[Complex] (7-NS) brute force re-imagined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekamthi

Emperor
Brute force promotion always struck me as a bit of an odd, gamey feature the way it is available for free on some units and never on others. What does it represent, if we try to draw the RL abstraction? Some kind of expertise in countering non regular forces? Then why can't other units learn this expertise?

Proposal:

Remove brute force from all non-UU units that get it for free

Brute force is available to any unit that kills a Barbarian unit -- it must be earned

Brute force is lost on upgrade. It must be re-earned in each era

Seems unnecessarily complex to me.

Isn't it only unlocked at the extremely early game unit to reward you from not waiting to the next upgrade to train?

There are a few recon, naval, melee, & UU that get it. I just find it odd how haphazardly it appears on some and not others, it certainly isn't a big part of the game overall. I also enjoy when barbarians are a threat as much/more than they are a reward.

There are some gameplay decisions behind each instance, no doubt -- but we'll still cover those needs here, just more dynamically: if you need it, you can get it. Anyway barring any 11th hour angel sponsors, will look at modmod option for this; it should be pretty easy to do in lua really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom