• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Abortions, Executions and Hamburgers: A Brief Survey

Which of the following best reflects your views?

• Abortions:Y Capital Punishment:Y Consumption of Animals:Y

Votes: 35 19.7%
  • Abortions:Y Capital Punishment:Y Consumption of Animals:N

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Abortions:Y Capital Punishment:N Consumption of Animals:Y

Votes: 87 48.9%
  • Abortions:Y Capital Punishment:N Consumption of Animals:N

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Abortions:N Capital Punishment:Y Consumption of Animals:Y

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Abortions:N Capital Punishment:Y Consumption of Animals:N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abortions:N Capital Punishment:N Consumption of Animals:Y

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Abortions:N Capital Punishment:N Consumption of Animals:N

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
That is not even remotely close to what "genocide" means.
You're missing the point. It's not about what words mean, it's what impact they have. Using words as they were intended is liberal elitist authoritarianism.

Domination, got another one for ya. Holocaust. The Baby Holocaust. This one comes with free mental imagery.

I think, those two particular countries would not want to have too many restrictions on abortion given their already large populations. Any contribution to that cause would be helpful.

I still believe most "free-thinking" countries should allow it, and a scan of the list finds this is so as well. Given that the world is on the midst of a population crisis, (i.e. many of the current world's problems could be traced to this one fact), any method for reducing the rate of increase should be welcomed.

What if we decided to start killing babies after they were born? Would you be in favor?

Well, that's my line of thinking.

And besides, it doesn't change my point. Most fetuses are eligible to be legally aborted.

There's no point writing here. You post your opinion and views, and he responds with an unwarranted personal attack.

I can almost guarantee you Traitorfish's post will be infracted by the moderation, but I don't take it as a personal attack. Traitorfish was joking. I know that from experience with him and because of the smile he chose.

I still don't agree with him though;)

What if we decided to start killing babies after they were born? Would you be in favor?
No. Of course not ... that would be murder.

For me a life is not a life until it breathes.

While it saddens me that many do not get born, however I am sad for the parents as they would have wanted it, I have no feeling for the unborn.

If the unborn is not wanted, it should not have to be carried to term. It's the mothers choice and her "freedom" to chose, she is the one to have to do the carrying. It is a one of the "freedoms" many people lost their lives for.

I note the majority of "Pro-lifers" are Christians, who seem to hang on to this old testament command;
Gen 1:28 - And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."
and look at what problems it has caused to the planet we now occupy precariously.

And in particular for Prof-lifers; "Be Fruitful and multiply ... ", seems to have been taken to heart and any thing that goes against this "deep-seated" principle is wrong.

Have you ever seen what an aborted baby looks like? I'd probably be infracted for posting a picture, but look it up.

Also, I am perfectly fine with birth control, but not murder.

Have you ever seen what an aborted baby looks like?
And, your point ... we have all seen dead people. The news is full of those pictures.

Also, I am perfectly fine with birth control, but not murder.
Some could say "abortion" is a form of "birth' control, as a "birth" does not occur until the end of term.

btw: I know what you really meant - reduce the chances of "conception". ;)

Have you ever seen what an aborted baby looks like? I'd probably be infracted for posting a picture, but look it up.
Have you seen partially-digested food in your stomach? Let's kill our intestines!

Also, I am perfectly fine with birth control, but not murder abortion.
Your inconsistency speaks volumes, Domination.

Some could say "abortion" is a form of "birth' control, as a "birth" does not occur until the end of term.

btw: I know what you really meant - reduce the chances of "conception".

Yeah, it should really be called "Conception control" but its not a common phrase and I just made it up so...

The aesthetics argument. Nice. I can make the same argument for a terrorist post guided missile. Looks horrible, so lets stop killing terrorists shall we?

Have you seen the brutality of it though? And the child isn't even a security risk!

Your inconsistency speaks volumes, Domination.

Don't edit my posts, you knew what I meant, and I meant what I said. Posting "Murder" was not an accident.

I knew what you meant, but your meaning wasn't clear purely from the quote, so let's not use emotive words, eh?

Why is birth control acceptable when abortion isn't?

I knew what you meant, but your meaning wasn't clear purely from the quote, so let's not use emotive words, eh?

Why is birth control acceptable when abortion isn't?

My opinion is because birth control (More accurately conception control) is a method to stop a pregnancy before it even starts. Declining to have sex is not wrong, so obviously having protected sex cannot be either (At least in this context. Some, myself included, would argue that sex outside of marriage is wrong.)

However, once the child is already growing in the womb, you are depriving him/her of their right to life by abortion.

But using contraception is denying the sperm and ova the chance to create life! Surely that's just as immoral?

But using contraception is denying the sperm and ova the chance to create life! Surely that's just as immoral?

Or not creating the sperm in the first place!:mischief:

But until its a human life it doesn't matter, which is at or very shortly after conception. By the time its detectable, its a life.

Even a woman doesn't generally know she's pregnant for up to a month so and that's the woman in question. Is there some magic soul infusion that occurs between conception and the woman noticing she's missed her period?

Top Bottom