A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

Now that you've explained how the values work, I think I see them working as you described.

Still haven't been able to build the basic Whitestar ship though. They require the Fleet Shipyard building, but most races get a building with a different name in its place... the human Rocketdyne shipyard for example doesn't provide Whitestars. I've poked through the sevopedia, but haven't found any workarounds yet. ;) Is this an oversight, or is another trick that I've missed here?

Still haven't been able to build the basic Whitestar ship though. They require the Fleet Shipyard building, but most races get a building with a different name in its place... the human Rocketdyne shipyard for example doesn't provide Whitestars. I've poked through the sevopedia, but haven't found any workarounds yet. ;) Is this an oversight, or is another trick that I've missed here?

Ah. You've run into the issue that the unit building prereq (specified via the PrereqBuilding tag) is a building type, not a building class like it should have been.

This means that any UB version of a building removes the ability to build any unit that requires the original building. This is why FFP did not end up with some of the UBs I had originally thought of. There is no work-around except removing the UB or removing the building requirement from the unit and replacing it with some cannotConstruct python (or modifying the DLL to either make the PrereqBuilding tag take a building class instead of a type, or adding a new tag to take a building class as a prereq).

Yeah, I also encountered this problem in the mod
Btw, God-Emperor, what about the religious special buildings?
Isn't this solvable some way similar to how temples and monasteries work, with the given specialbuilding type being activeted with an appropriate tech?
Monateries are a prereq to all the missionaries after all..

Each missionary has as a PrereqBuilding the monastery building type of its own religion, so no.

There is another workaround I didn't mention (this time; it has come up before): the civ with the UB could also get a UU that requires the UB type instead of the regular building the UB replaces. The "UU" doesn't even need to be different in any other way, if you are just doing it let that civ build the unit again. Sadly, that is likely to mean duplicate ships in the 'pedia, but if they are identical then outside the 'pedia it would probably not be noticeable.

Each missionary has as a PrereqBuilding the monastery building type of its own religion, so no.

Oh, yeah, you are right of course
Silly me :blush:

There is another workaround I didn't mention (this time; it has come up before): the civ with the UB could also get a UU that requires the UB type instead of the regular building the UB replaces. The "UU" doesn't even need to be different in any other way, if you are just doing it let that civ build the unit again. Sadly, that is likely to mean duplicate ships in the 'pedia, but if they are identical then outside the 'pedia it would probably not be noticeable.

Also, you can disable civilopedia entries with a couple lines of python
So even the duplicated civilopedia entries shouldn't be a problem
At least we are doing this in RFCE for unneeded entries

Also, you can disable civilopedia entries with a couple lines of python
So even the duplicated civilopedia entries shouldn't be a problem
At least we are doing this in RFCE for unneeded entries

Funny thing...

This reminded me that it is already set up so you can have it ignore some things by setting bGraphicalOnly to 1. This should work for units: set the value and it does not show up in the 'pedia. I should have remembered this since I modified FFP to make it work for more types of things than it had been via a small change in SevoPediaMain.py.

A problem with this is that it could be a little confusing since the one you can actually build may not be listed, which you can notice if you look at the prereqs for the type you can see and realize that you don't get the specific building that is required.

Hello everyone!,

Its been awhile since I posted anything here (or anywhere else in the forums for that matter).

This unit I've been making for ages but never got the time to finish it and get it game ready, but finally, here it is, a destroyer for the Cascor:

Cascor Qoricc class Destroyer

Animation: FF Destroyer
Poly Count: 1148
FX Extra Polys: 20
Gloss/Glow/Damaged: Yes/yes/yes

Civilopedia:

Combat:

Damaged:

Hope you like it.

:salute:

Wow, looks awesome! :goodjob:
Glad to see you are back to, Premier Valle :)

Exellent mod, but when i tryed to play, i encountered a problem : starting cities had no star systems under them (no planets). When i tryed to build something i got message : "error in FinalFrontierGameUtils callback handler cannotConstruct ". Sorry for my English

Here i got some screenshots of the bug i wrote:
Just after game starts
Spoiler :
Start1.jpg

Inside Sol system
Spoiler :
Inside Sol system.jpg

Exiting Sol system
Spoiler :
Back from Sol system interior.jpg

Got the same bug with other races
Please help me with this bug, cause it's unable to play with it :(
I'm using Windows Vista x64,
3.19 Beyond the Sword

I have no such bug when i'm playing FFP 1.83

You probably have something, most likely the BUG mod, installed in your custom assets. Go to where you have installed Babylon 5, open the mod's .ini file ("Babylon 5 V3.1.ini", or something like that) and change the setting "NoCustomAssets" from 0 to 1.

