as a base. Others, maybe not so essential mods, but also useful are:
Code:
underestimated mod - Meaningful City-State Colours (I have tweked version)
latest VP Promotion Icons (still updated)

2 units per tile
Grateful settlers
Religious settlers
Local generals
Civ-linked generals
Convenient start
Filters in UI trade
General Influence Borders
VPEE
Enhanced Naval Warfare

https://zapodaj.net/5d2391197b5af.png.html

if you want my fixed or modified stuff I use, just tell me!
What do you think?

Last edited:
Here is a download for a 8-19 version of my old modpack, minus the city name by polices mod.

@adan_eslavo I can do that. I'll work down the list and add as much as I can before any angry error messages (if any) pop up.

Edit: Some questions for you.
Do you us EUI when you play VP?
What do you mean by a tweak version of the city state colours mod, and would the one that's on the steam workshop be ok?

Last edited:
Nice, thank you in advance. I'm not fond of using civ names by policies so nothing terrible happened. I'm looking forward to see what you manage to make. If you would be able to make something up to Wonders Expanded for start, then it would be awesome!

FYI: I started talks with @Asterix Rage about merging my Promotion overhaul with his VPPI. Moreover I will soon update compatibility patch betwen VPEE and MUCfVP.

EDIT:
@Wasteland_Wanderer works well for now. I played a couple of turns to test it out. I can see that global relations mod uses Some old version of Trade Opportunities not compatible with VP. Here is version I made (I added Indonesian and Brazilian resources, and all new VP ones from More Luxury mod - it is complete version). It would be good to substitute it.

Attachments

• (ui) UI - Trade Opportunities (modified for VP) (v 28m).zip
    30 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
@adan_eslavo Here is a download for a modpack that includes all the mods except EE and VP Promotion Icons. I included the fix for expanded naval units that Asterix_Rage posted in that thread.
When I tried adding the PI mod, I got the following error message in game: unable to load texture [NewPromos32.dds]. I'm not sure how to fix this.
When I tried to load a game with EE in, the game wouldn't load in. Civ just stopped responding. I probably did something wrong with EE though, there might be some compatibility stuff I missed or something, I'm not sure.

I just loaded PI in addition to previous version of modpack and it worked well. Maybe @Asterix Rage will know what's going on.
VPEE needs compatibility patch with VP and MUCfVP. For now better wait until I will do update for my patch.

Thank you. I will apply some other reworked resources. No hurry.

Attachments

• (ui) Meaningful City State Colors (recoloured edition) (v 1m).zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 232
  • (game) Scouts ignore Borders (modified for MUCfVP) (v 2m).zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
@adan_eslavo Here is a download for a modpack that includes all the mods except EE and VP Promotion Icons. I included the fix for expanded naval units that Asterix_Rage posted in that thread.
When I tried adding the PI mod, I got the following error message in game: unable to load texture [NewPromos32.dds]. I'm not sure how to fix this.
When I tried to load a game with EE in, the game wouldn't load in. Civ just stopped responding. I probably did something wrong with EE though, there might be some compatibility stuff I missed or something, I'm not sure.

NewPromos32.dds is a file from Promotion Flags EUI (v 1.1)
For now PFEUI and VPPI are not really compatible together. It's in my Todo list
I think the main problem is that VPPI take over PFEUI. It souldn't. That is due the mods loadind order.
You can partially fix that by renaming PFEUI something like <Name>zPromotion Flags EUI</Name>

