Additional Leader Traits from Unique Features?

Breez

King
I was playing 050 last night, and randomly got Elohim as my Civ. Never played them before, I have No idea if this is a know racial thing, as I have found out this morning they get to "see" the unique features at the start of the game... I had no idea)

When I stepped on the Ruins of Sicon? unique feature My civ gained Industrialous as a leader trait. When I stepped on the Spirit Beacon I gained the Spiritual trait. Then I won a lightening cultural victory so I didn't get to see much more.

Is this some thing new? is this an Elohim only thing? am I an idiot for never seeing this before?

For the first problem I can say that the Elohim are able to see all the unique features from the beginning. That's a feature not a bug:). Very useful in combination with the enhanced settler movement rate.

I was playing 050 last night, and randomly got Elohim as my Civ. Never played them before, I have No idea if this is a know racial thing, as I have found out this morning they get to "see" the unique features at the start of the game... I had no idea)

When I stepped on the Ruins of Sicon? unique feature My civ gained Industrialous as a leader trait. When I stepped on the Spirit Beacon I gained the Spiritual trait. Then I won a lightening cultural victory so I didn't get to see much more.

Is this some thing new? is this an Elohim only thing? am I an idiot for never seeing this before?

The Elohim have been tasked with defending the holy sites of the world from those who would seek to corrupt or destroy them. As such, they are aware of where those sites are (base FfH feature). Additionally for FF, they can gain additional traits or other abilities by visiting the sites - it sounds as though you visited the best two (there are a few other things that differ between FF Elohim and FfH Elohim - we moved the assimilation ability to Decius, and made the Elohim a heavily defensive civ with some fairly powerful abilities such as the extra traits and giving monks affinity once they reach a set level/build a special building).

ha, I had never played Elohim before at all.

(Honestly I have less than 5 FfH2 games under my belt, FF is all I have played at all, until I recently tried 2-3 games of Orib modmod)

So if I got it right:

• FFH2 - seeing Unique features
    FF - traits from some (2 specific) features
    FF - Other changes I don't understand at all
My ENTIRE understanding of Elohim WAS they make Spirit affinity monks, they get -1 attack outside their boarders, and when capturing enemy cities the city remains the race of the original owners so you can build their race specific stuff.

So none of this is 050 related and I just missed this entirely then?

So if I got it right:

• FFH2 - seeing Unique features
    FF - traits from some (2 specific) features
    FF - Other changes I don't understand at all
My ENTIRE understanding of Elohim WAS they make Spirit affinity monks, they get -1 attack outside their boarders, and when capturing enemy cities the city remains the race of the original owners so you can build their race specific stuff.

So none of this is 050 related and I just missed this entirely then?

The "capturing cities and keeping original build options" was moved over to Decius as it favours a conquering play style which we felt didn't suit the Elohim too well. The trait was called "Tolerant" on the Elohim, but was rebranded as "Conqueror" for Decius - he takes over the cities and leads them without destoying the existing culture.

Otherwise - I think you've got it pretty much right.

So now Decius can build AA if he gets an illidan city after the draw?

Okay okay okay... soooooo

Decius is the leader that can lead 3 different civs, so any of those civs (led by him) the gain said ability due to his Conqueror trait.

Is that a recent change? I swear my co-worker, who ONLY plays FF but only gets 1 night a week to play so he doesn't play much, said he that ability as the Elohim. We only started playing FF around 040 or 041. HOWEVER I fully admit he very well could have simply read about it in the forums as opposed to actually done it in game.

It was changed almost as soon as Tolerant was added to main FfH. After a while enough stories came out to make it plausible for Elohim to use the trait by lore, but we still felt that it was a nice fit for Decius, so left it on him (plus the whole Pilgrim/Monk mechanic was already designed and we liked it...)

If I recall correctly, Feast is available only to calabim-owned Vampires since FF2 0.40, unless the FF team has changed that.

That is correct, but Decius is a Calabim (or Bannor or Malakim) leader so it doesn't really matter.

I personally have pretty much always made sure all my Brujah's were all upgraded from slaves of different races.

That is correct, but Decius is a Calabim (or Bannor or Malakim) leader so it doesn't really matter.

I personally have pretty much always made sure all my Brujah's were all upgraded from slaves of different races.

Why is that?

Elohim are fun to play in this version, though I still think monks ought to be base strength 5 instead of 4, since pacifist trait reduces them to 4 attack outside their borders. Though a focused monk with spiritual affinity can start to do some pretty serious anti-evil ass kicking. I've yet to get an Enlightened one :-(

Wow, that sounds pretty nice. So, are those the only two traits you can get? Or are there others, or other gifts maybe?

I played a little as them and ended up with Spiritual and Expansive. :)
Also, I spawned a death night who gained a nice promotion from Foxfort place, whatever it's called.

Are these traits gained whenever you move a unit onto the appropriate feature, or only if you're the first civ to do so ?

Are these traits gained whenever you move a unit onto the appropriate feature, or only if you're the first civ to do so ?

First time a player moves on, if he's an Elohim. It's tracked by PlayerFeats (the same sort that track whether you've cast your worldspell) - so every Elohim player can benefit if there are multiple in the game. It could effect other civs/players, but currently only the Elohim (and I think Scions?) have events setup for visiting unique features.

For the sake of completeness, The Pool of Tears, Sirona's Beacon, Mirror of Heaven, Remnants of Patria, Odios Prison and Bradelines Well all have events associated with the Elohim visiting. Not all of these are trait gains and one (Bradeline's Well) doesn't give you anything directly, just allows you to remove a fairly evil feature from the game (converts it to Spirit Mana, no longer forces Hell Terrain to the tile - can be sanctified as normal).

Top Bottom