1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolute FINAL Victory Poll

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by RegentMan, Jun 26, 2005.

?

Victory?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2005.
  1. By Culture

46.2%
  2. By Domination

38.5%
  3. By Other (Please Post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Abstain

15.4%
  1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Thanks CT. Sorry about the language.

Yeah, lets end this game. Start the next. Heck, I nominate myself to be President if it's just domination.

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Not before me! ;) :

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I wish to change my vote to Domination

Vote Tally
    culture: 10
    domination: 14
    abstain: 3

Moderator Action: Changed.

4. Double Stack

Double Stack Prince

The final tally is the above post by CivGeneral!

5. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

How sad.

-- Ravensfire

6. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Actually, Ravensfire, I think it is better that we win in a way that reflects our true nature. We have been a bully ever since we defeated the Dutch, and a Domination victory will reflect that.

Had we pursued a Cultural victory earlier in the game, when the years accumulated more quickly, we could have had an exponential amount of culture by this point with less cities. But since we pushed it to the Domination limit without much thought, a Culture victory is now far less than genuine since it will force us to make unrealistic choices to achieve it.

Let the record state that I voted Abstain in this poll, though my actions will undoubtedly be remembered as the impetus for this entire fiasco. However, I will always stand firm in the belief that our game actions must always take into account the mock citizens that we as a government represent.

So, I agree that this is a sad development, but probably for different reasons. Let this be yet another one of lessons we need to learn as we all aspire that play that "perfect" DemoGame.

7. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Yeah, so sad that a stupid principle was obliterated to end this ghost ship journey with no real purpose but wasting peoples time on quarreling over stupid and obsolete concepts. Let us end this joke.

8. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

So true. I am leaving. So long. I will never to return.

9. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

The last two DG have ended in a farce. It is obvious that we cannot work together as a team. It is sad that this site will not get it's act together and follow a simple plan. The plan was to win by culture. We knew this right from the start, and yet we managed to degenerate this game into a farce. That is why I will never, ever be part of Democracy games on this site. I will however, still take part of any ISDG games that will appear in the future. If the single site mutliteam democracy game starts up, then I might join that, but as for single player DG's, I will unlikely be joining up again. That does not mean I will not lurk these fora's, but the culture of this game is poor and unless there is major improvements with the culture of the game, I will not be back. So here ends my finishing tirade. :mad: :sad: :nuke: This game just makes me want to :vomit: Even :jesus: cannot :help: this game. This is what we should do to it. :suicide:

HAVE I MADE MY POINT.​

ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?

10. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator