A proposal for deputy governors

Here is the Suggested rules for the Deputy Govenor

The duties of the Deputy Govenor:

[Edit: No need of rule 1, Govenors already have responsibilities of caretaking cities]

2. If all cities have Mayors. The Deputy Govenor acts as an advisor
to the govenor.

3. In the event that causes the Govenor to be away from the computer (Hospital stay, Vacation/Holiday, etc.) The Deputy Govenor takes the place of the Govenor.

Please discuss these suggested rules. Post any changes, suggestions, or additions you want. remember the rules have to fit the Deputy Govenor ;).

I guess that leaves rules 2 and 3 left.

Mayors can always make suggestions as to what their cities should build and how their cities might best be optimized. With enough mayors the governor's job can be easier: mayors submit build queues to governors who would bundle them together for the turn chat thread. Governors would still have the fiinal say in build queues so that needs of a national character do not go unfulfilled. In the end it is the citizens who should be making the input into build queues. Funnelling that input from citizen to mayor to governor to president is not a bad idea.

I'm not sure if we have enough support to go to the polling stage yet but I think there is enough interest in the idea to have the justice department review the proposed change. I will request one. :)

I am in favor of the proposal on a personal level, and I suspect that my Judicial Review will find the proposal to be quite constitutional in nature.

A few things to keep in mind. Mayor's are great to have, but they have NO authority whatsoever to do anything. In fact, the word "mayor" does not appear anywhere in the Constitution, Code of Laws, or Code of Standards.

Therefore the addition of Deputy Governors seems a prudent step to me, especially given that there are no restrictions on deputy office holding.

Bill

The proposed changes in the first post are valid and pass this preliminary review.

This is a bit unorthodox as you've requested a review before setting up a poll to submit the changes. The actual poll will still need to be submitted for review and posting by the judiciary.

As Domestic Department Leader, I will sponsor this poll to ammend the COS.

Would this means Adding a possition to the Chain of Commaind

Point 3) COC

A) President

B) Vice President

C) Domestic Leader

D) Military Leader

E) Foreign Leader

F) Science Leader

G) Trade Leader

H) Cultural Leader

I) Chief Justice

J) Public Defender

K) Judge Advocate

L) Domestic Deputy

M) Military Deputy

N) Foreign Deputy

O) Science Deputy

P) Cultural Deputy

Q) Trade Deputy

R) Remaining Elected Officials (example - Governors)

S) Deputy Govenors

T) Appointed Officials (example - Designated Chat Representatives)
-Demogame Consitution
Note on the quote: The Orange red highlights are the predicted changes. I am just wondering if this would happen if they approve a Deputy Govenor;).

Originally posted by chiefpaco
How do the citizens get a say?
Half of the changes are in the Code of Laws. Those changes are dependent upon citizen votes.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Would this means Adding a possition to the Chain of Commaind
Good point. That was overlooked and should be added. It's not required but it is a valid addition for this group of changes.

Originally posted by Shaitan

Half of the changes are in the Code of Laws. Those changes are dependent upon citizen votes.

When does the citizen vote take place? I am confused by the process here. :confused:

I guess the citizens approve the laws and once the laws are in place, then a standard can be approved by the Council if it doesn't contradict a law or the Constitution.

Just as Cyc said - when the poll for the changes in the COL are submitted for Judicial Review the judiciary confirms that it is valid and then posts the poll. The change in the COS cannot go in before the changes in the COL because they are dependent upon the changes in the COL.

I am getting more confused rather than less. Perhaps it is my age as a Phoenacian. Why is there is a Council vote for this now? Perhpas I need a "ratifying COS and COL for dummies" book? Step-by-step...

Chiefpaco. Although I wasn't really in favor of this proposal, I was asked to sponsor it. I accepted, but because I had lost interest in the issue, I didn't re-read all the posts. My fault. In order for this bill to pass, a two step process needs to occur. First the citizens need to approve a law change or addition (I still need to re-read this) to allow a standard to be approved by the council. Without the change in the COL, the change in the COS conflicts with the COL, and this is not allowed. Once the COL is changed, the COS can have this proposed changed written into it, and this whole Deputy-Governor thing can take place.

The reason the Council Vote was initiated was because I was asked to sponsor it and I said sure, why not. When I requested more info, I got nothing (although Shaitan did help me out). Anyway, I put it together and threw it out there but it didn't fly, because of the COL thing needing to be changed. So now the Council Vote to change the COS (so that Deputy-Governors are a viable entity) must sit and wait until the Law in the COL is changed. I'll try to get right the next time.

It was my hope to get this implemented for the term five elections but it is too late now (I think). I am also a trifle consfused as to how this all works. I asked for a judicial review and at the same time asked how we go about changing the CoL and the CoS. Shaitan said I needed a sponsor for the CoS change beause being a citizen and governor and mayor does not carry enough clout to change the CoS. Since Cyc has the proper clout I asked him to sponsor the thing. I thought Shaitan had said that asking for the judicial review would initiate the CoL change. Since then I've concluded that my judicial review request was premature. I guess we're supposed to wait till the citizens start voting on the proposal before it gets reviewed. Either that or we're supposed to submit a poll proposal not just a proposal. I don't know. :(

When is our cultural victory due?

Believe me, Donsig. I didn't mean that you did anything wrong. Just explaining how I fumbled through this. The rules have changed. And believe it or not, we changed them. Now we have to pay attention to what we're doing. I think the law that would help explain the process is Section E, point 2, paragraph F of the Code of Laws. Good luck.

According to Section E, point 2, paragraph F of the Code of Laws one of the rights and responsibilities of the judicial members is to

Post Legislative polls that have passed Judicial Review.

This fits in with what I thought Shaitan had said earlier, i.e., that by requesting the judicial review I had done my part to get the ball rolling on the proposed change to the CoL.:confused:

Top Bottom