A Democracy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I'll number them starting with 1 being the captial region, so yes.

Well ,let's call it provinces. (and by the way ,let's all vote on how to name those province's ,just for the sentimentel value)
(city names i would propose to name after the founding father's that settle the city's ,or let it be decided by the Exploration/Expansion Leader department)

Spy ,i would avice you to search a system of how to give certain power's to youre gouvernor's.As to: How much gouvernors will you appoin? (if you appoint them ,or the people?)
Over how much city's does a gouvernor get power ,and what exactly is the scope of his power. (decissions?)
You might give that central region to a key person ,because the center city's will probably be the most inportant (wonder building) city's ,so maybe Planning leader's may later give this region by default to their deputy.(for now to Adamsj afcourse)

Well for now it's decided on 8 people on one department.Some department's may need some expansion.Like with the City planning department ,We may decide on a number of gouverners. :) (and afcourse some deputy gouvernors :crazyeyes )

everybody that need's info: check cornmaster's reply's on the first page of this thread ,somewhere in the middle of the first thread you can find all the info)

i think before the game starts, u post a new thread and say exactly who is where, if u know what i mean, like if i am in the diplo dept. or if im in sumhin else like military dept.

i couldn´t resist goodyhut´s compliments.:lol:

i would like to be a gouverner of a city too, if it´s possible.

i think before the game starts, u post a new thread and say exactly who is where, if u know what i mean, like if i am in the diplo dept. or if im in sumhin else like military dept.

No prob. I'll start numerous thread in the begining ,and afcourse a general explenation thread will be posted (and prob be made sticky)
I will advice my leaders to post a planning thread for their goals.i counting on it that most of the dicision are made before the actual action.They'll have to break u pte various dissicion's in poll's (as a far as the function/job/situation allow's that).As thus i suggest that the Citty planning department construct's short term queue's (so i don't have to hold a poll when at the end of the turn a message comes up that a city construction queue is empty.The same goes for the Science department ,i suggest they would alway's think of the 2 next following tech's to research.(since a tech may come out of a goody hut just before i end the turn when research ends)

About the millitary part ,i suggest we let the millitary leader play that actual part ,since warfare is something that need's some feel.We can hold poll's on general movement ,but further attack's are sometime's a decission of the cualsualty's in that mass attack.
holding a poll about the use of every unit in the midst of that turn seems a bit to much for me.

and yes Witchfinder you can still join (and maybe aim for a special function)

i'll probably run a state media thread to ,kinda like a state magazine ,extra complimenting the glorios decission's of our integer goverment ,Discussing the other various event's in the nation ,and givving some inside information ;) .let's see what my information leader think's of this ,possibly we could work toghther on this (to give it some style ;) ) (and to let my information officer possibly enforce some propaganda & censorship ;) )

*** <--This shall indicate that I am 'in character' I suggest that we all start doing this. However it is just my way of increasing my enjoyment.

I have accepted the offer to be SpyCatcher's deputy in the City Planning Department. I promise to faithfully serve the will of the people in this office and to do my utmost to grow our cities and provide for the common welfare and defense of their inhabitants. I am confident that under the benign leadership of SpyCatcher, El Duck, and the other cabinent members our new nation shall grow and prosper in this fine world.

As to the proposal of citizin's ,i propose we house them on the provincial state level.We might have a way to large number of city's in comparison to citizin's ,if we do it per state/province we'll have like 10 people in every province. (if we have like five province's ,each citizin monitoring a number of city's) citizin's could still emmigrate to other region's.(like having 15 people in youre center province ,7 to 8 villigar's in other region's)
We could maybe give the vote'rs/citizin's in that region special voting right's concerning their region ,and add them to the vote's on the national level, but only for a certain pecentage of the vote's (like 50% decission for the regional level ,50% on the national level (so that 15 people on the regional level have the same voting wheight as the 8 people in the planning department ,or other percentage's.(oppinion's? :) )
So then every voter would have to chose a region to live in.If we play with more than 50 people ,we might think of actaully placing people per city (and maybe promoting mayor's (to be vote'd by the citizin's of that city).
And what do you think of voting gouvernors by the people of that region?

if this works out good, firaxis have to build in functions to support this kind of gaming. this can be really big. and imaging the mp scenario wars against apolyton...:jump:

well, that´s dreaming. we have to focus on this task first.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
Well for now it's decided on 8 people on one department.Some department's may need some expansion.

Whoa.....hold on now. There aren't 8 people in a department. Just the department head. Everyone else is just a citizen. Who votes in all the elections. The Department heads post polls and ask for opinions and decisions. The department heads just coordinates this info and presents it to the President. Deputy leaders could be considered part of the department, but they will not be reloacated to the Capital.

