Account Upgrades?

RobAnybody

Emperor
Hey - can I get some clarification on what Account Upgrades are? For all I know this is not something new (is it new? can someone answer that, not that it's relevant), but I just noticed it while exploring the various differences after the Site migration. I really like this site & participating on it (reading more than posting really). I certainly wouldn't mind contributing money to it, but... what is the money for? Upkeep? Like, if we give money, then the site-runners don't have to pay out of their own pocket? That's cool. I'd be in favor of that.

Or is it it really just "don't see banner ads" - i.e. an ever so slightly convenient thing for me? In which case I don't care & probably won't contribute money.

Also, I have no desire, if I do contribute, to be identified as a "Supporter" on the site itself - I'd prefer others not to see or know that I contributed. Is there an option to contribute but not be identified as a "Supporter"?

AccountUpgrade.png

It's been around for a couple years. As far as I know, it all goes toward TF's bills with the site.

It's mainly for members who want to support the site and don't want to see ads. The money helps with the site upkeep/server costs.
Only a smaller number of members purchase the account upgrades. The ad revenues remain the main source of revenue that supports the site.

>> Also, I have no desire, if I do contribute, to be identified as a "Supporter" on the site itself - I'd prefer others not to see or know that I contributed. Is there an option to contribute but not be identified as a "Supporter"?

Currently we don't have this option.

I should note that after the recent forum upgrade and migration, this account upgrade feature most likely doesn't work due to the old addon is not compatible with latest version, and we have yet to install/upgrade the addon yet.
If you want to give it a try to see if it works, you are more than welcome to try. :)

Last edited:
>> Also, I have no desire, if I do contribute, to be identified as a "Supporter" on the site itself - I'd prefer others not to see or know that I contributed. Is there an option to contribute but not be identified as a "Supporter"?

Currently we don't have this option.
...mmhh... what about... I guess if Rob really wants that, we could remove him manually from the supporter list, although then he'd not the benefits (no ads, bigger avatar size).
I guess that should work...?

Top Bottom