1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Not So Modest Proposal Regarding Buildings, Resources and Units

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Praetyre, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

The thing is that the Forbidden palace has been a staple of the civ series since way back when, so I don't want to get rid of it for nostalgic reasons. I think of all of the concerns about the mod we have NW naming is probably the least of them and that we should focus on more important things.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It has not been in any longer than "Oxford University" or "Mt. Rushmore":p

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Most dikes I know of are defensive ditches between nations.;) I would replace this one with the great wonder Zulderzee a modern era wonder that turns one coastal plot into good farmland. I think one already exists that we can modify for C2C's different sea terrains (Platyping perhaps).

The only problem with the 1-per-3 option is that you don't get a new one at 1, 5, 8 but at 3, 6, 9 which disadvantages small nations and the One City Challenge option. Although I suspect than there are a number of problems in C2C with that option because we don't allow some buildings to be built in the same place as others. The tags that do that should remain but they should be ignored for On City Challenge games - ie its a dll problem:p

I would have thought it would be an upgrade to the Doctor Office myself.

Disagree, I like it needing both and I think it makes sense. this way.
    I agree, it should not require a civic but the currency tech plus the "Town Council" or higher administration building.

Disagree, others have stated the reasons.

Agree

Mostly because it is the Great Spy building and"named" and so confused. Yes Scotland Yard (or equavlent) should exist but it should not be the Great Spy building. The GS should have its own building similar in game affect to the other G People's buildings but espionage related. It should not be a wonder of any kind.
    there is a "requires government centre" tag in the XML that does just this.

Those not mentioned here I have commented on elsewhere or just agree with Great Wonders to come. ;)

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Praetyre & DH

- Police Academy = Done
    - Research Hospital = Done

Pushing to the SVN.

Propaganda Net
    I would have done but I am not sure who's building this is.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Propaganda Net is one of AAranda's so it is in my area at the moment. I keep meaning to move all of his into the core just leaving mine there, but I never get the time.

6. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Excellent idea, the achievements of the Dutch in this region are truely world wonders. On the naming: The Zuiderzee (correct spelling) was just the name of the old bay that was transformed to the IJsselmeer (correct Dutch spelling!), a sweet water lake.

The wonder would rather be called the Zuiderzee Dike (in fact named Afsluitdijk in Dutch) representing all the other efforts to produce new fertile land.

BTW: One plot is not very much, I´d rather use 2.