A couple of Noob (forgetful) questions

GenericKen

Not at all suspicious
Hey. I was scouring over over the FAQs, tutorials, wikis, and API definitions, and I'm having trouble finding some basic information about Civ's modding support.

1) What's the "timeline" for when different parts of the SDK are getting released? It was nice to get GameCoreDLL, are we going to get more?

2) What exactly is the difference between "Cy" and "Cv" soruce files?

3) Is it just me, or does the limited exposure of game code seem to try to steer moders more towards content modification than towards basic logic fixes (like the combat calculator)? Given that modders are prevented from even modding the splash screen, I have difficulty imagining a total conversion of any sort that wasn't firmly planted in Civ's base rules.

I was personally hoping to dive into the code for an hour and tweak the zooming behavior of the mousewheel, but CvCameraControls doesn't seem to be tied to any controls I could find in the game, and CyCamera isn't exposed at all.

In theory I could just grab and handle the event, but I'm not sure which layer the event should catch on, and I didn't see an enum defined for mouseWheel. Am I just missing something really obvious?

I am far short of an expert, but I'm pretty sure that the Cy files are links to the python code. Likewise, I think that pretty much all of the interface is driven through python. You might want to check that.

As for the combat logic, there's a lot of it in CvUnit.cpp. Some of the things that I'd like to do eventually, like having combat not always be to the death, should be possible just messing with it. What do you want to do?

(sitting down, letting the more experienced folks correct me);)

Top Bottom