@Wasteland_Wanderer: I updated Promotion Overhaul mod. VPPI seems to have solution to your problem. I suggest small update:
  • add Scouts ignore borders (posted compatible version), VPPI v1.4 and Promotion Overhaul v6
  • swap Meaningful City State Colours version to one I posted before (it has better colour diversification than default one)
  • add Trade Opportunities version compatible with VP I posted before.
    • instead of Global Relations you can use Info Addict which does not contain Trade Opportunities so there will be no conflict. Instead you would need to substitute some files.
I noticed some database.log errors. Checked MUCfVP and Historical Religions and they work fine. Both versions (simple and expanded checked - result the same):
Code:
[22655.057] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_KHAN, Unit, SV_GreatGeneral.dds, ).
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_01\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Mongol_Units.xml.
[22655.057] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.057] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR, Unit, SV_Conquistador.dds, ).
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_02\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC02_Units.xml.
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TERRACE_FARM, Improvement, SV_TerracedFarm.dds, ).
[22655.057] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_02\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC02_Improvements.xml.
[22655.073] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.073] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_POLYNESIAN_MAORI_WARRIOR, Unit, SV_Maori.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_03\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Polynesia_Units.xml.
[22655.073] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MOAI_STATUES, Improvement, SV_Moai.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_03\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Polynesia_Improvements.xml.
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_BERSERKER, Unit, SV_Berserker.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_04\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Denmark_Units.xml.
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_HADRIANS_WALL_1, Improvement, SV_HadriansWall.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_04\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Denmark_Improvements.xml.
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_HWACHA, Unit, SV_Hwacha.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_05\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC_Korea_Units.xml.
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO, Improvement, SV_Wajo.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_05\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Korea_Improvements.xml.
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_SUMERIAN_PHALANX, Unit, SV_Sumerian_Phalanx.dds, ).
[22655.073] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_06\StrategicView\SV_Units\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_WonderScenario.xml.
[22655.104] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.104] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.104] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_POLDER, Improvement, SV_Polder.dds, ).
[22655.104] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Improvements.xml.
[22655.104] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.120] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.120] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_COMPOSITE_BOWMAN, Unit, SV_CompositeBowman.dds, ).
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Units.xml.
[22655.120] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_ULURU, Feature, SV_Uluru.dds, ).
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Features.xml.
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_RESOURCE_TRUFFLES, Resource, SV_Truffles.dds, ).
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Resources.xml.
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_UNIT_SMOKEY_LANDSHIP_LEVEL_1, Unit, SV_LandIronclad.dds, ).
[22655.120] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_SmokySkies_Units.xml.
[22655.151] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[22655.151] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.151] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_FOUNTAIN_YOUTH, Feature, SV_Fountain_of_Youth.dds, ).
[22655.151] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Shared_Features.xml.
[22655.151] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[22655.151] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with  values (ART_DEF_RESOURCE_STONE, Resource, SV_Stone.dds, ).
[22655.151] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Shared_Resources.xml.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to make compatibility update for MUCfVP-EE today so this needs to wait. You mentioned error with EE. Which version EE did you use? I was using Infixo's one which do not need any compatibility updates to VP.

Even though modpack seems to work fine for now.

Last edited:
@Wasteland_Wanderer May I ask, how did you make quick turn compatible with the rest of the mods? and has anyone tried this modpack in multiplayer games yet?

Quick turn is my favourite mod but it's not compatible with multiplayer, so i never packed it in a modpack.

please have a wonderful day!

I tried both Modpacks you released.
First off, thanks for them! They allowed me to test the Expanded Wonders and 4UC mods, which are definitely worth a try.

Some questions/remarks/feedback:
- they do not seem to include EUI (the UI_bc folder) so I left the existing one I had; it seemed to work well (except, see below).
Is that the correct approach?

- with the 1st modpack (the lighter one), the Quick Movement option doesn't seem to work. Or rather, when I tick it it works, but then it stops working when pressing Next turn. Unfortunately that made it kinda unusable for me.

- with the 2nd modpack (the one with everything and the kitchen sink), things work well in the early game.
In the mid-to-late game, I run into freezes (probably the equivalent of a CTD in my setup - I run Civ V under wine, a Windows emulator, in MacOS). I don't know what could cause them - perhaps the fact that the mods consume too much memory? (I don't have this issue with the more standard modpacks created by Hosanah or pza).
The freeze doesn't happen after a reload-and-continue (but it may reoccur 5 turns later), so I don't think it's a mod incompatibility issue.

Also, the "2 units per tile" mod is interesting, but probably exploitative: I doubt the AI knows how to exploit it well. I haven't played a conquest game - only defensive wars - so I can't be 100% sure, but I have a strong suspicion.

Also, the "2 units per tile" mod is interesting, but probably exploitative: I doubt the AI knows how to exploit it well. I haven't played a conquest game - only defensive wars - so I can't be 100% sure, but I have a strong suspicion.
You have no idea how better AI are in 2 units per tile strategies than most players. AI uses the new limit really well, especially during war time and it makes splash promotion a better choice for siege units.

@Omen of Peace:
  • Yes I cna confirm that 2 UPT mod is for AI natural change. They stack their units, and what's more, they do not go crazy whne your unit stands in narrow passage, bacause they can move to the other side through your unit (i not at war with you of course).
  • If you want EUI juts instal standard VP 8-19. IT will create such folder in DLC folder and it will work with modpack put there. I did that and it work perfectly.
  • I played other games with many mods and multiplayer can be exploitable for CPU if played on big map. I have weak comp config so maximum I play is 6-8 player on multi and 8-10 on single. MUCfVP has many lua codes that can have impact on the quality of the game.
@NikMuazHakim: nice too see you after long time.

