Resource icon

Additional Buildings 1.4

Hi there,

I've downloaded this mod and really enjoyed playing with it but noticed once I get to the Atomic era it seems to cause a crash. I initially had many other mods included but removed them thinking it was a compatibility issue. Unfortunately I got the same crash again today with most of the mods disabled (the others I believe are unrelated). Suggestions on how I best trouble shoot? Prior to this mod, I hadn't had any issues with random crashes so I don't think its related PC performance (and its running fast between turns). If there is a log I could pull somehow, I'd be happy to share. Many thanks!
Brad

Hi there,

I've downloaded this mod and really enjoyed playing with it but noticed once I get to the Atomic era it seems to cause a crash. I initially had many other mods included but removed them thinking it was a compatibility issue. Unfortunately I got the same crash again today with most of the mods disabled (the others I believe are unrelated). Suggestions on how I best trouble shoot? Prior to this mod, I hadn't had any issues with random crashes so I don't think its related PC performance (and its running fast between turns). If there is a log I could pull somehow, I'd be happy to share. Many thanks!
Brad
I dont see how a Building could cause a crash tbh. The logs are located in My Games/Civ 6/Logs. You need to enable most the debugging options in UserOptions.txt and AppOptions.txt for it to generate anything of relevance.

I like the idea of the tavern to compensate the very early struggles for amenities, however, historically speaking a tavern in the ancient ages don't make much sense. I think they would fit better the medieval agees or even the classical (the romans used to have taverns). So as a tavern alternative, while also getting the extra gold, let's think what the humans in the ancient era had as "amenities" (that is, non-essential ones for life): they were all about tribal beliefs or primitive art, so I think the improvement should be made in the quarries, having some sort of mini-stonehenge site (ritual stones for example?) if we choose the religious path, or if we go art we can think of the cave paintings. Or if we want to get the buidling a bit later, maybe in the bronze age rather than in the stone age, I would suggest some kind of early art/belief related to plantations ("magical" herbs, smoking pipes, etc...) or even early chamanistic medicine.

Why don't the buildings require districts more? IE: A Fish Market should be built in a Harbor while Training Grounds should be built in an Encampment. Is this not possible or was this a specific decision?

Edit: Looking at the files it looks like some buildings are district specific but not these two. I'm guessing not these two because they're available earlier in the game than their appropriate districts. It would be nice to see more district specific buildings since the majority of the buildings in this mod specific the city center as the pre-req district.

Last edited:
Also, I took a quick look at the files and saw some entries commented out related to Moar Units. I'm guessing I can just uncomment those entries if I also use that mod? A note in the overview about this would be much appreciated by anyone who also uses Moar Units. Thanks!

Also, I took a quick look at the files and saw some entries commented out related to Moar Units. I'm guessing I can just uncomment those entries if I also use that mod? A note in the overview about this would be much appreciated by anyone who also uses Moar Units. Thanks!
Yes just uncomment what is commented out regarding Moar Units, they will then benefit from the new Military Buildings.

Im still working out what buildings to move to which district.

I discovered you can't simply uncomment the sections in Military Buildings. I was getting a crash to main menu when trying to start a new game. I'm guessing this was due to mod load order.

I updated the <dependencies /> tag in the modinfo of this mod to depend on Moar Units to ensure proper load order and that seems to have fixed it:
Code:
    <Dependencies>
        <Mod id="c5cbb14e-d424-4960-89dd-3e4c9d3790Za" title="LOC_MOAR_UNITS_NAME" />
    </Dependencies>

Okay, I found out that "Dependencies" doesn't do what I thought, it just marks another mod as required. The "References" tag is supposed to dictate load order for when one mod references code from another. Though it doesn't seem to work...

After uncommenting the Moar Units section of this mod, I continually got a crash back to main menu when trying to load a freshly created save game. The database logs showed that Additional Buildings was trying to reference the Moar Units units and wasn't finding them. Creating a new game works just fine, so maybe load order is just a problem when loading a save game.

I still don't know how to cleanly dictate load order, but I solved this in a rather hacky way... I merged Moar Units and Additional Buildings into a single mod and setup a single ModInfo file that dictates load order of the files.

Note: ModInfo Schema Docs: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ6-modinfo-schema.606784/
Note: Thread I created debugging this issue: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...n-menu-on-load-new-game.607073/#post-14596207

Doesnt this mod have a risk of the "snowballing" of simply making all cities better at everything? It seems a bit OP to just get +1 free amenities and like +2 housing for many of the buildings on offer.
Then again, i suppose one needs to invest the time / production into it, but you catch my drift.
Will try an epic game with the mod and see how it pans out =)

Just to let you know, the building local names don't work correctly in hotseat - they revert to "LOC_..." tags instead

Just to let you know, the building local names don't work correctly in hotseat - they revert to "LOC_..." tags instead
Thats a bug with the base game. Move the text file/files to your Base games Text/en_US folder, that will fix the issue with hotseat.

Hi,

Since Winter Patch and V1.4, Buildings Icons don't appear in game.
Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: if you have the same bug, a temporary fix is to use the V1.3 icons xml file.

Last edited:
Im not exactly a modder (though would love to learn it someday) but how is 'uncomment' in the xml files works ? (having trouble making the mod works with moar unit) *srry if i ask dumb question...
Would love if someone would give step by step on how to do it....

can you post seperate files for MOAR Units compatibility issue? im having trouble following your instruction for moar units to be compatible....

Had some trouble getting Additional Buildings working with MOAR Units after uncommenting the relevant code. Kept getting thrown back to the main menu when trying to start or load games.
Apparently MOAR Units no longer includes the unit German Hussar which AB references in the part you have to uncomment. So the fix is to just comment out or remove the lines referencing "CLASS_GERMAN_HUSSAR" in AB_MilitaryBuildings.xml.

I guess MOAR Units had an update which AB still doesn't support. But until it does the above fix works.

Top Bottom