Adding a new building

UB: Did you already add a normal building?
If no: First do that.
If yes: It's easy.
Create a new building, but don't create a new buildingclass, add it to an existing buildingclass.
After this, you have to tell the game, that it's an UB. That's done through the Civilizations\civilizationsInfos.xml, look at the other UB entries ;).

Is there anything here about how to use modules to create a building?

hey i have a problem. i have added in a few new buildings into my mod. Everything works. I have seen the building graphics added into the cities via world builder but when i am in game and choose to have that building constructed the game crashes.... what did i do wrong?

You won't be able to include this particular building into civ4. First of all, there doesn't seem to be a download link for that building. If you have luck, you find another version with a link. Then you could include that, theoretically, but it isn't that easy. Well, that depends on the building, but mostly it's involving quiete a lot work. You will have to reduce the buildings resolution (polygon count) and bake the texture (mergeing all the textures into one file) - which means a lot of work in most cases - and then export it as nif. This nif, you could include into civ4. There's another problem: blenders import script for collada files doesn't work well for me. Chances are good, I tihnk, that import would fail for you. 3ds max would work better, but it is expensive unless you are a student.

You won't be able to include this particular building into civ4. First of all, there doesn't seem to be a download link for that building. If you have luck, you find another version with a link. Then you could include that, theoretically, but it isn't that easy. Well, that depends on the building, but mostly it's involving quiete a lot work. You will have to reduce the buildings resolution (polygon count) and bake the texture (mergeing all the textures into one file) - which means a lot of work in most cases - and then export it as nif. This nif, you could include into civ4. There's another problem: blenders import script for collada files doesn't work well for me. Chances are good, I tihnk, that import would fail for you. 3ds max would work better, but it is expensive unless you are a student.

0_________________________0"""

Ok scrap that... :mischief:

Does anybody know of any local CFC Mosque looking buildings I could use? :help:

Thanks the J! :)

So I was therefore thinking, how could I bring a building from vanilla civ4, which has been removed. I would like to add the Temple of Solomon (Western Wall), into my mod, but I don't have it there already. Do you know how I could implement it?

Thanks!

hhmm...is the question about the XML, about the art, or about both?

I'm basically attempting to take the Temple of Solomon from vanilla and implement it into Embryodead's Sword of Islam mod, which he removed. Do you know which files I would have to move, to get it to work?

Moving files: None :D.
Adjusting files: Well, the ones which are mentioned in the starting post ;).

Copying all the entries from vanilla BtS over into the modmod should initially be enough. You'll probably have to add some lines in the XML, but the game will tell you which if you start it.

I need to mod several buildings and unit production costs. Particuly Markets and Grocers. Only building 25% wealth they need shorter build times.

my vanilla Civ4CityLSystem doesent have building entries. After the generic ones there is always just

<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_1x1">
<Scale>1.0</Scale>
</ArtRef>

And the it continues with
</LNode>
<LNode Name="Leaf_2x1">
<Width>2</Width>
<Height>1</Height>
<!-- LEAF 2x1 GENERICS -->
<ArtRef Name="generic:an_eu.nif::2x1_01">
<Attribute Class="Rotation">0,180</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT</Attribute>