About the 2 units per tile, do the AIs stack only the units of the same type (as I have read somewhere long time ago) or do they actually stack a melee and a ranged unit, when it makes sense? If they do, then I would love to try out 1-tile-range archers.

They stack all military units. Its simple 3 line code. You can stack 2 archers, 2 melee, siege and archer whatever. Thats why it is so ai friendly.

They stack all military units. Its simple 3 line code. You can stack 2 archers, 2 melee, siege and archer whatever. Thats why it is so ai friendly.
That's good to hear, I never thought the AI would be able to use it meaningfully, I must give it a go next time I have a chance to play. I think I even tried the SuperPowers mod which also allows 2 units per tile long time ago and it only stacked units of the same type (I know, it uses a different AI logic, so I should not be applying it on VP).

My dream Civ5 mod is Civ5 + VP + 2 units per tile allowing exclusive stacking of different unit classes and having archers (and the following units) of range 1. You know, having a main melee unit defending a tile and an auxiliary 1-range archer as a support. And you would keep the 2-range siege units behind the front line. Now the archers and siege do not feel distinct enough to me. Do you think it is possible to add the condition of excluding the units of the same class from stacking?

Probably not possible in this century :]

That's good to hear, I never thought the AI would be able to use it meaningfully, I must give it a go next time I have a chance to play. I think I even tried the SuperPowers mod which also allows 2 units per tile long time ago and it only stacked units of the same type (I know, it uses a different AI logic, so I should not be applying it on VP).

In fact, having been a long-time player of the SuperPowers mod before becoming a VP player, I can give you some information on that side.

Since on of the goals of the SP mod was to allow an interesting 2 UpT system, different things were tested. Take what I say with a grain of salt (it's been a long time, and so I don't remember things exactly), but among these ideas, there were :
- Unit class type promotion, making each class of unit more or less vulnerable to certain types of attacks (for example, the Swordman line had a bonus against the Archer line and ranged attacks, but a malus against the Melee cavalry line)
- You were able to stack units of different types, and when two units were stacked and were attacked, it was the unit taking the less damage from the attack that was targeted by it. It allowed combinations of units to be more or less vulnerable to other combinations of units (for example, a Spear/Sword combination was the best to create a sturdy and polyvalent frontline, but its lack of mobility meant that it suffered against heavy fire of Archer and Siege units, which had could have the promotions described below)
- Some promotions were designed to break down combinations (ex. : a promotion that made the damage inflicted on the first unit also inflicted on the second => because of the "the resistant one defend" rule, it didn't mean a lot of damages, but it was often enough in the long run), while others, like some in VP, inflicted AoE damages.
- Some promotions were also designed to wear down units (allowing range attacks to negate the MP of units, others that created stackable negative promotions with defense malus on attacked units)

In the end, even if SP hasn't the same AI quality, nor the same amount of balance (in fact, the mod hasn't been updated for around two years), it has still brought a lot of very cool and interesting ideas concerning the 2 UpT system.

Last edited:
In the end, even if SP hasn't the same AI quality, nor the same amount of balance (in fact, the mod hasn't been updated for around two years), it has still brought a lot of very cool and interesting ideas concerning the 2 UpT system.
It would be cool to have a standalone mod for 2upt from SP! I did integrated SP with VP as a personal project before, but it didn't run smoothly for me.

and when i mean didn't run smoothly it means:
UI glitches for days
Whacky Super units
Missing promotions
Stupid autonomous cities
Long waiting time
and CTD every 20 turns

EDIT:
@Wasteland_Wanderer works well for now. I played a couple of turns to test it out. I can see that global relations mod uses Some old version of Trade Opportunities not compatible with VP. Here is version I made (I added Indonesian and Brazilian resources, and all new VP ones from More Luxury mod - it is complete version). It would be good to substitute it.
This updated Trade Opportunities deserves a spot in the Civiization 5 downloads just itself.

Edit: I see it ,nevermind. Thanks!

I added it to original thread of Trade Opportunities. If someone looks for it it is in one of the last posts :] If you want I can do separate download, but I need a word from original author of the mod (@whoward69). I only modified its code for VP.

Top Bottom