A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

They've started doing shady things like bundling adware with "abandoned" projects and making it difficult for projects to leave. They've also slowly been pushing more and more advertising and "fake download links" (the sort of things that look like a download link for the project but are actually an advertisement of some kind) for the past few years.

Their behavior has become questionable enough that it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they were partly the problem, although I'd be a bit surprised that they would just corrupt an upload to their site.

Since the checksums clearly don't match, an alternative download link would probably help debug the problem, yeah. Perhaps Mega? I used to use WePlayCiv's download section as an alternate to CFC for files that were larger than the size limit here too.

Thanks TC01 I'll look into them this weekend.

A side question - I prefer to mod my Huge maps to grid sizes 64:40 when I can; even 'Huge' maps always seem claustrophobic to me. My computer has never complained about the larger sizes, even though it's an older beast, so it works for me. Is that possible in your mod, and if so, how would I do it (when downloads work as you intend, that is ^_^)? Would I just edit CIV4WorldInfo.xml as usual, or is there a different process?

Hi Parahacker, just in case you hadn't noticed the Babylon 5 maps in the mod are all double the size of the standard FF maps.

No luck, unfortunately; 7zip still can't extract the file ("unexpected end of data"). Getting the same SHA1 sum, too:

Code:
0fc10090ccaf577695df0912f91618e8d1ffa3d6  Babylon 5 V3.3.7z

So I guess Windows 10 or something on your system is corrupting the upload :(

No luck, unfortunately; 7zip still can't extract the file ("unexpected end of data"). Getting the same SHA1 sum, too:

Code:
0fc10090ccaf577695df0912f91618e8d1ffa3d6  Babylon 5 V3.3.7z

So I guess Windows 10 or something on your system is corrupting the upload :(

Thanks TC01, I'll try a few other zipping programmes and see what happens with them.

I have completed uploading 3.3 in a Win 10 zipped format which is substantially larger than the 7zip version on Mega. Here's the link for it.

Let me know if this one works.

I was able to extract this one (on a Linux box)! :)

The file seems okay, I was able to extract and start the game.
However, as soon as it was finished loading a new game it crashed and windows said it was looking for a solution.

Are there specific settings your supposed to use when starting a new game?

The file seems okay, I was able to extract and start the game.
However, as soon as it was finished loading a new game it crashed and windows said it was looking for a solution.

Are there specific settings your supposed to use when starting a new game?

Did you get a dump file from the crash?

Hello again!

I have the same problem as many:
The zipped file is corrupt and I can't extract it.
Using Windows 7.

-Mad

Downloaded and unzipped fine for me. Peazip didn't like it, but win 7 handled it just fine.

Played a game as G'kar; will post thoughts.

Hello again!

I have the same problem as many:
The zipped file is corrupt and I can't extract it.
Using Windows 7.

-Mad

Can you extract this?

Try using 7-zip to do so (it can open zips as well as more exotic file formats).

EDIT: Although I could open it with winzip too, on Windows.

If I start a new game with Babylon 3.3 I get a message every turn:

"Error in FinalFrontierGameUtils callback handler cannot construct"

I´m the only one with this problem?

Greetings John

P.S. Every game and with every civilisation start with 5018 points and i´am not able to build something, nore to generate food.

I'm a first time user of this great looking mod and I also get multiple "Error in FinalFrontierGameUtils callback handler.." messages with every turn.

No idea how or why it's happening but assumed I somehow installed the mod incorrectly.

Haven't seen any civs starting with "5018 points" though.

We can't rule out it being due to the influence of the Shadows...

If I start a new game with Babylon 3.3 I get a message every turn:

"Error in FinalFrontierGameUtils callback handler cannot construct"

I´m the only one with this problem?

Greetings John

P.S. Every game and with every civilisation start with 5018 points and i´am not able to build something, nore to generate food.

I'm a first time user of this great looking mod and I also get multiple "Error in FinalFrontierGameUtils callback handler.." messages with every turn.

No idea how or why it's happening but assumed I somehow installed the mod incorrectly.

Haven't seen any civs starting with "5018 points" though.

We can't rule out it being due to the influence of the Shadows...

Hmmm, two of you with the same issue!

OK, my first thought is that the last mod you played on Civ IV prior to the B5 mod is affecting the settings on the B5 mod, primary reason for this is the advanced start which I haven't ever used. Although I may now look at this and see what happens.

To correct this you need to load up the previous mod and then start a new game with all options Deselected. Soon as that has started, exit the game and then boot up the B5 Mod. All of the options should be deselected so go through putting ticks in the ones you want and then try starting up a new game.

Let me know how you get on.

thanks for the reply PsiCorps.

I've tried your suggestions but I'm till getting the errors, although they don't seem to affect the gameplay in any way.

Possible "User ID: 10T" error?
;)

Top Bottom