1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Acularius, Mar 28, 2012.

1. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

I addressed most of Nameless one's complaints by moving around resources for various civ wonders. I also added Chocolate and Coconut to the map, as well as Barrel Cactus and Peyote. I removed sheep from the americas, as well as wine.

I added Song, Chola, Goth, Swahili, and Israeli Civs, and removed the Phoenician civ.

Included are two versions, one with noble as default difficulty for all civs, and another that has varying difficulties for different civs to address the issue of certain civs becoming ridiculously powerful.

2. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@philipschall

There were grapes in the Americas, especially in the Pacific Northwest.

4. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

I know, but European settlers found the grapes unsuitable for wine. The distinction is minor, sure, but it's the difference between 1 :) and 1 :food:. I might put them back in later, but for now they're gone (unless I find new info)

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

JFYI, the maps need to be changed around alot, in the resources and features area, according to the NEW SVN, DH did alot of changes in that area, again JFYI

6. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

I'll take care of what needs to be done if I'm given a list.

(side note: how close is everything to v24?)

7. Fangren

Fangren Chieftain

I don't know if this is a problem with philipschall's maps or just an svn change I missed, but in both versions when I start on Deity, the AI don't begin with any extra units. This is annoying, because I wanted to try out deity starts as a means of preventing certain civs (i.e. Babylon, Celts, Spain) from dying early on when I choose start as minor civs; the deity start gives the AI civs an extra band of h.s., and generally allows them to fight each other off more effectively.

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The main changes are that coconuts, date palms and prickly pear are now resources not features. Some resources have been added Peyote, Cocoa and Coco. Barrel cactus is no longer a feature.

9. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

I already added coconuts, prickly pear, peyote, and cocoa in the map above. I still need to do date palms, but I cannot find coco anywhere in my svn build. I will re-update tonight after I alter the map to make sure I didn't miss it.

10. Samin

Samin Warlord

That's part of the map. Those civs are in the crowded european and middle eastern start, not everyone is supposed to survive there - that's the reason why minor start is active in the first place.

There is also no natural gas and no fossils. Pomegranate is also a new resource.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is coca. Seep sea thermal vents were also added but they don't look right.

12. Samin

Samin Warlord

Thermal vents are already in

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Strictly speaking, GEM is a scenario not a map, and scenarios include the entier starting position (including units), so bonuses from difficulty don't apply (essentially because it starts the program after that phase of map initialisation)

14. Fangren

Fangren Chieftain

Er, well, I haven't played Acularius' version in some time but I know for a fact that the difficulty bonuses applied for it, so I guess it really is just a problem with philpschall's version then.

15. Samin

Samin Warlord

Just to have it posted here too, because I think it would be helpful: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11564712&postcount=13 is a small tool that will tell you if your scenario misses any resources. It is always up-to-date with whatever C2C version you have currently installed (it should technically work for any mod) and is pretty easy to use.

16. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

@Acularius

Posted on Behalf of StrategyOnly

17. Samin

Samin Warlord

I guess the warriors everyone starts with should be changed to Brutes now?

18. Acularius

Acularius King

After being stuck in a hot warehouse for a couple of days (still in the process of being stuck there) I have come to see a few changes being done.

I'll probably agree to the proposal that was floated in my mail.
    Generally my openng plans for this map was to keep it fairly up to date (which is hard to do atm with overtime on and I'm contracted to do a fair bit... and I want the extra hours since tuition does not pay for itself.)

I haven't even touched C2C in at least a month and a half by now, or from when I last updated (was the last time I was able to work with the map).

19. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

Added Natural Gas, Pomegranates, Date Palms. Changed terrain of western Persia. One version has altered difficulties, the other has everyone at noble.

Edit: Fixed a thing.

Attached Files:

20. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

Hello,

The GEM maps need change the start year. Actually starts at 12000 BC but this is wrong because at turn 500 in eternity gamespeed we are in 6000 AD. If start around 40000 BC i think will work well.