A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure

Sorry guys, I discovered some issues in this last version too, so I quit!

Thanks for your attention and dedication!

Hope to play some pbem games with all of you!

I'm very sorry, Phylhom, you must feel disappointed... :(

Can you give us a hint on what you found wrong with this newer version?

And... don't you wanna try to settle a new pbem idea? I know you were excited to play the RoM mod, but maybe there's some other setting for options/scenario/mod that could bring a bit of the multiplayer experience you were looking for.

After all, you did get a lot of attention around here (10-11 interested players? Come on!), so why waste it? But it's just a suggestion...

Feel free to reach me if you got any new ideas!

I agree, its a very cool mod, a totally different experience than regular BTS. Thanks for all the efforts and if you decide to give it another try at a later point let me know, I will still be interested.

Ok friends! You gave me a new life! I am honored by this! I will continue trying to set the pbem. I will perform some tests and later I inform you!

Ok friends! You gave me a new life! I am honored by this! I will continue trying to set the pbem. I will perform some tests and later I inform you!

Yeah thanks for all your work on this. It's a great mod and I suppose in the meantime I'll play Single player.

I am not an IT person at all but I noted that when we were starting Rhye's and Fall games, I tried it out first as SP. So when the pbem started, I tried my original download menu which offered the multiplayer option but it wouldn't work.

So I had to download the Rhye's and Fall MP version. My naïve question is has ROM New Dawn actually been adapted for MP.

Civvers, good news again!!!

I set a pbem with the mod and, as before, the game runned ok on my two notebooks. But, this time, I could to test it on a third notebook (Kruver's notebook) and after perform the procedure described below, Kruver could to play the saved file that I sent to him, normally, and I could to play the saved file that he sent to me, normally too.

So, I think we can get excited! Let's perform the same procedure with everyone and test the files, ok?

So, let's to try this procedure (everyone must to do the same, exactly as described):

1- Steam users must configure the original release option on steam platform. To do this, follow the steps on the link (If you aren't a steam user, go to the next step):

2- Delete the files "Civilization IV.ini" and "Civilization IV.ini.bak" in the folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword".

3- Delete any folder related to "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods", or

"C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS"​

4- Download the file "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75.exe" on the link:

5- Download the file "A New Dawn 1.75C Patch.exe" on the link:

6- Execute the file "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75.exe".

Atention!!! Install the files in the folder "C:\Users\...\Downloads"​

Atention!!! On installation process, select the option "Blue Marble Terrain" (it is important too)​

7- Execute the file "A New Dawn 1.75C Patch.exe"

Atention!!! Install the files in the folder ""C:\Users\...\Downloads", too.

The result of steps 6 and 7 will be a folder named "Rise of Makind - A New Dawn", located in the folder "C:\Users\...\Downloads"

8- Rename the folder "Rise of Makind - A New Dawn" to "ROM-AND" (uppercase).

9- Move the folder "ROM-AND" to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

Atention!!! Don't do it to the folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS"​

10- Load the Mod and try to open the file:

View attachment 394329

Notify me if the game runs ok.

Facts:

1- You must to redownload the files, even if you already have it.

2- You must download the files only of the links available in this post (it is to avoid conflicts).

3- I have steam version on my two notebooks.

4- Kruver has the steam version on his notebook, too.

5- If anyone, even after follow the same procedure above described, face problems, I think we can conclude it is caused by incompatibilities between steam version and non steam version.

I Think it has to do with the issues that we faced:

Didn't open for me. 'The file you have selected is protected'. Did you set an admin password?

Admin password has nothing to do with it, even though error message leads you to believe otherwise. This is a known problem -- when one does not have clean install of BTS and/or of the particular mod -- it will give you this error message. If one does not remember which files where modified the only solution is to reinstall BTS or never play MP games :(

Civvers, good news again!!!

I set a pbem with the mod and, as before, the game runned ok on my two notebooks. But, this time, I could to test it on a third notebook (Kruver's notebook) and after perform the procedure described on new thread, Kruver could to play the saved file that I sent to him, normally, and I could to play the saved file that he sent to me, normally too.

So, I think we can get excited! Let's perform the same procedure with everyone and test the files, ok?

As this thread is already very long and "polluted", I decided to create another thread. Let's start from scratch!

Please, visit the new thread and post your commentaries to encourage other players!

The new thread:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=548102

Top Bottom