A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure

Hi guys! Let's wait until the weekend for the feedback of Acamia, Dei Civita and Imp. Knoedel, about the needed procedure to start our test game. Who is really excited with my pbem?

I'm ok with waiting a few more days. I am really curious to see this mod working, since I usually don't have time enough to test/explore it properly on singleplayer.

But I still wanna find a way to change the UI colors without reinstalling the mod. Is there hope on this case?

11 players for this scenario? it will take forever.
sorry, but i´m out.

I did that file replacement btw.

xml replaced.
anything else?

really sorry i let you all hanging.

won't happen again.

Relax Dei Civita!

We have time until the weekend! It's compressible some delays sometimes! We know it will occur over all the game. A delay with a justification is acceptable! What isn't good is a delay without any justification or reason.

Ok, Civvers. With the last sent informations and the Academia's desistance, we close our table. We can start our test game now!

Order to Play Player Civilization Leader
1 Phylhom America Roosevelt
2 Alvarez (Random) (Random)
3 Dei Civita Aztec Atotoztli
4 Nighthawk419 Spain Isabella
5 Ruff_hi Rome Augustus Caesar
6 Grogburg Korea Sejong
7 Kruver Greece Alexander
8 Agravain Carthage Masinissa
9 Hercules90 Egypt Ramesses II
10 Imp. Knoedel (Random) (Random)

Tried it and got a mod path conflict that will probably demand a whole new installation to see if it'll work out.

Please do tell me this mod doesn't open save files only on default paths installation (civ and/or mod).

I tried it and got the assets protected error.

any ideas?

Hi Civvers!

Sorry for the delay! I was trying to understand what happened. I tested the saved file on two different notebooks and the problem occurred as you described. After some tests I realized that the problem only occurs if I set a admin password to the game. If I don't do this, the problem don't occurs and the game runs ok, with all the settings that we want (GlobalDefinesAlt.xml).

So, we have the following option: I set a password for each civilization, I send it to you by PM, and the passwords couldn't not be changed by you. In this case you must to trust me! I will not use this information to access and to check your turns! You have my commitment about that!

It would be possible to each player to set your own password (the game runs ok, in this case). But if anyone abandon the game, will not be possible to us, change the player or grant the control of that civilization to the AI.

Anyway, if we had not that problem, the admin password would be set by me, so, I believe no one will oppose it!

I will provide another file, and we will could to test it again.

One more time, sorry for the problematic game! I was blown away by the mod and I believed that it would make a great PBEM game.

Thanks for your patience! And I will understand if anyone else want to leave the game, after all that difficulties!

Hi Civvers!

Sorry for the delay! I was trying to understand what happened. I tested the saved file on two different notebooks and the problem occurred as you described. After some tests I realized that the problem only occurs if I set a admin password to the game. If I don't do this, the problem don't occurs and the game runs ok, with all the settings that we want (GlobalDefinesAlt.xml).

This seems strange to me. Did you check the 'locked assets' option? I have seen that this option sometimes impacts pbem games. I would strongly prefer to run with an admin password to protect the game in case players drop out (as you mentioned).

Can you post a screenshot of the normal game options (not the mod options) that you have selected?

So, we have the following option: I set a password for each civilization, I send it to you by PM, and the passwords couldn't not be changed by you. In this case you must to trust me! I will not use this information to access and to check your turns! You have my commitment about that!

Can I propose another option (but only if we can't get the admin password to work), you let the players select their own passwords but they email that password to you. This is no different than if you had the admin password ... but it will enable people to have / use their own password.

Finally - can I just say that this is why I wanted to get the test game started ASAP ... regardless of settling the game options ... so that we could debug an pbem issues.

Anyway ... something to remember for next time.

using the password to check other players map;
making a fake user in order to control 2 civs in the game;
playing the savegame many times until you get better results;

we're all too old for that, aren't we?

Thanks for your patience! And I will understand if anyone else want to leave the game, after all that difficulties!

Well, I'm very sorry about it, but I think I'm gonna let this one pass. I was willing to give it a try, but this is looking like a buged PBEM game upon what would already be a very slow paced game. Too many different machines, people, and configuration options involved could mean we discover a not so obvious issue after the game is already going on.

I thank you, Phylhom, for the initiative and for bringing my attention to this mod, and again I'm very sorry to leave. :(

Hope you all have luck and sort these issues out. And please feel free to invite me to any other bold initiatives like this one.

Top Bottom