A few small details

Tielby

Prince
Please forgive me if these are MNAI issues and not "vanilla" FfH2+patchO. I'm using MNAI, but I think these same issues exist in the vanilla version. Bear in mind, these are minor issues.

First, I'm getting an extra message each time one of my ravenous werewolves is killed, that my slave or worker was killed too. It doesn't track that my werewolves (it's happened at least 4 times) had just captured an enemy slave or worker before being killed by an enemy unit, because there is no message that I have captured and the werewolves were still ravenous, not blooded, when killed. It's just an extra line of text, but weird.

Second, any idea how one of my skeletons has the demonic trait rather than the undead trait? Personally, I think it's awesome, and I'm desperately trying to level it up, just for the novelty, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it happened. I'm not playing Infernals, they haven't entered the world even, I'm not Ashen Veil and I don't think I captured it somehow.

The last is a question, mostly. The Resurrection spell says it has to be cast in a graveyard. I seem to recall people saying it was cast on a Life node or something. Is the in-game text wrong? If it's correct, that is ridiculously restrictive. It's impossible to learn the Resurrection spell until late in the game, and the AI, as far as I've seen, immediately pillages graveyards whenever they end their turn on one. Barring the event that creates one near your city, it is impossible for a graveyard to have survived into the late game. My vague memory of people discussing the spell using a Life node includes people complaining about destroying a precious mana node, but at least it would still be POSSIBLE to use the spell that way.

Any help? Bueller... Bueller...

Please forgive me if these are MNAI issues and not "vanilla" FfH2+patchO. I'm using MNAI, but I think these same issues exist in the vanilla version. Bear in mind, these are minor issues.

First, I'm getting an extra message each time one of my ravenous werewolves is killed, that my slave or worker was killed too. It doesn't track that my werewolves (it's happened at least 4 times) had just captured an enemy slave or worker before being killed by an enemy unit, because there is no message that I have captured and the werewolves were still ravenous, not blooded, when killed. It's just an extra line of text, but weird.

Second, any idea how one of my skeletons has the demonic trait rather than the undead trait? Personally, I think it's awesome, and I'm desperately trying to level it up, just for the novelty, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it happened. I'm not playing Infernals, they haven't entered the world even, I'm not Ashen Veil and I don't think I captured it somehow.

The last is a question, mostly. The Resurrection spell says it has to be cast in a graveyard. I seem to recall people saying it was cast on a Life node or something. Is the in-game text wrong? If it's correct, that is ridiculously restrictive. It's impossible to learn the Resurrection spell until late in the game, and the AI, as far as I've seen, immediately pillages graveyards whenever they end their turn on one. Barring the event that creates one near your city, it is impossible for a graveyard to have survived into the late game. My vague memory of people discussing the spell using a Life node includes people complaining about destroying a precious mana node, but at least it would still be POSSIBLE to use the spell that way.

Any help? Bueller... Bueller...

For question 2, there's a lair event that turns exploring unit into demon. There might also be some weird interaction with the infernal skeleton units, but it's unlikely

For question 3, If it is as i remember in base ffh, resurrection is divided in two. One part is for resurrecting your hero and can be cast anywhere, and one part can only be cast on graveyards and gives you a couple of champions.

For question 2, there's a lair event that turns exploring unit into demon. There might also be some weird interaction with the infernal skeleton units, but it's unlikely

For question 3, If it is as i remember in base ffh, resurrection is divided in two. One part is for resurrecting your hero and can be cast anywhere, and one part can only be cast on graveyards and gives you a couple of champions.

You were right about Resurrection. I saw two descriptions and thought they were the same info repeated by mistake. Must remember to read more carefully. :blush: However, Resurrection being a late-game spell AND having to use it in a graveyard AND only getting champions just doesn't make sense. In your modmod(mod?), have you made any changes to it?

You were right about Resurrection. I saw two descriptions and thought they were the same info repeated by mistake. Must remember to read more carefully. :blush: However, Resurrection being a late-game spell AND having to use it in a graveyard AND only getting champions just doesn't make sense. In your modmod(mod?), have you made any changes to it?
First things first, modmodmod (potentially modmodmodmod if you consider that AoE is a sub mod of RifE and not a follow up) ^^

More seriously, i haven't touched the graveyard one yet, mostly because i don't consider it to be the main interest of the spell. I have half a mind to just cut it.

I did touch the hero-resurrecting part though, which now applies to any "living" hero that you had and who died, and not only to the civ hero. It can also apply to non-hero units that gain certain promotions. Those are either available through exploration or the Elohim soul-catcher promotion. It comes from a piece of lore you can find in the Against the Grey scenario, in which you learn that important people of the elohim are followed by a couple of Spirit mages that prevent the soul of the VIP to leave Erebus when the VIP is killed. I'll probably extend it to anyone with spirit access soon.

There are other exceptions that i introduced at the same point through the underworld systems. For example, you cannot resurrect a hero killed with the Sidar netherblade, at least not until the blade is destroyed.

...you cannot resurrect a hero killed with the Sidar netherblade, at least not until the blade is destroyed.

Right, I was thinking that a soul trapped in the Nether Blade would be a special case. Nice evolution of the Resurrection spell! But when you put "living" in quotations, which heroes don't fit that description? Mardero? Barnaxus? (That one already has a resurrection-type mechanic anyway.) Brigit? Basium/Hyborem? Yvain? The War Machine? Mithril Golem? Black Wind?
I can see how it'd be overpowered to be able to resurrect Hyborem or Basium, but not at all overpowered to be able to get the War Machine or Black Wind, as they're sort of limited in function anyway. The rest are somewhere in between, I guess.

Just thoughts.

it's a matter of consistency more than balance. Angels, undead and machines aren't living creatures, so it doesn't make much sense for them to use the classic resurrection. (I'd be open to adding something similar to barnaxus for the war machine and there is a lore thing that i might implement for the angels, but it's totally unbalanced so it'll only be a challenge option ^^)

Top Bottom