The Cabinet consists of the 6 department heads, President and Information Officer. Unless that's what you meant. Basically it's the ruling body.

I've also created a back-up forum incase CFC goes down. Its not pretty...and has pop-ups galore (so have your pop-up killers turned on) but it will suffice in time of emerengece.

Now Fayadi. There is no Defence Secatary. But I can make you deputy Military Leader.

Now....If we are at war with the Zulus (for example) the military and Diplomacy leaders could host polls that say if they take our city, would we offer peace? Or keep fighting? What about with incentives? (Like tech or gold)
Thes would be made before the president takes his turn, and would give him direction incase they DO offer it.

For peaceful nations the Diplomacy officer may host a pool that asks if the Germans provoke us into war, will we go? (By provoke I mean sneak attack, sabatoge, bribe, theift, etc...) They we would vote Yes/No and the President would know what to do in that event. If we say yes and the threat is there....the Military leader might post a poll about beeging up cities near the German border.

All these types of decisions should be made BEFORE they happen. So the President doesn't have to think on his feet in the middle of the turn.

Like first turn for example. After the Expansion officer sees the map, he would post a poll about what unit, and where they should explore. North/South/ East/ West, based on the map. In the following turns, this is where the president has to explore.

Stuff like this is what I wanted the polls to contain. Later in the game when war is paramount, then we can get into specific units moves.

Now it's informations officer duty to get all info gathered about the turn and place it in a post so the president can just look there and see what to do in virtually all contingencies. (Big job for me. ;))

I hope this clarifies things a little.

I believe I already posted, but I'm in too. Can/Will there be one or more 'Dutch' regions? I'd like to have a city called Amsterdam ya know, or othjerwise Ajax. :p

And wouldn't it be wise to let the president have somewhat more power in the early stage, so the government won't have to discuss which directin the worker choses?

imaging the mp scenario wars against apolyton...

Who know's.Maybe somebody here with some name and swing in the Poly forum's can post at thread there asking if they want to build there own Democratic team game.We can still play this in multiplayer ,they would just get another civ on the map.:crazyeyes (poly should made there preperation's for this though) (but they have a lot of user's/potential player's)
As to our own site; we might reach (once we have ran the announcement's and most poster's here are informed of it) a total of 100 member's (i could only hope though) and just start with 2 civfanatic civ's. (note: 1 we would definitly need civII for this 2: we would need a lot of planning to get the save game arround in one day, probably even not possible)

But that would even ad ten level's of extra cool. :cool:
I can see my Diplomacy leader going into a diplomatic frenzy with a diplomat of Apolyton.:lol:
More than one collictive of 50 people batteling eachother ,it would be rich.

Or users trying to get a username on the other boards and trying to get a person in a important function so he could read the info in the threads related to that function ,passing it out as a true forum spy (or double spy) :crazyeyes

Diplomatic game's in mp :) ,should be a real challenge

Whoa.....hold on now. There aren't 8 people in a department. Just the department head. Everyone else is just a citizen.

Oops ,litle mistake

This looks like a really fascinating concept. In fact, even as I post, I can see a web-based strategy game forming in my head!

Anyway, I'd like to appoint myself as a civilian paparazzi. Any cabinet ministers who want to influence public votes can contact me directly with cash bribes :)

Which forum will we be using for discussion?

El Duck, while I am as intrigued as you are with the concept of MP for this, we may need to walk before we run. There are bound to be wrinkles and bumps along the way. In single player we can resolve them in a more fair and partial manner than if we are in a 'friendly' competition with another site. If nothing else, we need to have a detailed plan put together of our government structure. (Of course, now that I think about it, other groups could set up their own government structure maybe.

Anyway, I would say we should run at least a test SP game for a little while before branching out into MP.

i concur knowltok ,my post were just some idea's.At first let's begin with what we have for the moment.Later we can think of beating the ass out of those poly users's. :
:soldier: :tank: :tank: :hammer: :tank: :tank::soldier:

i still think we should inform the guy's. So they can experiment a bit themself with the idea.Making them prepared for a future mp game.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
i concur knowltok ,my post were just some idea's.At first let's begin with what we have for the moment.Later we can think of beating the ass out of poly users's. :
:soldier: :tank: :tank: :hammer: :tank: :tank::soldier:

Remember...'poly already tried this once...and they couldn't make it work.

If we do...it could be a monumental occasion. :D

Remember...'poly already tried this once...and they couldn't make it work.

Yes ,but maybe they hadn the support of a fine moderator building practical consecncusses about the rule's of the game. :)

If we do...it could be a monumental occasion.

We might inform Firaxis about it then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom