1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A World in Arms: WW2 armies

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by imperator1961, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

There's still epic game mods, since those civs lack graphics for the WW2 era (and in Iran and Iraq's case, WW1 as well).

2. Lionic

Lionic King

With this I agree.

3. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Take note that some civs have a huge number of units and the work to finish these is very hard: foe exemple the German Army as (at this moment, non yet complete) 119 units (!) to do, the British Army 72, so to have new pack ready to upload I had to work partly to minor power and part to majot power civs.
    Nothing to say that for some civs there are some difficult to find 3d models to create units, so if someone of you as the luck to have or to know where there are some interestig 3d models can help me to crerate new units.

4. Lionic

Lionic King

5. clamel

clamel Prince

Great you still working on this monster project. Everyone are truly looking forward for any upcoming packages with great anticipation.
    As I said before maybe you could realese smaller part-packages whenever you got some ready. The waiting for these 100 units packs are just too much.

Keep up this very nice work mate

6. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

In World War 1, Iraq was under the control of the Ottoman Empire, which did reasonably well to start with against the British. See the Siege and Surrender of Kut. As for Iran, that was still called Persia, and really was not a factor in the war. World War 2 was somewhat of a different story for both countries.

7. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

Bump
    :bump:
    10.5 cm leFH18; The gun was used in horse train, motorized train, or as Panzerhaubitze "Wespe".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.5_cm_leFH_18
    the gun in the horse train would be my special request!

:old:
    Thank you
    Wotan49

8. Lionic

Lionic King

Ooooh, this thread has been silent for quite a while.

9. clamel

clamel Prince

Getting close to 1 FULL YEAR since Imperator tempted us with a +100 British Unit pack.
    I prayed for smaller packs so we get some, and perhaps we stand to have a 0 Unit British pack.

That would be a true shame.
    Lets hope for something before the 1 year anniversary of the last statement

10. Chicken Spadge

Chicken Spadge Chieftain

Well, it's certainly been around eight months since the Commonwealth pack came out.

Please don't give up, Imperator!

11. Lionic

Lionic King

It seems to me he had mentioned Spain, Sweden, Iran, Iraq as next candidates...

12. Node60

Node60 Warlord

And whether there is a hope for creation of a pack of Red Army? Without him WW2 will be not full :)

13. clamel

clamel Prince

Now the super-great Commonwealth Army pack is about a year old.
    The taste of what the British Army pack would include was thrilling.

Just dying to know if this British Army pack is still in creation and perhaps if it might be realesed in the near future.

Any kind of news will be nice ... :bowdown:

14. Lionic

Lionic King

Hi Imperator! I was wondering if you plan to release your mentioned Vietnam War Pack some day? I'm eager to complete the WWII collection of your units just like other people in the thread, but I am also eager to try add something of your Modern Era creations to the game, so maybe you could release at least one side of the conflict in the near future?

15. wolf_66

wolf_66 Lone Civer

I second this !

16. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Well, I'm working very hard on ww2 German Army vehicles and I hope to finish them as far as possible, but the huge number of units involved is very high and superior than infanty units!
    The Vietnam pack has all the units animatio completed and in mani case the renders are already done, but when I started work on ww2 packs I changed some infantry, artillery and armored units, so I must made all new animations for the Vietnam'units pack and all new renders.

Nanuk likes this.
  17. Lionic

Lionic King

Thank you for the answer. I hope to try out something from the Vietnamese pack, after you are less bus with WWII units of course...

18. Lionic

Lionic King

Hello Imperator! How are things going on?