A Cold War for this Cold Winter... Multiplayer Game

Air strikes on Mandalay destroys multiple units and field artillery, remaining rebel forces destroyed near Montevideo.

Attachments

• 1960decProWest.zip
    127.1 KB · Views: 39
2 missiles destroys 2 tanks in Pyongyang.
Revolutionary movements start in South America and Central Africa.

Guerrilla Recruitment has been added. Pro East, Pro West, India and China are eligible. Requires fortified revolutionary or nationalist near enemy city.

I also made Rocket Research 1 giftable. Let me know if this should be reversed. I haven't given away Rocket Research I yet, but I'll probably do so soon.

Edit: The zip file for the modification also contains the MP version of events as events.lua, so you shouldn't need to re-run the batch file.

Attachments

• 1961aprProEast.hot.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 39
  • ColdWarGuerrillaRecruit.zip
    422.4 KB · Views: 40
upload_2021-5-25_17-17-10.png

Attachments

• 1961aprChina.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 37
Just an FYI - the MP events had an error in it. I've fixed it and attach the fix. I ran the batch file and discovered it. I'll play shortly.

Attachments

• EventsFix5-25.zip
    434 KB · Views: 38
President Kennedy has inherited quite a mess with South America exploding and all attempts to stabilize Southeast Asia defeated. However, he quickly orders air strikes in Columbia supported by USS Ticonderoga and USS Crown Point (our newest AEGIS cruisers). With the help of local governments, many rebels (but not all) are destroyed. Efforts are made to concentrate on the rabble rousers attempting to fortify their position. Brazil is vast so we can't attack everything.

Attachments

• 1961aprProWest.zip
    127.3 KB · Views: 38
Can you load up a single player game and print out the error? After I made the change this worked for me.

Whenever you have an issue with lua you can open up the console by entering cheat mode and then pressing ctrl + shift + f3. This box will pop up, but with error text (mine is blank as there is no error). You can copy and paste that error here so we can see what is up/why you're getting the issue.

upload_2021-5-25_17-32-48.png

I just want to confirm that you downloaded the events I uploaded and didn't accidentally download Garfield's which had a tiny error. The events are working fine for me but knowing what is printed here will help us help you.

Welcome to the TOTPP Lua console.
Running Lua 5.3.1 Copyright (C) 1994-2015 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

Keyboard shortcuts:
Ctrl-F1: Prints this help text
Ctrl-F2: Aborts running script
Ctrl-F5: Reruns last script
Up/Down: Scrolls input history

The Cold War 1947-1991
By John Petroski
Requires TOTPP v. 15.1 or higher
...croprose\Test of Time\Scenarios\Cold War 1947\events.lua:63: module 'guerrillaCW' not found:
no field package.preload['guerrillaCW']
no file 'C:\Games\Microprose\Test of Time\Scenarios\Cold War 1947\guerrillaCW.lua'
no file 'C:\Games\Microprose\Test of Time\guerrillaCW.dll'
no file 'C:\Games\Microprose\Test of Time\..\lib\lua\5.3\guerrillaCW.dll'
no file 'C:\Games\Microprose\Test of Time\loadall.dll'
no file '.\guerrillaCW.dll'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
...croprose\Test of Time\Scenarios\Cold War 1947\events.lua:63: in main chunk

@techumseh

Download the zip file I attached above. There was a new file, and a couple to be replaced. @JPetroski's download only includes some of them (since I didn't test with the batch file and apparently screwed up a cut and paste; this is why I hate working with multiple versions of the same thing...). Download and extract the files I provided, then extract the ones JP provided afterward.

@Prof. Garfield is the .dll indicative that the changes you made were with the latest ToTPP version and perhaps Tech hasn't installed it?

I did assume TOTPP 16 for this version, but the error doesn't indicate that. The .dll stuff are just different file names that the Lua Interpreter thinks might correspond to "guerrillaCW".

Maybe it is best we take a break for a couple days, and I'll prepare the 'pending' changes. The overland weapon purchases is nearly ready (it has been for a while, but I got distracted), so I can finish that up and add it in. Someone suggested a "coup" mechanic, so if we can work out a good mechanism for that, I can add it in too. Is there anything else that was discussed but not implemented yet?

Top Bottom