Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

Resources have been placed, Apache has been given a lovely spot, and I'll probably just remove only the Maori in tweaking this map.

Last of the gems removed. Like a boss.
Kelp of Manchuria fixed. Like a boss.
Deer of the North Sea removed. Like a boss.
Geothermal sea vents were placed because I didn't have to data mine. Like a boss.
and I'm done, now to deal with the files and 'copy and pasta'.
Give me an hour tops, and I'll have the new versions up.

EDIT: NEW MAP VERSION UPLOADED! OP updated with the new map files, happy hunting. (Find all my mistakes! :D )
Technical stuff, should be compatible with SVN versions 2524+ and the upcoming release of C2C v23! :goodjob:

P.S Keep up the good work C2C team!

if you ever get a chance and are so inclined can you do an ancient era start for me <3
and also maybe in your first post you should tell people where to put the map and to use custom scenario etc.

Resources have been placed, Apache has been given a lovely spot, and I'll probably just remove only the Maori in tweaking this map.

Last of the gems removed. Like a boss.
Kelp of Manchuria fixed. Like a boss.
Deer of the North Sea removed. Like a boss.
Geothermal sea vents were placed because I didn't have to data mine. Like a boss.
and I'm done, now to deal with the files and 'copy and pasta'.
Give me an hour tops, and I'll have the new versions up.

EDIT: NEW MAP VERSION UPLOADED! OP updated with the new map files, happy hunting. (Find all my mistakes! :D )
Technical stuff, should be compatible with SVN versions 2524+ and the upcoming release of C2C v23! :goodjob:

P.S Keep up the good work C2C team!

I have uploaded them into the SVN provate maps area for release with v23

if you ever get a chance and are so inclined can you do an ancient era start for me <3
and also maybe in your first post you should tell people where to put the map and to use custom scenario etc.
Excellent idea.

Ancient start, I'll get to working on it after the release of V23, this release was moreso to fix silly mistakes and since sea vents were shown to me, I added them in.

Not sure if this was intentional. New game with updated map starts at 4000 BC. Right now in this game its 500 AD and i havent left pre-historic era.

Not sure if this was intentional. New game with updated map starts at 4000 BC. Right now in this game its 500 AD and i havent left pre-historic era.
Welp, I know the cause of that.
It will have something to do with the game start date, I was trying to free up te 'era selection' but nothing seemed to work with me.
Easy fix, just need to tack in gamestart = -12000 and I believe the minimum turn line.
To be honest, almost thought it was something worse.

Np =p. Its kinda funny that i'm in 4000 AD when i finally got out of Pre-historic era!

Np =p. Its kinda funny that i'm in 4000 AD when i finally got out of Pre-historic era!

Well, it is actually, still that's a "My bad" on my end. :p

Granted it shouldn't have anything to do with gameplay as long as the years progress in the same scale that they should. (For the culture buildings that 'double' there culture values after a 1000 years, like the Tumulus.)

Is this only happening to me for some reason? I just installed the latest version of your map, but it is unplayable. Every time I pick a civ and load up the map, I instantly get a "you have been defeated" screen before it even loads up the map or anything. :confused:

Is this only happening to me for some reason? I just installed the latest version of your map, but it is unplayable. Every time I pick a civ and load up the map, I instantly get a "you have been defeated" screen before it even loads up the map or anything. :confused:

Which map scenario?
There are 3.
[I'm exhausted right now, but I'll get to it tomorrow evening after the visitations to the family grave is done.]
Also, where did you download it from? The OP of this topic or another location?

So if you post all the problems, the civ you choose. What version of C2C you were using, then I can pinpoint where the problem is and fix it.

Edit: Loaded up as the Celts, they seemed to have loaded fine. Passed a turn, and from what I can tell, every AI civ managed to found a city.

Which map scenario?
There are 3.
[I'm exhausted right now, but I'll get to it tomorrow evening after the visitations to the family grave is done.]
Also, where did you download it from? The OP of this topic or another location?

So if you post all the problems, the civ you choose. What version of C2C you were using, then I can pinpoint where the problem is and fix it.

Edit: Loaded up as the Celts, they seemed to have loaded fine. Passed a turn, and from what I can tell, every AI civ managed to found a city.

Earth pre-colombian civs, downloaded from the OP. I have attempted to play multiple civs, off the top of my head Germany, Sumeria, Babylon, Arabia, Iroquious, Celts...and others

Earth pre-colombian civs, downloaded from the OP. I have attempted to play multiple civs, off the top of my head Germany, Sumeria, Babylon, Arabia, Iroquious, Celts...and others

What changes did you make to the original pre-set options did you make? Maybe one of those doesn't work correctly, because i tried all those civs you stated and they work for me??

Aww, I just noticed there is no barren tile in the peru area for "proper" placement of the nacza lines wonder :( Actually I think there is no barren on this map at all.

Yeah i just cheated and gave myself a barren last time i was inca :)

You forgot to change the gems to platinum for arabs bro.

There's also a random herd of deer in the middle of the North Sea near Scotland...I ended up WB it to the forested tundra two(?) tiles to the west.

There's also a random herd of deer in the middle of the North Sea near Scotland...I ended up WB it to the forested tundra two(?) tiles to the west.
Okay back in action. [Rough day yesterday]

Now on to your question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are using the May 2nd version, check the description of the map for a timestamp that I place on all maps when I go dicker about in the text files.

I fixed that North Sea deer and some other things I noticed in the May 10th version.

All posted in the opening post of this topic. Cheers.

As for the barren tile, I'll see what I can do and spinkle the map with them.
I think I totally forgot about them though.

Anything else people are noticing?

Also, note, I updated the May 10th version to have the proper start date in 12000 BCE.

Note: I'll try to update once a weekend if there are things that need changing as I'm starting up my summer job that will consume the majority of my weekdays.
I will however hover around the forums, answer any questions you might have and take any suggestions in improving this great map further.
Thank you for your patience all! :D

I just downloaded the updated version of the map, and attempted to run the default pre colombian civs scenario (no settings where changed). I am still running into the problem of being "defeated" before the game can start. I am running the latest version of Caveman 2 Cosmos.

Edit: I did get this working on the 9 preset civs and no preset civs. I do have a quick question, though. Why is it all of these earth maps have Louisiana, Bangladesh, and the Netherlands as a desert? These areas should be a mixture of lush, swamp, and muddy tiles, not desert floodplains.

Top Bottom