ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

I gave up trying to make the MegaPack work for me with the New Dawn from Afforess. I was getting the black/dark terrain. Hope this can be fixed for the next version.

i just downloaded RiseOfMankind2.8Mega.rar and riseofmankindmega2_81patch.rar

BTC is 3.19 latest patch.

before extracting, i check mods folder which is empty

i extracted RiseOfMankind2.8Mega.rar on the correct folder which is C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

then extracted riseofmankindmega2_81patch.rar on the same folder as above C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

Replaced all files/folders.

I ran the game, the mod loaded without problems, but when i tried to create a quick player game, i didn't seem to get the new 60 civilizations, i still see the original ones, but when i try to play in-game, the mod is working correctly.. but without the 60 civilizations :( Anyone got ideas?

i checked folder: C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\

all files are inside.

i also ran WoC_installer.jar it said application done, tried in-game same thing.. didn't see any new civilizations, or new leaders, but the other stuff for the mod is working

Thanks help really appreciated

EDIT: i also unpack the 4 fpk files to the modules folder, same results.. i see no new civilizations nor leaderheads, but the mod seems to work ??

Maybe their is an option i miss to enable the new civilizations and leaders?

Also if i run with megapack the game really starts very slow, and when i create a single player game, the loading is very slow

When the game finally finishes loading, i see debug messages on top, like -debug something. but the game works.. but the annoying debug text ruins it.

I also downloaded the other rom mod without the megapack, the game runs fast and quick. I don't have any weird messages about debug.

i just downloaded RiseOfMankind2.8Mega.rar and riseofmankindmega2_81patch.rar

BTC is 3.19 latest patch.

before extracting, i check mods folder which is empty

i extracted RiseOfMankind2.8Mega.rar on the correct folder which is C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

then extracted riseofmankindmega2_81patch.rar on the same folder as above C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

Replaced all files/folders.

I ran the game, the mod loaded without problems, but when i tried to create a quick player game, i didn't seem to get the new 60 civilizations, i still see the original ones, but when i try to play in-game, the mod is working correctly.. but without the 60 civilizations :( Anyone got ideas?

i checked folder: C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\

all files are inside.

i also ran WoC_installer.jar it said application done, tried in-game same thing.. didn't see any new civilizations, or new leaders, but the other stuff for the mod is working

Thanks help really appreciated

EDIT: i also unpack the 4 fpk files to the modules folder, same results.. i see no new civilizations nor leaderheads, but the mod seems to work ??

Maybe their is an option i miss to enable the new civilizations and leaders?

Also if i run with megapack the game really starts very slow, and when i create a single player game, the loading is very slow

When the game finally finishes loading, i see debug messages on top, like -debug something. but the game works.. but the annoying debug text ruins it.

I also downloaded the other rom mod without the megapack, the game runs fast and quick. I don't have any weird messages about debug.

You seemed to follow all steps.

Only thing I can see is that you installed into My Documents/BtS/Mods instead of Program Files/xxx/BtS/Mods. Try the second. Just move the RoM folder to that folder.

If it still doesn't work, no idea :dunno:.

You seemed to follow all steps.

Only thing I can see is that you installed into My Documents/BtS/Mods instead of Program Files/xxx/BtS/Mods. Try the second. Just move the RoM folder to that folder.

If it still doesn't work, no idea :dunno:.

Well i am gonna load the vanilla bts and load the mod in-game options. See if it works.. i moved the Rise of Mankind folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

EDIT:

It worked when i manually loaded the mod in-game, how do i make it auto+load the mod?

well in civ.ini

its

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind

should i change that to

Mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind ??

well in civ.ini

its

should i change that to

Mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

?

For ini line, don't change it. The first one is correct one.

The debug messages can be turned off from BUG options' system page (I think, ctrl+alt+o). There set the debug settings from debug to info and the annoying messages go away. I forgot this setting on before I packed the mod to rar file.

Does the megaciv pack even work with v2.81? I have BtS 3.19, downloaded the RoMmega, put it in program files\firaxis games\civ4\bts\mods like its supposed to be. I used the jar file in the modules folder because it showed up in that folder then I copied and pasted it to custom civs and used it there, and the 2nd to last text said error abort. And also; the 2.81 patch showed up in my RoM folder with the same name inside it. Is that my problem because I've started the game several times and if I go to Play Now it just has the default civs. I really have no idea how to make it work.

