Adding an animation to a unit?

Neirai

the Forgiven
I'm wondering if there's a way to add animations to units' art defines. I made a custom art define for my Voyageur unit, but when you expend it, it doesn't look like anything happens. I'd like to tie the Great Merchant's golden 'ascension' effect to the unit when it gets expended.

Any advice would be much appreciated -- we're hoping to launch the civ this weekend.

Someone asked a similar question recently, and this was my response [with some small edits]:
Unfortunately this will require some 3D modeling. You'll need to follow the first half of this tutorial, then rig [your unit] to the [Great Merchant] skeleton with this tutorial (however step 1D is easier with a bone weight copy).

We aren't necessarily looking to re-rig. We just want the gold glowy ring and the sound effect around the unit when expended.

Unfortunately this will require some 3D modeling. You'll need to follow the first half of this tutorial, then rig [your unit] to the [Great Merchant] skeleton with this tutorial (however step 1D is easier with a bone weight copy).

would this be the case if I wanted to make a scout or a musketman build roads and stuff?

I thought that the "blue flash" was not a unit animation, but rather a game effect like the "light from heaven" effect when you select a unit. But I could be totally wrong on that.

You can get the "light from heaven" effect with Events.GameplayFX(hexX, hexY, -1). Unfortunately, you can't get any other effect with this. The last arg doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. There are some other Events that have "particle effect" in their name, but I haven't been able to make heads or tails of them.

Top Bottom