Aabra01: Training for Mid-level Micromanagers

Well, I know (just based on experience: I've never seen an article on this) that one time I happened to look at the economy tab in CAII and was looking at corruption %-ages in my cities. I then founded another city, and, since I was over the OCN (actually half of the OCN, since I had no FP) almost all of my cities had a corruption increase (of only 1%, but, if you have many cities over OCN...) So, I assume, once you are over your OCN, corruption increases in all of your cities.

Is this really the way corruption works? By this reasoning, core corruption would increase the more cities you plant and corruption would be less if you reduce your cities. I thought the OCN affects the number of allowed cites before they are completely corrupt. Once over the limit, new cities are just 90% corrupt. I didn't think the number of actual towns affected corruption in the core.

sercer has it right, IIRC, but unless the towns in question are producing a ton of both shields and gold that extra 1% that gets reported in CA2 never really affects anything in game due to the truncation used in the in game calculations.

This is just another example of how CA2 can be inconsistent with actual results due to the nature of the calculations used. I really like the tool but it does have to be employed with some caution. The only numbers you can really trust are the numbers reported in the Domestic Advisor screen. CA 2 is useful for a broad overview but the specific numbers can often be misleading.

After reinstalling Windows and Civ, things seem to be stable again, so I should be able to take my next set without any problems.

I'm touring the empire and getting ready to play my turnset. I hit F8 and noticed that we're at 66% of the globe and 66% of the population. We're perilously close to winning by domination.

Any objections to my giving away a couple of cities to the French? I'll check back in a couple of hours before I do so.

I'm touring the empire and getting ready to play my turnset. I hit F8 and noticed that we're at 66% of the globe and 66% of the population. We're perilously close to winning by domination.

Any objections to my giving away a couple of cities to the French? I'll check back in a couple of hours before I do so.

lurker's comment:

Well spotted.

Aztec island would make a great gift to Joanie and maybe the UN city :devil:

:) That is far from advisable, just a piece of deviltry.

I thought that that wasn't yet possible. So what is it really?

What did you see?

Are we still letting Hiawatha keep his gold so that he can do some research? We're two techs up on him and the only resource he's got to sell us is horses. . . He's got 1275 gold and for either Ecology or Space Flight, he'll offer (& I haven't even haggled yet):

1220 gold
495 gpt
World map
Horses

Not like we're in need of any money (we've got > 13K and +460 gpt), but I'm not convinced that Hiawatha is going to research anything for us at this point.

Opinions?

I think we should give him both Ecology and Space Flight, then focus on going up one particular tech path - he might surprise us and research something for us.

Edit: I'd let him keep his gpt - that will help him fund his research team. The gold, map, and horses are all good though.

Since Hiawatha obviously isn't doing anthying with that enormous amt of gpt, we could go ahead and trade for it. However, we really don't need the extra. One thing it would do is, maybe make him begin paying for unit support, lowering his science output. I don't really see that as a problem, though...we want to be the first to space, so we don't want it to be so close so that Hiawatha might actually WIN, or something...

Trade both for all his gold, gpt, wm, and horses, then watch his science rate and military go down the tubes. France would sure like the second one.

What a cheap@$$. Just wait for Superconductor and then trade it for Nuke Power.

The AI always makes an outrageous "deal" for IA and later techs :rolleyes: I would definitely wait on that tech until we can get a better deal.

AFAIK the manhattan is a pre-build.

Top Bottom