Another possibility, maybe, is that you have installed B5 into the My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS folder. It shouldn't be there, it should be under where BtS is actually installed in the same folder as the mods that came with BtS. Move the entire thing over there. Apparently no mod that requires it's own Resources folder will work in the other location, and B5 (and all Final Frontier based mods) have a Resources folder.

I can't think of any other possibilities at the moment, although there might be one or more.

Unfortunately I can't be of much help at the moment. I am unable, I think because my office package didn't get ported over when I upgraded to Win7, to open the files you've attached. In addition to which I am not very good at fault diagnosis with the Mod.

Ok, anyway thanks for the attempt. May be it's all in older version of FFP, that you used as basis for B5? Or may be something wrong in my BtS (but i reinstalled it several times from different sources). I'll wait for the next version, may be it will work fine on my system.

B5 is actually a pretty up to date version of FFP - it has most of the things from 1.82/1.83 (it got some of the changes months before FFP 1.82 came out)

THe entire problem arises from the error reported in these two lines of your Python.DBG.log file:
Code:
10:52:07 TRACE: BugConfig - failure parsing D:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Babylon 5 V3.1\Assets\Config\Final Frontier Plus.xml at line 8
10:52:07 TRACE: (2, '')
I have no idea what could be going wrong with that line of that file as it is a standard BUG "event"s tag. It's the line that loads the FFP event handlers, which is why very little works the way it should and the star systems don't show up (they are placed via Python in the handler for the "update" event).

You wouldn't happen to be missing the FinalFrontierEents.py file from the mod's Assets/Python folder, would you? Note that this does not the "Cv" prefix on the file name.

On the off chance it's off by a line, how about the FinalFrontierGameUtils.py file?

I have both files in Assets/Python folder
This is what i have in Assets/Python folder
Spoiler :

[BUFFY]
[BUG]
[Contrib]
[EntryPoints]
[INIParser]
[pyHelper]
[pyWB]
[Screens]
CvAI.py
FinalFrontierGameUtils.py
FinalFrontierEvents.py
CvGameUtils.py
CvAdvisorUtils.py
CvSolarSystem.py
FFMapscriptCore.py
CvUtil.py

Is it normal you can't move certain units outside your borders? Or is this merely the case until...? Any recommended game speed, considering there are a lot more turns? Are there any scenarios? If yes, the game crashes when you select the scenario option in the main menu. What's the difference between the B5 map scripts and the regular space map scripts? And is there anything else you're supposed to know as a new player?

Is it normal you can't move certain units outside your borders? Or is this merely the case until...? Any recommended game speed, considering there are a lot more turns? Are there any scenarios? If yes, the game crashes when you select the scenario option in the main menu. What's the difference between the B5 map scripts and the regular space map scripts? And is there anything else you're supposed to know as a new player?

For the unit problem: from what I've figured, this is normal. The tech Interplanetary Missiles allows you to move them outside your borders.

I've been playing the mod for some time as Humans for quite a few games now.

In case this is still worked on, I thought I'd give some feedback.

Version 3.1.

1. The food bonus from Human Communities/food processor/whatever is slightly too high. It tends to cause huge growth, especially in larger empires and more developed planets. I suggest each value is dropped to 5% for each resource.

2. AI tends to be VERY reluctant to colonize in the games I've played. Colony ships seem to be too expensive? Also, I don't remember seeing the AI build any combat ship other than the defense satellite, even when tech approaches Vortex Generation.

3. Ship speeds are the same. It just doesn't feel right to have heavy ships moving all fine with scouts. Maybe buff lighter ships and nerf heavier ships slightly?

4. Building bonuses compared to the maintenance penalty seem quite weak. Do I really want that 5% extra production for 5% extra maintenance? Probably not. That being said, maintenance-decreasing buildings are too few.

5. Fighters and Bombers are weird pair. It ends up with fighters being planetary ships, while carrier limitations make bombers only choice for them. Bombers are equally strong in combat, but they're more expensive, have shorter range and have worse interception %s. I don't understand the reasoning of this.

That's all I can remember right now :p

Top Bottom