A Temporary Beta Build Thread

Yes, beta5. Did you try to set up monarchy in a game and look city screen? It shows -100% maintenance.
-100%=base maintenance, right? The normal modificateur should be 0%.
I can understand "-100%" with civic chiefdom, that allows to have only 3 cities. But with monarchy you can settle many cities and they all will have 0.25 maintenance (until you build any building that increases maintenence). This problem is described on Bug/suggestions page too.

I can test it again and make a save/screenshots if you need.

That's good.

This is interesting, I didn't notice this problem when I first started playing 1.76beta, but I have since immensely changed the majority of civics so there is no real way for me to test this other than to install a separate copy of the original beta. If you have a screenshot of the error please post it, include shots of the selected civics as well please.

This is interesting, I didn't notice this problem when I first started playing 1.76beta, but I have since immensely changed the majority of civics so there is no real way for me to test this other than to install a separate copy of the original beta. If you have a screenshot of the error please post it, include shots of the selected civics as well please.
Well, I did it.

1st screenshot:
My second city and current civics, that affect maintenance (chiefdom and banditry). Chiefdom should zero maintenance, but it doesn't work, no modificateur for city maintenance.

2nd screenshot:
I just researched Monarchy ( but didn't changed civic!!! Chiefdom still works!). Strange "0.25 base maintenance" appeared on my second city and on my capital. What is it? Why only when I researched monarchy?
And look: 0.25 + 1.96 + 0.95 doesn't = 2.91. As well as 0.25 + 0.99 doesn't = 0.99.

3rd screenshot:
I changed Chiefdom to Monarchy. -100% modificateur appeared on all my cities. When I accept Despotism, I see this -100% modificateur too.

Something is broken. I didn't test other civics. I think the problem is with chiefdom or maybe with all civics. Hopefully, it will help. Let me know, if something is not clear or you need save.

Sorry, but I've not received any PM from you antoca.

I've only had 1 notification for all of November.
It was earler. :)
Maybe august...

Attachments

• Civ4Screen_1.jpg
    Civ4Screen_1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4Screen_2.jpg
    Civ4Screen_2.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Civ4Screen_3.jpg
    Civ4Screen_3.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 105
Well, I did it.

1st screenshot:
My second city and current civics, that affect maintenance (chiefdom and banditry). Chiefdom should zero maintenance, but it doesn't work, no modificateur for city maintenance.

2nd screenshot:
I just researched Monarchy ( but didn't changed civic!!! Chiefdom still works!). Strange "0.25 base maintenance" appeared on my second city and on my capital. What is it? Why only when I researched monarchy?
And look: 0.25 + 1.96 + 0.95 doesn't = 2.91. As well as 0.25 + 0.99 doesn't = 0.99.

3rd screenshot:
I changed Chiefdom to Monarchy. -100% modificateur appeared on all my cities. When I accept Despotism, I see this -100% modificateur too.

Something is broken. I didn't test other civics. I think the problem is with chiefdom or maybe with all civics. Hopefully, it will help. Let me know, if something is not clear or you need save.

It was earler. :)
Maybe august...

First Screenshot: That would be because the "HomeArea" maintenance values are currently broken or unused in the xml files. This has been removed and replaced with the addition of number of cities and distance maintenance. This applies not only for chiefdom but for all the government civics in order to increase city maintenance.

Second Screenshot: The "base maintenance" has nothing to do with the other two values which are affected by civics only. The base maintenance value is set by the Era you are in. You just researched Monarchy so the Era changed to Classical, which had originally a .25 maintenance for cities. This has been increased in my mod for all Eras as a work around for lack of inflation.

Third Screenshot: Not sure what's going on in this shot exactly. This could be an error from the faulty homeareamaintenancemodifier or something else. I do know I've not seen this error in the mod I'm working on though.

I will investigate further.

First Screenshot: That would be because the "HomeArea" maintenance values are currently broken or unused in the xml files. This has been removed and replaced with the addition of number of cities and distance maintenance. This applies not only for chiefdom but for all the government civics in order to increase city maintenance.
That's good. Anyways, even in such broken condition "more difficulty" - was not problem. :)

Second Screenshot: The "base maintenance" has nothing to do with the other two values which are affected by civics only. The base maintenance value is set by the Era you are in. You just researched Monarchy so the Era changed to Classical, which had originally a .25 maintenance for cities. This has been increased in my mod for all Eras as a work around for lack of inflation.
Ok, understood now.

Third Screenshot: Not sure what's going on in this shot exactly. This could be an error from the faulty homeareamaintenancemodifier or something else. I do know I've not seen this error in the mod I'm working on though.
So... waiting your mod. :)
This bug estranged me (and probably others) from civ4 for months.

Top Bottom