Resource icon

Additional Buildings 1.4

We are all very glad and happy that you enjoy making your mods man. Thanks a lot on behalf of the other fans. ;) :thumbsup:

Seems you overlooked the text of the Fish Market. It just shows up as LOC_HMP_BUILDING_FISH_MARKET_NAME and without any description.

\Skodkim

Just found out that the mod "breaks" Trajans UA, which is supposed to give a Free Monument to all new cities - I just got a Trappers Hut instead. I think its because the trait searches for the cheapest building you can build and gives you this (the ModifierID is actually called TRAIT_ADJUST_NON_CAPITAL_FREE_CHEAPEST_BUILDING). Should be fixed by increasing the Cheapest buildings in the mod to 61.

\Skodkim

You beat me to it. I'm working on a similar mod right now. Although I'm taking a slightly different approach.

What is a Tinker by the way?

I think you and horem should work together to ensure his mod is compatible with all of your building mods (and vice versa). Right now his mod is compatible with your Modern Buildings mod but not compatible with
Specialized Industry you just release. and I really want to play both of them.

You too can also combine your mods into a grand mod and make it modular to retain individuality and people still can choose which one to use based on their preferences.

I like the Mod a lot, I do think that perhaps for game balance anything above the ancient level buildings should be spread across the district that reflects the bonus. This would keep it more in line with the district concept that I find a new twist to the game, making you have to start doing actual civic planning instead of just building farms and mines like previous games.

I like the Mod a lot, I do think that perhaps for game balance anything above the ancient level buildings should be spread across the district that reflects the bonus. This would keep it more in line with the district concept that I find a new twist to the game, making you have to start doing actual civic planning instead of just building farms and mines like previous games.

New builds for districts are great and all, I do believe as of now because we cant add 3d models it may not be possible to add new buildings to districts

I have not looked into adding Buildings to the other Districts, yet. I am still in Stage One, which is to add the buildings I want to add along with thier effects and modifiers. Once I do this I will move onto Stage two, which will be to spread them out over the districts where possible (I know it is from looking at UncivilizedGuy's mods). Stage 3 will then be the final Balancing.

Want to use this mod along with the Civ 6 Improvements Patch but they clash and the game won't boot but returns to the start menu. I've repeatedly tried with no other mods going and the two seem to conflict in some way.

Want to use this mod along with the Civ 6 Improvements Patch but they clash and the game won't boot but returns to the start menu. I've repeatedly tried with no other mods going and the two seem to conflict in some way.
Whats the database.log say?

Thanks for answering. DB log was overwritten unfortunately. It was getting late and I was not thinking clearly. Sorry to trouble you.I was so frustrated I just kept booting over and over until I figured out that both mods have buildings and that is probably conflicting them in some way. Appreciate your time & effort, please keep contributing. And happy Thanksgiving from America to Wales. :)

Any idea why this wouldn't be compatible with Specialized Industry (Version 2.0)? When I have both enabled I can't get past the main menu when trying to create a game.

There doesn't seem to be any buildings that share the same name. There is some duplication in the files, but I don't know enough about mods to know if it would be the source of the crash. Stuff like this:
<Row>
<RequirementId>REQUIRES_IRON_IN_PLOT</RequirementId>
<RequirementType>REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES</RequirementType>
</Row>

A lot of this sort of thing(sub IRON for every other resource basically) occurs letter for letter in both mods.

If I knew any more about modding I'd offer to help... but I'm pretty clueless. Would love to get these mods playing together nicely though.

While perusing though, I did notice this, that maybe looks like a typo:

<!-- Cook Shop -->
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_COOK_SHOP</BuildingType>
<ModifierId>COOK_SHOP_WHEAT_BONUS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>COOK_SHOP_RICE_BONUS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>COOK_BANANA_BONUS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<!-- Butcher -->
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_BUTCHER</BuildingType>
<ModifierId>BUTCHER_SHEEP_BONUS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>BUTCHER_CATTLE_BONUS</ModifierId>
</Row>

On the 3rd to last line, shouldn't that be building_butcher?

It should. I will fix that. I would also look at the Requirements, but, I have on my end 53 buildings now all the way upto Atomic so there is probably going to be a lot more than just Requirement conflicts when I update the mod.

Top Bottom