A second chance for the Third Reich

Divaythsarmour

Adventurer
Are there any good scenarios where a player gets to make similar decisions as when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in WWII?

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if:

• they had gone with Guderian's idea of running stripped down highly mobile panzer divisions supplied by air drop
  • focused the entire 4 million man army on Moscow vs. 3 seperate army groups
  • surround Stalingrad - cut off the Volga - not to capture the city - take the oil fields of the Caucasus and deny that oil to Russia
  • I would envision this scenario as being on a huge map in order to give some scale to the distances. I wouldn't even bother with research - just begin with motorized transport/artillary
Build in advantages to the Germans for speed of tanks (as it is now) and maybe even add a little survival strength. Give the Soviets a bonus for cheap factories and huge population.

Rocoteh's WWII scenario and the reloaded version are the most updated and complete WWII scenarios out there I think. You do get to decide when to invade the soviet union, as they are not locked into war like the allies are at the beginning. Beware, the map is huge and it can slow down once you get a lot of units. The no raze patch is recommended.

There is also one called "Barbarossa: the War in the East" IIRC, haven't played it, but it concentrates on the eastern front.

I am not sure how one would use use civ to simulate airdropping to tank divisions... civ isn't really very good at historical realism.

Hum, i´d say some hours should be enough, but if you´re experienced in civ3 single player, you´ll love playing other people, AI tends to be less cunning. If you want to play, just ask Eric_A, it´s his scenario, in the link i gave you.

The scenario covers WWII from November 1941 forward.

Top Bottom