• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A New Dawn Beta Builds

Keeps crashing due to video card memory. I have a nividia 8800 GT which runs games like fallout 3 and oblivion perfectly. Is civ 4 with this mod that intensive or is there something else going on?

I just wanna have the possibility to simulate it - plus we could provide the CIV5 designers some long-term experience - although not for hexes. As "limited stacks" would be a custom game checkable option nobody would be forced to play with it.

One thing I wonder about would be if the AI still would build units although they could only put them on a tile not near to the front as the front tiles would already be filled by max stacks...

Sorry didn't mean to come off all assy. OPtions are good, I just question the usefulness since the AI can't really weigh the usefulness of their limited stacks, multiplayer may be a better test for this.

Keeps crashing due to video card memory. I have a nividia 8800 GT which runs games like fallout 3 and oblivion perfectly. Is civ 4 with this mod that intensive or is there something else going on?

How much RAM do you have?

Chose religions and limited religions are still not working, just as a reminder so that you do not forget.

It appears that RevDCM has decided to remove the Chose Religions option completely, and Limited Religions is broken in it too ATM; so there isn't a lot I can do about it. :(

Aff, how to show the date back
I use ctrl alt o, but there are too many option there
which one?
And i always think AND never pushed people to play with an option that they don't like :p

You forgot to answer my question:p
Which option should i tick to show the date?
:crazyeye:

There is another way also, if you only want the date/Golden age to show up every now and then is to just check the Alternative one. That way the Golden age will be there when you need it.

Please don't let it get you down -- there will always be idiots that simply are too lazy to read or don't realize what it takes to do what you do. I for one (and many others)are very grateful for where you have already taken a fine mod, and look forward to any direction you want to take this. You don't owe me, them or anyone else an explanation -- and quite frankly, they/we owe you our gratitude.

BTW, the Ruthless AI freaking rules. I had simulated into the early industrial age and decided to take a crack at fighting a war that I started. My normal tactics of go with the big stack of death, find a decisive battle to fight, win and then eliminate all resistance started well.....the AI was much much more adept at attacking me at my weakpoints instead of at my strengths -- so by the time I got ready for my decisive battle, I could no longer guarantee victory as I had to hold back a lot of units against their strategic counterattacks. I felt like I was fighting a real person instead of the CPU -- that has long since needed to be in play. Anyway, :goodjob:

I'm through half a game with Beta 12 and Ruthless AI with 15 Civs and I must congratulate you. Not a single bug encountered and the AI rocks. This is the sweaty palms playing I've been hoping for in strategy games for ages. I'm playing Monarch level and I have my hands full. Why hasn't it been done before? Truly amazing. I hope Civ 5 has something like it.

I realize that. I tweaked a bunch of the new slower growth AI code to only work with Revolutions. That's what I meant when I said I would revisit it. ;)

The file dl is working for me... Are other sourceforge downloads working for you?

Yeah... I guess I could. It would be pretty hacky, the AI would not understand it, but yes... Not sure why you want it, I think tile restrictions are silly. These are like 20 square mile areas, we can fit tons of troops on them...

I know, this bug was just a case of me cutting out too much code when I updated Fixed Borders. If you read the to do list, you'll see it already been fixed.

The reason I asked for one unit/one tile is because that's what we are getting in Civ 5. I think it would be nice to be able to play that way before it is introduced in the fall. I agree with you that it is silly, but Firaxis has other ideas. It would be nice to try it and see.

Just loaded a game up and it works too. It's a global define. -1 means unlimited units on a tile, a positive value is the Max number of units per tile, so you can set it to 1, or 2 or 10 or whatever....

Thanks Afforess. I hadn't read this message. I feel, like you that it will be a failure but I will give it a try.

The reason I asked for one unit/one tile is because that's what we are getting in Civ 5. I think it would be nice to be able to play that way before it is introduced in the fall. I agree with you that it is silly, but Firaxis has other ideas. It would be nice to try it and see.
You could try it, but I think you'll find that it takes tweaking of the way combat works and the way unit strengths and weaknesses are modelled, and probably more. It will in other words take much more than just one unit per tile to get this to work. And we don't know how Firaxis plan to make it work.

It appears that RevDCM has decided to remove the Chose Religions option completely, and Limited Religions is broken in it too ATM; so there isn't a lot I can do about it. :(

Ah, sad, chose religions was great, but limited religions were not only great but also had significant importance with revolutions, at least in our team games. Without limited religions most AI teams never get a single religion and thus are sooner or later absorbed by civil wars when they get large enough. Before federal and other high stability civics religion is the only option to support larger empires. Lack of limited religion also makes religion victory quite easy to achieve as you have to fight two religions top, the rest are your own and they are easy to purge when needed. Sad.

Ah, sad, chose religions was great, but limited religions were not only great but also had significant importance with revolutions, at least in our team games. Without limited religions most AI teams never get a single religion and thus are sooner or later absorbed by civil wars when they get large enough. Before federal and other high stability civics religion is the only option to support larger empires. Lack of limited religion also makes religion victory quite easy to achieve as you have to fight two religions top, the rest are your own and they are easy to purge when needed. Sad.

I like Limited Religions also, but since we cannot have it, I would eliminate the Religious Victory. Or if not eliminate it, simply don't use it. RoM/AND is about so much more than religion. It seems somewhat shallow that you can win the game by simply manipulating shrines and missionaries.

@Alorente:

Well, I don't usually win the RV but still multiple religions were one of the most annoying things in Civ for me. If I could develop Confucianism and Judaism in one city (which is usually not a hard thing to do) I could easily have the slider on 90%-100% until late modern era because +1 gold per city from the wonder multiplied by central bank and wallstreet (now national wonders) does not care if you have a state religion. If during that time I made hinduism, zoroastranism and whatever else, Great Religion Buldings not being great wonders I could really care less for GPT. That's why I liked limited - didn't limit research, I could have only one, CPUs had their religion and I wasn't the only 15+ cities on large map empire that hasn't fallen apart yet. That's why I will always miss limited religions, not only because of RV which as you said is quite shallow.

But you're right; I've still had more complaints about the date than I've had about hiding it. ;)

On the other hand, after the tech cost tweaks you did in beta11 I'm seeing eras line up close enough to the actual dates. Still in the industrial era though.

There is a multyplayer install on that new beta.
What are the component that will NOT install ?

Thanks Aff, cause you will never get enough of it !!!

Top Bottom