A Couple Flavor Things About UHVs

fdrpi

Prince
1. It would be a nice if there were notifications for accomplishing historical victory conditions, as with failing them. It'd just be a nice little bit of helpful UI.

2. I've been feeling that something should happen when you complete your first UHV condition. I was thinking something like +1 pop to all cities, representing peoples coming to live in your awesome civilization. Two triggers a golden age, and at 3 you win.

*3. There is no victory cinematic or equivalent for UHVs. I propose each civ gets a short blurb describing their accomplishments, putting them in context, maybe explaining them a little, all with a triumphant feel. I'll post a couple samples here in the near future. Feel free to edit and use them (though credit would be nice).

4. Now that I think about it, #1-3 should also apply to URVs.

I concur that achieving the first UH/RV is underwhelming.

A small pop up message congratulating the player on the achievement and encouraging him/her to continue with the second would be appreciated (by me) and might suffice.

Alternatively (also to the suggestion fdrpi made) half a golden age (golden age for half the duration of a normal golden age) could be given upon completion of the first UHV.

But there is no bonus for completing 1/3rd or 2/3rd of the cultural victory. For me all these small bonuses seem a bit unnecessary, making the game more complex for a small gain. If anything, it should be UHV related, not URV related. After all, the UHVs are signs that the specific civ is doing well, hence the golden age. The URV means that the civ serves its religion well. I think 1 and 3 are nice ideas though.

Top Bottom