I just installed the Mega Civ Pack (and Unofficial Leaderhead Pack) and now I'm getting this error, usually when I start going through the different leaderheads: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....

I am guessing that it's a RAM (2 GB) problem perhaps? Is there hope to get these packs working or should I just go back and play RoM without any add ons?

I just installed the Mega Civ Pack (and Unofficial Leaderhead Pack) and now I'm getting this error, usually when I start going through the different leaderheads: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....

I am guessing that it's a RAM (2 GB) problem perhaps? Is there hope to get these packs working or should I just go back and play RoM without any add ons?
Install only mega civ pack. It contains Unofficial leaderpack. When I added them to Mega civ pack I updated some leader's graphics and now if you had installed both, there would be animation conflicts between mega civpack's leaders and unofficial leaderpack's leaders so you can't install them both.

I just installed the Mega Civ Pack (and Unofficial Leaderhead Pack) and now I'm getting this error, usually when I start going through the different leaderheads: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...."

@ Zappara:

Thanks for your reply. I will try fixing this problem as you suggested, but I want to make sure I didn't miscommunicate something. The "Unofficial Leaderhead Pack" I installed was actually the "Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2" by generalstaff. Is that the same leaderhead pack you were referring to as well?

UPDATE:
Since I like RoM so much, I decided just to start over and see if I can get the game to work. I downloaded and installed the 2.8 Mega version of RoM. Then I downloaded and installed the 2.81 Mega Patch. Next I ran woc_installer.jar. I am getting the same error I noted above but have found that the game crashes when I click on certain leaderheads during the setup of a game. So far, there are three leaders and two empires that crash the game for me if I click them. They are Putin (Russia), Smoke Jaguar (Maya) and Goyathlay (Apache). The Ottoman and Greek empires crash the game too. Is anyone else having trouble with these particular civs? I'd like to know how to fix the problems.

@ Zappara:

Thanks for your reply. I will try fixing this problem as you suggested, but I want to make sure I didn't miscommunicate something. The "Unofficial Leaderhead Pack" I installed was actually the "Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2" by generalstaff. Is that the same leaderhead pack you were referring to as well?
Yes, I was referring to generalstaff's leader pack. Mega pack holds both my leaderpack 1 and generalstaff's leaderpack 2 (except I removed couple overlapping leaders so that 2 civs can't have same leader + I didn't include hitler).

i tried to make this work with Multiplayer, but the 2nd computer on with this mega pack always gives XML errors, but the one making creating the game never gets XML error.

But if i play the game via single, no XML errors on the computer that did XML error in multiplayer lol

I reduced the number of civs so that it didn't go too far above the dll's maximum of 50 and it seems to be manageable.

Well i am gonna load the vanilla bts and load the mod in-game options. See if it works.. i moved the Rise of Mankind folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

EDIT:

It worked when i manually loaded the mod in-game, how do i make it auto+load the mod?

well in civ.ini

its

should i change that to

Mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind ??

Wait, how exactly do you do that? I really wanted to try Richard and Henry from the English set. I have the exact same problem you did, the regular game loads up, but I don't get any of the extra Civs.
Are you saying I have to start the game and somehow manually load up a a civ? If so, could you walk a noob through it?

Will this work with 2.9 version of the mod?
No, all modular civilizations and leaders will have to be updated for v2.9 because civilization artstyles have changed so all custom civs would be missing city art and leaders need new inquisition memory infos. Updating all civs will take some time and I'll try to release them as single civ zips so that players can choose the civs they want to use - most likely I'll create a new thread for them as well.

No, all modular civilizations and leaders will have to be updated for v2.9 because civilization artstyles have changed so all custom civs would be missing city art and leaders need new inquisition memory infos. Updating all civs will take some time and I'll try to release them as single civ zips so that players can choose the civs they want to use - most likely I'll create a new thread for them as well.

And this is just excellent, excellent idea :goodjob:

Loading all 60 Civs is a huge bargain for most PCs, but I love the idea to add just couple of them :)

Top Bottom